No announcement yet.

Thoughts on a trade for Xavier Rhodes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a trade for Xavier Rhodes?

word is he will be on the trade block, what should the Broncos offer?

lOVE him. Wanted him so badly when minn took him right before us. Can we trade Keenum back to them for him?

Comment

First I've heard about this.

I'd do it for a 2nd but I don't think the Vikings would settle for that. That tends to be the problem with trading non-QB/pass rusher blue chip guys on big second deals. Outside of QBs, nothing more valuable than cheap 1st rounders. Best bet is usually a contender willing to give up a late 1st for guys like this.

Comment

Turns 29 in June.
        4 years remaining on current contract.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Vikings: Making the case for trading away Xavier Rhodes: <a href="https://t.co/YyRJa7SNeB">https://t.co/YyRJa7SNeB</a></p>&mdash; Joe Kipp (@JuhKipp) <a href="https://twitter.com/JuhKipp/status/1083410498769600512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by i4jelway7 View Post
          word is he will be on the trade block, what should the Broncos offer?
          Really? That is surprising, Vikings should put Waynes on the trade block but if Rhodes is traded to Broncos, I will miss him, I would take a 2nd or 3rd rounder from the Broncos

Comment

rumor is Kyle Rudolph may be cut and Rhodes could be on the trade block

Comment

Why would they move their best corner?

Comment

Sign me up for Rudolph.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyMoss84 View Post
                  Really? That is surprising, Vikings should put Waynes on the trade block but if Rhodes is traded to Broncos, I will miss him, I would take a 2nd or 3rd rounder from the Broncos
                  Originally posted by Archer81 View Post

they need the picks & Rhodes was out played by Waynes but Rhodes was banged up too

Comment

Originally posted by i4jelway7
                    they need the picks & Rhodes was out played by Waynes

And keeping them both is out of the question? Wouldnt the Vikings take $20 million in dead cap to move Rhodes?

Comment

They did just spend a 1st on a corner but I figured Waynes would be the guy they move on from.

Comment

It would suck if Rudolph is cut, he had a great year this year but I can understand it since Vikings want to save cap space but that will be another need in the draft if Kyle is cut

Comment

Lots of DB depth on cheaper deals and they're up against the cap. Plus Rhodes is coming off his worst season.

Comment

And keeping them both is out of the question? Wouldnt the Vikings take $20 million in dead cap to move Rhodes?

they only have 11 mill in cap space and want to resign Richardson, Zimmer feels he can coach up any DB's they draft

Who edited my thread title?

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
                              Lots of DB depth on cheaper deals and they're up against the cap. Plus Rhodes is coming off his worst season.
                              Yes. I’ll take FA Callahan at Nickel and just draft another CB.

Comment

Working...
                              X