RUN to the PLAY-OFFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
    Nothing you've said is incorrect, or new in relation to this thread. And chef legitimately believes that if the team that ran the ball 50 times wins the game, then his theory (that no one disagrees with or disbelieves) is correct.

Some people enjoy being special for the wrong reasons. Chef is such a person.

wow interesting forms of 100% AGREEMENT , I must have mis-read all the anamosity, my bad.
    I wu;; start selling
    "RUN TO WIN " t-shirts, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
      Denver won SB 50 with perhaps the greatest QB to play the game, who was a gimp at this time, with a rushing average of 107 rypg.

This season Denver averaged 119 rypg.

Denver averaged 26.4 rushes in the SB 50 season. They averaged 24.6 this past season.

Soooooooo.

So once again, high rushing attempts per game does not equal Denver making the playoffs this year.
      absolutely wrong 8 of top ten rushing teams made play-offs, those same teams were amonhstb the top scoreers so it especially discredits the notion that PASSING is the only productive part of the O and running just kills time.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
        Oh and last year, Denver was 8th in rushing attempts per game at 28.6. How'd we do in the playoffs again
        Last year? lost in translation?
        in 2018 we were 21st amongst teams in rush attempts per game, the year before that we were 8th.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
          wow interesting forms of 100% AGREEMENT , I must have mis-read all the anamosity, my bad.
          I wu;; start selling
          "RUN TO WIN " t-shirts, thanks.

The argument stems from you believing teams won simply because they ran it X amount of times. The run did not have the impact on the outcome you believe it did.

I am unsure how many different ways that can be said to you. The run/pass ratio in this playoff season was 41/59. 818 passes and 570 runs.

Comment

The argument stems from you believing teams won simply because they ran it X amount of times. The run did not have the impact on the outcome you believe it did.

I am unsure how many different ways that can be said to you. The run/pass ratio in this playoff season was 41/59. 818 passes and 570 runs.

I never expressed or stated anything other than the run game being being a CRITICAL and ESSENTIAL part of winning.
            I never declared it was the solo determinant, not even close.
            But I did assert that it was so important that the outcome of the game is influenced by the sheer number of rush attempts compared to your opponent.
            Hey 2 team could try to light each other up, indoor/arena style, and the team with 6 rushes compared to 4 would win... in the arena leagueor not. I dont care.
            NFL
            you run, you win, the play off results prove my point.
            11 for 11

Comment

• let me put it this way.
              you couild have pat mahomes and the cheetah.
              you cant run the ball, you lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                I never expressed or stated anything other than the run game being being a CRITICAL and ESSENTIAL part of winning.
                But I did assert that it was so important that the outcome of the game is influenced by the sheer number of rush attempts compared to your opponent.
                Hey 2 team could try to light each other up, indoor/arena style, and the team with 6 rushes compared to 4 would win... in the arena leagueor not. I dont care.
                NFL
                you run, you win, the play off results prove my point.
                11 for 11

You prove you don't actually read other peoples posts.

11+ pages of proof.

Comment

Nothing you've said is incorrect, or new in relation to this thread. And chef legitimately believes that if the team that ran the ball 50 times wins the game, then his theory (that no one disagrees with or disbelieves) is correct.

Some people enjoy being special for the wrong reasons. Chef is such a person.

Chef keeps saying the most rushing attempts is what determines a teams commitment to running the ball yet ignores when the 2 teams that totally committed to running the football more than anyone else got bounced in a hurry.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                    Chef keeps saying the most rushing attempts is what determines a teams commitment to running the ball yet ignores when the 2 teams that totally committed to running the football more than anyone else got bounced in a hurry.
                    game by game, are you just fishing at this point?
                    I have always been a sucker for a whooley worm or royal coachman.

Comment

• When you say:
                      Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                      so I declared,
                      the team with the most rush attempts will win.
                      You can't also say:
                      Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                      Those statements are incompatible.

If you say a successful running game is critical and essential, most people will agree with you.

If you say that the team with the most rushing attempts, regardless of the quality of those attempts, will win, then people will not agree. Because it is wrong.
                      Last edited by broncosjf; 02-07-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Here, let's try another tack, since you are not actually listening to anyone Chef.

The last RB to win a SB MVP was our own TD. In the last 21 years, ZERO RBs have won the SuperbOwl MVP. In the 21 years prior, 6 RBs won the SB MVP. And the answer is obvious.

Because they changed the rules to favor the passing game. They (the NFL) wanted fireworks and lots of points. So they kept changing the rules to favor the passing game above all else. And the MVP award shows that the running game is now secondary. The passing game is what wins games. It's the most potent weapon on any team now. NOT the running game.

Great RBs used to be a thing. Now RBs are just a thing you need. If you get a great one, that's nice.. but it doesn't guarantee anything. Of the top 10 RBs in the league, only a couple ended up in the playoffs. NEs RB was ranked 15th in yards, and they won the SB.

You keep saying that the # of rushing attempts is THE reason teams are winning. Everyone else is saying that the # of rushing attempts is a by product of a winning team. While you are not wrong that over 30 rushes usually means a team is winning that game, it is not BECAUSE of those 30 rushes.

What about that is not clear to you? =)

Comment

Working...
                        X