X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by socalorado View Post
    Keesums strengths were Zimmer and Shurmur. And! As a bonus, he's an overachiever.
    great answer !

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
    He has no strengths. He is a neckless Matt Cassel. He does nothing well that a QB is required to do.

Weak Arm
    Poor pocket presence
    Lead footed
    Inaccurate
    Holds ball too long
    Throws Ints
    Doesn't know where to go with the ball
    Makes boneheaded mental errors (clock run down on 4th down)

What do you see as his strengths?
    did these limitations that you outlined reveal themselves last year in minny ? let me amswer by saying 'NO"
    or at least not to the extent they did this year.

They dumped case for a 90 million guarantee QB, the prise of free agency last year, how is he looking?
    My point is MANERS and bronmco fans cant be fixated on just the QB play as an answer to our problems.
    our COACHES influence the impact of our QB !
    even minny has recently discovered that their expensive QB is a better QB when he throws the ball LESS.
    is WENTS a superior QB talent to foles?
    MOST would say "absolutely"
    But I contend the eagles play better with FOLES !
    why?
    because they COACH better when foles is in !
    They do npot rely on WENTZ, instead they focus on the TEAM !
    every single NFL team is re-discovering that a RUN game commitment is essential to winning football !
    even the juggernaut offenses of CK and LA are faced with the reality that they are less competent of winning without the run game.
    to all of you who say,
    our broncos would be a better team if we had a better QB, i respond by saying that CVASE has already proven that he is a better QB when on a better team with a better offensive gameplan.
    meanwhile MINNY is learning the exact same lesson !

we might have one more win this year, maybe 2 if we had aaron rodgers as our QB, but...
    we wouls still be the third best team in our division and no hoe for the play-offs.
    we need new COACHES before we need a new QB
    that is my point, does not matter who the new QB might be, he aint going anywhere special without the right coaches and gameplans

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    He has no strengths. He is a neckless Matt Cassel. He does nothing well that a QB is required to do.

Weak Arm
    Poor pocket presence
    Lead footed
    Inaccurate
    Holds ball too long
    Throws Ints

Keesums strengths were Zimmer and Shurmur. And! As a bonus, he's an overachiever.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied

Weak Arm
    Poor pocket presence
    Lead footed
    Inaccurate
    Holds ball too long
    Throws Ints

He’s gritty, dammit!

Leave a comment:

• Gutless Drunk
    replied
    Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
    I disagree with the saddled with a bad QB excuse.
    CASE was a play-off contender last year, he played well.
    KEENUM was diminished as a QB playing with the broncos because they accentuated his weaknesses, not his strengths !

Weak Arm
    Poor pocket presence
    Lead footed
    Inaccurate
    Holds ball too long
    Throws Ints

Leave a comment:

• Hercules Rockefeller
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyR View Post
    You completely misunderstood what I was saying. I'm saying that an argument in favor of VJ is that he was saddled with a bad QB. Which he was. Hard to win in the NFL. Even harder to do it with a bottom tier QB. My comment had nothing to do with the coaching search or the length of Keenum's contract.
    Yeah, I totally misread that.

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyR View Post
    You completely misunderstood what I was saying. I'm saying that an argument in favor of VJ is that he was saddled with a bad QB. Which he was. Hard to win in the NFL. Even harder to do it with a bottom tier QB. My comment had nothing to do with the coaching search or the length of Keenum's contract.
    I disagree with the saddled with a bad QB excuse.
    CASE was a play-off contender last year, he played well.
    KEENUM was diminished as a QB playing with the broncos because they accentuated his weaknesses, not his strengths !

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
    Saddled with a terrible QB?

JFC. He signed a 2-year deal and he’s got a year left. The handwringing on this board over how a short-term QB is going to affect the coaching search at this point is embarrassing.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules Rockefeller
    replied
    Saddled with a terrible QB?

JFC. He signed a 2-year deal and he’s got a year left. The handwringing on this board over how a short-term QB is going to affect the coaching search at this point is embarrassing.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisp View Post
    Arguments in favour

Weak upcoming QB draft class
    Weak upcoming HC market
    Strong schedule - played hard against strong teams
    Horrible injury luck - possibly the worst season ever for injuries
    Consistency in general
    Top-12 scoring defense
    You could definitely add "saddled with a terrible QB" to that list. But, yeah, I want the guy out of the building too. Him and the terrible QB.

Leave a comment:

• Dedhed
    replied
    The loss to San Francisco was bad for VJ's chances of getting a third year. The losses to the Browns and Raiders sealed his fate.

Leave a comment:

• Bronx33
    replied
    VJ doesn't know when to take time outs nor understands what a challenge flag is for that right there tells a person all he needs to know.

Leave a comment:

• chrisp
    replied
    I agree with the OP in that although I want VJ gone, there is a case for keeping him. Not a strong one by any stretch, but a case nonetheless.

Arguments in favour

Weak upcoming QB draft class
    Weak upcoming HC market
    Strong schedule - played hard against strong teams
    Horrible injury luck - possibly the worst season ever for injuries
    Consistency in general
    Top-12 scoring defense

Arguments against

Horrible game management
    Team Played soft/weak in games we should have won (Raiders, Jets, 49ers)
    Little to no improvement in the offense

Note that two of the main arguments in favour are nothing to do with VJ himself but the prospects of replacing him or improving the roster. Like I say I want him gone now, and feel the cons outweigh the pros by a considerable amount but should he miraculously stay its probably worth remembering there are some pros in there.

If we move on, the next move has to be a success - heck, even if we draft a QB we may not know if we really have one untill a year or two from now anyway....you could argue the new HC needs a new QB or we may as well not bother...

Leave a comment:

• Strip Sacked
    replied
    I do not foresee VJ getting another year.

Leave a comment:

• TomServo
    replied
    Especially that team that hasn't been to a SB since Nixon was president. Or was it LBJ... its been So long.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X