Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it safe to say we're drafting a QB this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it safe to say we're drafting a QB this year?

new coach, new offense, new QB?

Comment

Given our focus on bringing in college concepts into the offense, yes. They are clearly planning to go after a QB early.

Comment

I think it is more likely now that we aren't going the Kubial route and are instead looking for a more progressive, modern offense.

It also buys Fangio and Elway patience with the fan base. "Growing pains" are a legitimate excuse for an underwhelming season if they commit to playing Will Gri- I mean, the rookie, early.

Comment

I'm ok with a rookie if he plays Week 1.

But i actually wonder if we move on from Case now. Gary was his biggest supporter. We'd save 10 mil off the cap.

Bring in a vet for a 1 yr deal to help the rookie out. But i think we're pretty confidently going QB round 1 now. Everything points to it, if not i think the pick would be Devin White.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
              Feels a little more likely now that someone from the Kyle Shanahan tree is being targeted, given his work with RG3 (although Murray is 10x the passer).

But I still don't think Elway wants someone who doesn't fit the "prototype". So probably Lock.

Comment

Have Keenum restructure. 8 million off the base, 2 million bonus for each playoff game he starts and an extra 2 million if they get a bye week 1 of the playoffs. Potential to earn all 8 million back if Broncos make the superbowl.

Comment

He said a QB, not a chipmunk...

Comment

Originally posted by LeftCoastBronco View Post
                    He said a QB, not a chipmunk...
                    That chipmunk has a mini rocket launcher for a right arm!

Comment

That chipmunk has a mini rocket launcher for a right arm!
                      What about a deep out? I have yet to see him throw one. All I have ever see him throw are those beautiful deep bombs... He is interesting and will be fun to watch for sure, I'm just not sure he is a true NFL QB.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftCoastBronco View Post
                        What about a deep out? I have yet to see him throw one. All I have ever see him throw are those beautiful deep bombs... He is interesting and will be fun to watch for sure, I'm just not sure he is a true NFL QB.
                        Not an out, but here's a comeback from the opposite hash.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kyler Murray completing a 20 yard comeback from the opposite hash (college hash is further apart than NFL).<br><br>This is what we in the bizz call a FAT (Far Ass Throw) <a href="https://t.co/CcQyu7PgWk">pic.twitter.com/CcQyu7PgWk</a></p>&mdash; Ted Nguyen (@FB_FilmAnalysis) <a href="https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1070344268508590082?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 5, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post
                          Hoping for lock

Comment

If they draft a quarterback in the first round, they better play him for a decent amount of the games his rookie year, and I'd rather see him play week 1. Just clear the way for him. Forget that make him earn it crap. As bad as Keenum is, he's going to be better than a rookie QB, so the rookie will probably not beat him out. That means another year of Keenum. They need to be done with him. Don't have him in there keeping the seat warm, because if he's decent, when will the rookie get in? Take the cap hit, which is also a cap savings, and go with a rookie QB next year.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
                              Have Keenum restructure. 8 million off the base, 2 million bonus for each playoff game he starts and an extra 2 million if they get a bye week 1 of the playoffs. Potential to earn all 8 million back if Broncos make the superbowl.
                              That doesn't sound like a good deal for Keenum. He probably won't see those incentives.

Isn't a good $10 million of his 2019 salary already guaranteed? He can get cut, walk away with his money, and sign somewhere else as a backup and make a decent amount. Probably more than taking a pay cut to stay with the Broncos.

Comment

Working...
                              X