replied
    Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
    I have a monopoly on the truth.
    Spoken like a true nutter.

Leave a comment:

• itswutz4dinna
    replied
    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Nothing you ever post makes any bloody sense.
    I have a monopoly on the truth.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules Rockefeller
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Cheeze View Post
    If he comes back it will affect attendance. That is the biggest thing for the franchise. We won't allow a possibility of seeing empty seats or opposing team fans outnumbering Denver fans regularly and a Joseph return does that as little to no fans have faith in him getting better or righting the ship
    It already has. I don’t care what they’re announcing as through the gate, the last two games I went to (Houston and Cleveland), did not have close to what they were claiming attended.

Leave a comment:

• Powderaddict
    replied
    Maybe Elway bona fide wants to tank for a QB in 2020? That's the only reason I can think of that would result in VJ getting another year.

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
    If John was looking at bringing Shanny in last year I don't see a way where VJ sticks around this year.

Plus there are good candidates out there.

Shanny
    Dave Toub
    a couple college guys
    bunch of hot coordinators like Bienimey (SP?) in kFc
    etc

I think John has had his best success when he tries to get the band back together and go back to their best successes in the 90's. It worked with Kubes, Manning just didn't have enough good years left in him by then.

With our stable of young RB's I see John going back to the WC Zone/Stretch O and probably try to get a Plummer type year out of Keenuts unless they make a move for Bridgewater who looks to be starting this week.

Going back to that kind of O points to Shanny, Toub, or Bienimey. That is the way I go with Eric being a long shot.
    for the sake of everyone here...
    dont get me started on plummer.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules Rockefeller
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post
    Unless there is a suprise firing
    The coaches available suck plus whose coming to Denver with Keenum as our QB

I’d rather secure a QB than a HC
    We saw enough plays to be made had we had a valid QB
    Yeah, that 8-year deal they signed Keenum to really locks him in long-term for the next HC . . .

They should tank next year, like they should have done this year.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    I think I saw a stat that he goes for it on 4th down more than any coach in the league. That's reason enough to keep him around, and one of the only things a head coach even does. The others are TOs and challenges, at which he sucks but could improve. HCs don't tend to get better on 4th down.

The coordinators are the really important coaches (unless the HC is one).
    Nothing you ever post makes any bloody sense.

Leave a comment:

• itswutz4dinna
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
    Right up until the point where doing so is the biggest no-brainer decision of the year.

It's one thing to have a gambling personality. Another to be so clueless about it.
    Yeah but he's still better than every other coach. If anything that will make him even more aggressive.

Leave a comment:

• itswutz4dinna
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Cheeze View Post
    If he comes back it will affect attendance. That is the biggest thing for the franchise. We won't allow a possibility of seeing empty seats or opposing team fans outnumbering Denver fans regularly and a Joseph return does that as little to no fans have faith in him getting better or righting the ship
    Didn't the Broncos already get the money like 40 years ago? Empty seats shouldn't affect the b-line.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    I think I saw a stat that he goes for it on 4th down more than any coach in the league.
    Right up until the point where doing so is the biggest no-brainer decision of the year.

It's one thing to have a gambling personality. Another to be so clueless about it.

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
    Anything is possible, of course. It would be very hard for the Broncos to spin keeping him in any positive way though. If they thought fan apathy was high this season, bring back VJ and look at the love he'll get for 2019.

If John was looking at bringing Shanny in last year I don't see a way where VJ sticks around this year.

Plus there are good candidates out there.

Shanny
    Dave Toub
    a couple college guys
    bunch of hot coordinators like Bienimey (SP?) in kFc
    etc

I think John has had his best success when he tries to get the band back together and go back to their best successes in the 90's. It worked with Kubes, Manning just didn't have enough good years left in him by then.

With our stable of young RB's I see John going back to the WC Zone/Stretch O and probably try to get a Plummer type year out of Keenuts unless they make a move for Bridgewater who looks to be starting this week.

Going back to that kind of O points to Shanny, Toub, or Bienimey. That is the way I go with Eric being a long shot.

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Originally posted by TerrElway View Post
    ESPN has a pretty good article by Legwold that spells out the very reasons that I think will be cited when they bring VJ back for one more year.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...g-vance-joseph

I don't want the man back. I think they showed SOME improvement this year and the injuries were ridiculous, but I just think some of the repeated mental mistakes made by the team and staff have shown he's not the man for the job.

But I can see them keeping him and saying that this year with the injuries and trades and schedule just weren't a fair indicator for him or some **** like that.

There is no "savior" coach or QB out there this year, they are picking too low in a "meh" QB draft and I don't know that they want to be paying a new coach as well as the last year of VJ's contract.

So they keep him. If he still stinks it up, they cut him loose and the contract is fulfilled. They have good draft position and there may be new names in the coaching pool.

If he succeeds, then the team succeeds and all will be lauded for "patience" etc. etc.

We certainly live in interesting times.
    I read an article on Predominantly Orange and it went through VJs coaching history and it sucks. The dude has never proven in any consistent way, or even in an inconsistent way, that he’s a good coach and that the players he’s coach get better as a unit or team.

Leave a comment:

• itswutz4dinna
    replied
    I think I saw a stat that he goes for it on 4th down more than any coach in the league. That's reason enough to keep him around, and one of the only things a head coach even does. The others are TOs and challenges, at which he sucks but could improve. HCs don't tend to get better on 4th down.

The coordinators are the really important coaches (unless the HC is one).

Leave a comment:

• gunns
    replied
    Originally posted by TerrElway View Post
    ESPN has a pretty good article by Legwold that spells out the very reasons that I think will be cited when they bring VJ back for one more year.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...g-vance-joseph

I don't want the man back. I think they showed SOME improvement this year and the injuries were ridiculous, but I just think some of the repeated mental mistakes made by the team and staff have shown he's not the man for the job.

But I can see them keeping him and saying that this year with the injuries and trades and schedule just weren't a fair indicator for him or some **** like that.

There is no "savior" coach or QB out there this year, they are picking too low in a "meh" QB draft and I don't know that they want to be paying a new coach as well as the last year of VJ's contract.

So they keep him. If he still stinks it up, they cut him loose and the contract is fulfilled. They have good draft position and there may be new names in the coaching pool.

If he succeeds, then the team succeeds and all will be lauded for "patience" etc. etc.

We certainly live in interesting times.

I don't think so. I think Elway used those excuses last year. Even he has to be at the end with VJ regardless of the money issues. If he were brought back and succeeded, I would think strange things were going to happen as hell had surely froze over.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
    thanks my czeckoslovakian friend..
    "spell czeck "
    My pleasure.

Spelling is to the poster as 40-times are to the prospect.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X