This may get me killed but I think VJ gets another year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoullessGinger View Post
    So did Ellis make Elway hire JV in the first place? That would make me feel better, at the same time Elway should tell Ellis to pound sand.
    I didn’t say that and I put all of the blame on Elway for hiring a guy that didn’t have the resume to become the db coach or defensive coordinator, let alone the head coach. Hopefully, he has learned from that and doesn’t let Kubiak and Russell influence his decision.

Comment

Well he didn't learn from hiring Fox, until proven otherwise, Elway hasn't learned to not hire losers.

Comment

Well he didn't learn from hiring Fox, until proven otherwise, Elway hasn't learned to not hire losers.
        Losers? Both Fox and Kubiak were excellent hires at the right time. Both went to the Super Bowl, with Kubiak winning it.

Unfortunately, down the road, Fox ended up being a quitter.

Comment

Originally posted by orange crusher View Post
          I think the chances of Elway walking away are greater than Radio staying. Elway didn’t want him back last year but was overruled by Ellis. Elway isn’t dumb and can see how terrible radio is. You can bet he is every bit as pi$$ed as we are.
          Ellis did not overrule Elway on firing Joseph. He only overruled him on hiring Shanahan. Elway could have fired Joseph, but decided to give him another shot.

Comment

Fox gets a bad rap for his tenure here. He was not the flashy choice, but was the right choice for that time. He was a steadying hand and the player's coach the team needed after the McDaniels debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
              Ellis did not overrule Elway on firing Joseph. He only overruled him on hiring Shanahan. Elway could have fired Joseph, but decided to give him another shot.
              He overruled Elway on replacing radio with Shanahan, which would have resulted in the firing of radio. Essentially, he did just that. We really don’t know if Elway had other options or if he was forced to keep him for financial reasons.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Being as objective as a Chiefs fan can be....just based on performance alone, you'd want to fire VJ...but as myself and others have pointed out before....WHO would take this job in its current state? ....ask yourselves what hot coaching candidate would WANT to take over a team that is not guaranteed to be able to draft a QB, in what is not a great QB class anyhow...and the only sure thing at QB on the roster Case Keesum.....WHO? You all just kind of assume the Broncos job is on par with Cleveland or even Green Bay right now...it isn't. You are in QB hell. Free agents won't want to sign. Coaches won't want to be there.

If VJ is fired.....I would be willing to bet some bucks that you end up with DAVE TOUB. Toub is a guy ready to be a head coach, who knows he isn't ever going to be on the top of many lists...he'd take the Denver job in a heartbeat. (I would hope he stays in KC...very good special teams coach)

....What about this job right now is appealing and to whom does it appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
                    Being as objective as a Chiefs fan can be....just based on performance alone, you'd want to fire VJ...but as myself and others have pointed out before....WHO would take this job in its current state? ....ask yourselves what hot coaching candidate would WANT to take over a team that is not guaranteed to be able to draft a QB, in what is not a great QB class anyhow...and the only sure thing at QB on the roster Case Keesum.....WHO? You all just kind of assume the Broncos job is on par with Cleveland or even Green Bay right now...it isn't. You are in QB hell. Free agents won't want to sign. Coaches won't want to be there.

If VJ is fired.....I would be willing to bet some bucks that you end up with DAVE TOUB. Toub is a guy ready to be a head coach, who knows he isn't ever going to be on the top of many lists...he'd take the Denver job in a heartbeat. (I would hope he stays in KC...very good special teams coach)

True. The job isn’t the most appealing in the league. Especially hot candidates. You need to keep in mind that it isn’t like there are an unlimited amount of coaching vacancies every season. The job will be appealing to some if even a very small pool of candidates. I definitely think Toub is an interesting possibility.

Free agents will sign if they’re shown the money. That’s generally where it starts and ends. Winning is important, but 99% of NFL players are looking for a payday 1st and foremost.

Comment

• Being as objective as a Chiefs fan can be....just based on performance alone, you'd want to fire VJ...but as myself and others have pointed out before....WHO would take this job in its current state? ....ask yourselves what hot coaching candidate would WANT to take over a team that is not guaranteed to be able to draft a QB, in what is not a great QB class anyhow...and the only sure thing at QB on the roster Case Keesum.....WHO? You all just kind of assume the Broncos job is on par with Cleveland or even Green Bay right now...it isn't. You are in QB hell. Free agents won't want to sign. Coaches won't want to be there.

Because, as I stated on another thread..... We are the Mother f kin' Denver Broncos. Our last Superbowl wasn't when half the country had a black and white tube tv. We go to Superbowls. If a coach wants to go to a perennial Loser- Jets, Bills, Browns, Raiders...ETC... that's their prob.

Comment

• Especially that team that hasn't been to a SB since Nixon was president. Or was it LBJ... its been So long.

Comment

• I do not foresee VJ getting another year.

Comment

• I agree with the OP in that although I want VJ gone, there is a case for keeping him. Not a strong one by any stretch, but a case nonetheless.

Arguments in favour

Weak upcoming QB draft class
                            Weak upcoming HC market
                            Strong schedule - played hard against strong teams
                            Horrible injury luck - possibly the worst season ever for injuries
                            Consistency in general
                            Top-12 scoring defense

Arguments against

Horrible game management
                            Team Played soft/weak in games we should have won (Raiders, Jets, 49ers)
                            Little to no improvement in the offense

Note that two of the main arguments in favour are nothing to do with VJ himself but the prospects of replacing him or improving the roster. Like I say I want him gone now, and feel the cons outweigh the pros by a considerable amount but should he miraculously stay its probably worth remembering there are some pros in there.

If we move on, the next move has to be a success - heck, even if we draft a QB we may not know if we really have one untill a year or two from now anyway....you could argue the new HC needs a new QB or we may as well not bother...

Comment

• VJ doesn't know when to take time outs nor understands what a challenge flag is for that right there tells a person all he needs to know.

Comment

• The loss to San Francisco was bad for VJ's chances of getting a third year. The losses to the Browns and Raiders sealed his fate.

Comment

Working...
                                X