No announcement yet.

This may get me killed but I think VJ gets another year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So heaven help me, I would not spend another penny on Denver Broncos until VJ is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
      This is the type of mentality you get from VJ. He’s always been the Cincy way. And why that’s the only team who will come calling for him.

“I think Marvin has done a great job”. Joseph said last month. "Marvin’s been there 16 seasons and I can’t imagine working in that job for 16 years. That’s a long time with the stress and the work that goes into this job. It’s unbelievable he’s lasted that long. He’s a guy that’s won a bunch of games. He’s been in the playoffs I think third to the Patriots and Green Bay. He’s done a good job up there. It’s a program that, 10 years ago, it was almost a joke. Now it’s not. He has great players, they’re winning games, it’s a hard place to play and he is a coach that works at it. His team works at it also. He’s a worker, his team works, he’s very detailed in how he game plans and it shows in how his team plays each week”.

Not one playoff win.
      Disgusting.

Vance is a happy to be here loser.

Comment

As much as I despise the knee jerk, bipolar, i want everything right now mindset that has taken over much of our society, there is zero reason to keep Vance.

It would be different if he was a young, up and coming coach with some new and exciting ideas that just needed time to incubate.. But he's nothing. He's a guy. He's vanilla wal mart cupcakes with vanilla wal mart frosting. No sprinkles.

He's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
          I said he was #1 at going for it, not converting. Going for it is the important part; conversion rate is on the OC.
          So.. being the 20th ranked offense in the league should not be a consideration when going for 4th down conversions? With a crappy o-line? Huh!

Not to mention how many times we've used our smallest RB to try to make these conversions, instead of Freeman. Yup.. brilliance.

Comment

I'm having trouble following the logic of this writer's reasons for keeping VJ. Because Elway traded away older guys? Injuries (that's never saved anyone...)? They played eight playoff teams and beat three of them?? Not a deep coaching pool? Maybe the last one. I don't know enough about the pool.

These reasons seem poorly thought out and conceptualized so Legwold could play Kizsla for a day.

Comment

Originally posted by TerrElway View Post
              when they bring VJ back for one more year.
              [
              Hi VJ, didn't know you where a poster on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaMia View Post
                As much as I despise the knee jerk, bipolar, i want everything right now mindset that has taken over much of our society, there is zero reason to keep Vance.

It would be different if he was a young, up and coming coach with some new and exciting ideas that just needed time to incubate.. But he's nothing. He's a guy. He's vanilla wal mart cupcakes with vanilla wal mart frosting. No sprinkles.

He's gone.
                I think this is a good point/post. VJ doesn't bring anything new or dynamic to the sideline.

We've seen the o-line solidify, and some recent young talent has begun to really develop during VJ's tenure. Bolles is coming along and ought to be good, Booker is a good pass catching back who does all right in small clean up situations, McGovern is really coming along strong, and I think obviously Gotsis has really grown (and made the likelihood of losing Wolf sting a bit less), while Justin Simmons has continued to develop into a great player who has amazing versatility in the secondary. (That whole draft looks pretty good aside from Paxton)

But despite these developments, what does VJ bring to the team? How much impact has he had on these young players and their development?

Comment

If he showed major growth he could have stayed. His in game management is awful. Ownership up in the air, No Stadium name, no QBOTF empty seats growing every game. Sundays game might really show it. Keeping a bad HC 12 more months stupid.

Comment

We should keep him, this has been great, not a **** show of coaching this season at all...

Comment

Just the thought of VJ coming back

Click image for larger version

Name:	09CC195D-1ECA-4708-8783-4E9F22738AEB.gif
Views:	1
Size:	1,022.1 KB
ID:	2357692

Comment

I think it’s a foregone conclusion VJ will be terminated. Legwold (like the other Broncos reporters) is running out of interesting tidbits to write about.

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                          I think it’s a foregone conclusion VJ will be terminated. Legwold (like the other Broncos reporters) is running out of interesting tidbits to write about.
                          Yes, this is correct. Legwold is only writing a story that gives two sides of the coin. Nowhere in there does he say that VJ will, or will not, be fired. Privately, he prolly believes that VJ is Dead Man Walking, but that isn’t the purpose of the article. The article is just what you said, he doesn’t have any better of a subject to write about right now.

But how OP or anyone else can read that article and actually worry that it has any weight whatsoever in Elway’s decision is beyond me.

Comment

If VJ is retained, i think it's better to look for a new ownership.

Comment

I think the chances of Elway walking away are greater than Radio staying. Elway didn’t want him back last year but was overruled by Ellis. Elway isn’t dumb and can see how terrible radio is. You can bet he is every bit as pi$$ed as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by orange crusher View Post
                                I think the chances of Elway walking away are greater than Radio staying. Elway didn’t want him back last year but was overruled by Ellis. Elway isn’t dumb and can see how terrible radio is. You can bet he is every bit as pi$$ed as we are.
                                So did Ellis make Elway hire JV in the first place? That would make me feel better, at the same time Elway should tell Ellis to pound sand.

Comment

Working...
                                X