OT: Please SUBSCRIBE To My YouTube Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Please SUBSCRIBE To My YouTube Channel

Guys, I have been a member on this forum since 2003. I have had Ataxia since 1998.

Ataxia is a degenerative disease of the nervous system. Many symptoms of Ataxia can mimic those of being drunk – slurred speech, stumbling, falling, and incoordination. All are related to degeneration of the part of the brain, called the cerebellum, that is responsible for coordinating movement. Ataxia is a disease that affects people of all ages. Age of symptom-onset can vary widely, from childhood to late-adulthood. Complications from the disease are serious, oftentimes debilitating, and can be life-shortening.

My symptoms are lack of coordination, slurred speech, , eye movement abnormalities, deterioration of fine motor skills, difficulty walking, and gait abnormalities.

I am the 1% though. I am actually training to walk a marathon to support Ataxia awareness. I am going to be used in the marketing for the Nation Ataxia Society. Most of the other Ataxians I know are in wheelchairs or walkers and can barely be understood though. I meet in person with some of them, am forming a support group to meet with more, and talk and/or message with more all over the world.

The Broncos are SUPER important to me. I have checked this board about 3x a day since I joined. It would mean the world to me if you checked out some of my videos and subscribed to my channel.

Here is a link to my most recent video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juw_mbJEgIs
    Last edited by Slade; 01-17-2019, 10:39 AM.

Good stuff man, you have my subscription. Best of luck on the marathon training!

Comment

Originally posted by DHallblows View Post
      Good stuff man, you have my subscription. Best of luck on the marathon training!
      Thank you so much. it really means a lot to me. And I am praying more people learn about this disease and disabled people in general....as we are still very able.
      Last edited by Slade; 01-17-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Easy enough, subscribed! good luck man

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
          Easy enough, subscribed! good luck man
          Thank you! As funny as it may sound, the members on this board have become like my extended family.

I started just reading posts by wabbit back in 2003, and now I enjoy all of them.

You guys are great!

Comment

Originally posted by Slade View Post
            Thank you! As funny as it may sound, the members on this board have become like my extended family.

I started just reading posts by wabbit back in 2003, and now I enjoy all of them.

You guys are great!
            So action is the creepy loud mouthed uncle nobody talks to during the holidays?

Comment

Originally posted by Slade View Post
              Guys, I have been a member on this forum since 2003. I have had Ataxia since 1998.

Ataxia is a degenerative disease of the nervous system. Many symptoms of Ataxia can mimic those of being drunk – slurred speech, stumbling, falling, and incoordination. All are related to degeneration of the part of the brain, called the cerebellum, that is responsible for coordinating movement. Ataxia is a disease that affects people of all ages. Age of symptom-onset can vary widely, from childhood to late-adulthood. Complications from the disease are serious, oftentimes debilitating, and can be life-shortening.

My symptoms are lack of coordination, slurred speech, , eye movement abnormalities, deterioration of fine motor skills, difficulty walking, and gait abnormalities.

I am the 1% though. I am actually training to walk a marathon to support Ataxia awareness. I am going to be used in the marketing for the Nation Ataxia Society. Most of the other Ataxians I know are in wheelchairs or walkers and can barely be understood though. I meet in person with some of them, am forming a support group to meet with more, and talk and/or message with more all over the world.

The Broncos are SUPER important to me. I have checked this board about 3x a day since I joined. It would mean the world to me if you checked out some of my videos and subscribed to my channel.

Here is a link to my most recent video:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juw_mbJEgIs
              Subscribed my man. Thank you so much for your wonderful message. May God bless you always.

Let me know in a private message if there are donations I can make too.

Keep on fighting that good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
                Subscribed my man. Thank you so much for your wonderful message. May God bless you always.

Let me know in a private message if there are donations I can make too.

Keep on fighting that good fight.

Thank you so much! I'll PM you a link...probably tomorrow. I have to go for a long walk now.

Comment

http:/youtu.be/enk6rELJz4Y

Comment

Done!

Comment

Ataxia has hit my circle of people as well. To add to Slade's comment in 99% of the cases with Ataxia both parents are healthy and your normal sports excelling kid suddenly starts showing the effects out of nowhere in the mid to late teens. Researchers are starving for funding in the stem cell and gene editing arenas to find treatments for this, as of now for the most part there are none but the possibilities are starting to emerge for the first time ever.

You've all seen me post in other areas, its why I'm so impassioned about how we willy nilly fund pet projects and ignore those really in need of medical advancement. I AM NOT trying to politicize this thread rather than until it hits you people don't give a crap about this stuff.

Slade my heart goes out to you as I've had to start learning more about Ataxia than I ever wanted to and become aware of the effects on people, I'm glad you are part of the 1%.

For those of you who want to really see why we need to fund medical research go here:
                      https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/...xia-Fact-Sheet
                      This is one of many but along with MS one of the most debilitating. Over 150,000 have this or some other kind of Ataxia and your life changes overnight if diagnosed and you live with no treatment partially due to funding.

Edit: Just subscribed and watched, your video is beautiful man, an inspiration for everyone. Hang in there I'm confident therapies are coming.
                      Last edited by ghwk; 02-13-2019, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much, and I know I'm blessed to be in the 1 percent. I actually just lost a fan-friend from the disease.

I pray every day that there is a cure...but unlike MS and Parkinson's, where milions are affected...Ataxia affects about 200,000 worldwide, so no one cares about trying to find a cure for it. From a pharmaceutical perspective I get it...there just isn't the big money in it like with bigger diseases. But from my perspective, I wish they would see otherwise.

Comment

subscribed. keep it up bud, perseverance and focus on the good!

Comment

Working...
                          X