Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cardinals Kingsbury said he would take Kyker Murray with first pick? First for Rosen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
    Rosen has three years left on his guaranteed rookie deal (not including the fifth year option). Rosen and his agent would have no leverage to determine where he goes.
    I hear what you saying, but I bet they would at least try to accommodate Rosen’s destination somewhat. I doubt the new regime would be full blown pricks to him. But when push comes to shove....

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post
      I hear what you saying, but I bet they would at least try to accommodate Rosen’s destination somewhat.
      I'm sure if they had two offers that were close to the same, they would accommodate him. But if the offers weren't close, he'd have to live with it (just like he did on draft day, really).

That said, I don't think this happens. If the Cards had changed GMs in addition to HC, I could buy it. But Keim picked Rosen himself. Is he really going to move him after one season, basically acknowledging that he made a mistake? I don't see it. I'm sure a willingness to work with Rosen was part of the interviewing process for any candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
        I'm sure if they had two offers that were close to the same, they would accommodate him. But if the offers weren't close, he'd have to live with it (just like he did on draft day, really).

That said, I don't think this happens. If the Cards had changed GMs in addition to HC, I could buy it. But Keim picked Rosen himself. Is he really going to move him after one season, basically acknowledging that he made a mistake? I don't see it. I'm sure a willingness to work with Rosen was part of the interviewing process for any candidate.
        I agree. This is taking a step backwards to me. This team is already way out of step as it is.

Comment

They’re not going to trade Rosen. Just got done watching the offense Kliff ran at Texas tech. A lot of no huddle & in shotgun all the time. Reminds of how our offense ran with Manning. The kind of offense that would probably best cater to Rosen.

Comment

Like others here i'd be intrigued for a 2nd or a 3rd perhaps, but for our #10 pick I'd rather take the best QB available. I'm more optimistic about this year's draft class than I was a few weeks ago, so unless it goes crazy there should be someone good available. Also most rookie Qbs struggle their first year so this is the worst conceivable time for them to trade him. You decided he wasn't worth your first-round pick last year after all, so you want someone to give up their first-round pick for him? Good luck with that....

Still, at this point last year many weren't even sure if Mayfield was a first round pick or not, the likely draft value of players starts to become a lot clearer the nearer we get to April....then shocks can happen on the day , so we'll see

Comment

Watch the Patriots trade for him. Then this place will really go nuts.

Comment

I still like Rosen better than any QB in this draft. If the Cardinals would trade him for #10 and kick back a 3rd round or so, that would be a steal for me. The biggest knock on him was his lack of toughness, and he showed toughness in spades getting knocked to pieces every game in Arizona last season. He'll be a great pocket QB, just needs at least a league average OL. David Johnson got destroyed due to that same OL as well. You can't begin to describe how bad it was, ours was All-Pro in comparison.

Comment

if the broncos are players in this arena it will be to aquire Murray, not Rosen.

Comment

So all this wild speculation is based off some random comment Kingsbury made in October? How could he have known he was actually going to be an NFL head coach with the #1 pick in a few months?

He was just complimenting the opposing QB at the time. He probably would have said the same thing vs. Haskins or Lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                      So all this wild speculation is based off some random comment Kingsbury made in October? How could he have known he was actually going to be an NFL head coach with the #1 pick in a few months?

He was just complimenting the opposing QB at the time. He probably would have said the same thing vs. Haskins or Lock.
                      The system Kliff run, as well Sarkisian coming in, looks as though they are putting a staff together geared towards helping Rosen. Murray doesn’t even fit in to what they do.

Comment

That's what I was thinking the night Kingsbury's comments went viral but the next day when Schefter didn't shoot it down...

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
                          That's what I was thinking the night Kingsbury's comments went viral but the next day when Schefter didn't shoot it down...
                          respectfully, shefters job is to spread news , not stifle it.
                          I like Adam but he is not above a little titilation.

Comment

BINGO !

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                              I still like Rosen better than any QB in this draft. If the Cardinals would trade him for #10 and kick back a 3rd round or so, that would be a steal for me. The biggest knock on him was his lack of toughness, and he showed toughness in spades getting knocked to pieces every game in Arizona last season. He'll be a great pocket QB, just needs at least a league average OL. David Johnson got destroyed due to that same OL as well. You can't begin to describe how bad it was, ours was All-Pro in comparison.
                              I agree, if the Cards are dumb enough to draft Murray with the first pick, surely they are dumb enough to make your trade. I thank Fangio would be very happy with Rosen, especially if Munchak is the oline coach

Comment

Working...
                              X