X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go_broncos
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocket 7 View Post
    VJ broke a lot of streaks here. The not being shut out since 1992, not having back to back losing seasons, etc. If he comes back for 2019 the sellout streak will be snapped.
    there will not be any interest in fan base if he continues to be the coach.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    He will be 0-4 since getting “into” the hunt.

If Elway is a pussy and likes that kind of **** he will be back.

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied
    Unless there is a suprise firing
    The coaches available suck plus whose coming to Denver with Keenum as our QB

I’d rather secure a QB than a HC
    We saw enough plays to be made had we had a valid QB

Leave a comment:

• Rocket 7
    replied
    VJ broke a lot of streaks here. The not being shut out since 1992, not having back to back losing seasons, etc. If he comes back for 2019 the sellout streak will be snapped.

Leave a comment:

• Archer81
    replied
    Anything is possible, of course. It would be very hard for the Broncos to spin keeping him in any positive way though. If they thought fan apathy was high this season, bring back VJ and look at the love he'll get for 2019.

Leave a comment:

• LikeABoss5820
    replied
    I thought if Denver finished strong or somehow got in the playoffs, he could be back.

But with how they lost to Cleveland, dont go for it on 4th and 1 but go for it multiple times on 4th down in Oakland. Basically let Kittle the one weapon SF had beat Denver. Those three losses and the rumored Cincy stuff makes him as good as gone.

Would be pretty surprised if hes not gone shortly after the game or sometime on Monday. The injuries havent helped but its beneficial for both sides to part ways.

Leave a comment:

• Pogo
    replied
    There is absolutely no way the Broncos bring back Vance Joseph. There was a slight chance of him coming back and it was pissed away when we dropped games against SF, Cleveland, and Oakland.

VJ is 100% gone come December 31st.

Leave a comment:

• go_broncos
    replied
    If they keep VJ for one more year, I think it's better to look forward to 2020.

I am done with him last year....as i said, VJ is not even a good position coach.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2018...ections-hired/

The thing is: Joseph wasn’t a very good defensive coordinator when he had the chance. His unit’s rankings went as follows: 29th (out of 32) in total defense; 15th in passing defense; 30th in rushing defense; 18th in points allowed. He actually dropped them four spots in total defense.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    I doubt it or VJ wouldn't be rumored to already be on his way to Cincinnati. The team plays like the HC knows he is a dead duck.

Leave a comment:

• This may get me killed but I think VJ gets another year

ESPN has a pretty good article by Legwold that spells out the very reasons that I think will be cited when they bring VJ back for one more year.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...g-vance-joseph

I don't want the man back. I think they showed SOME improvement this year and the injuries were ridiculous, but I just think some of the repeated mental mistakes made by the team and staff have shown he's not the man for the job.

But I can see them keeping him and saying that this year with the injuries and trades and schedule just weren't a fair indicator for him or some **** like that.

There is no "savior" coach or QB out there this year, they are picking too low in a "meh" QB draft and I don't know that they want to be paying a new coach as well as the last year of VJ's contract.

So they keep him. If he still stinks it up, they cut him loose and the contract is fulfilled. They have good draft position and there may be new names in the coaching pool.

If he succeeds, then the team succeeds and all will be lauded for "patience" etc. etc.

We certainly live in interesting times.
Working...
X