This may get me killed but I think VJ gets another year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
    How is missing the playoffs again, trying something new? Because it’s with another coach? This post just proves that too many fans just want change for the sake of change, but will be the first to want the new guy fired when he proves that he is just another retread that benefited from having a superstar QB. McCarthy reminds me too much of guys like Caldwell, etc.

But don’t worry, VJ will be gone after Sunday, and hopefully, Elway will conduct a bonafide extensive coaching search this time, instead of just settling for “anyone not named VJ”.
    I don't want McCarthy, I'm just saying let's try something new. You're right lets just keep doing the same thing expecting different results.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
      It's about money as well. I won't be buying a trip there next year if he is back. I'm also sure that I'm not alone in this. Elway's head goes on the line when the Broncos stop selling out all there games. It will happen next year for sure if they keep VJ.
      JFE will hear the BOOS this sunday...
      I think JFE has already made out the pink slip, he is just letting these coaches finish out the season, but...
      IF JFE has ANY aprehention, that will be squashed when our beloved broncos play another uninspired game at home, and the half time walk of shame with boos and dispair filling the light , cold mountain air...
      VJ is toast.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
        I wish. Unfortunately, it requires a court ruling to remove him and his toadies as trustees, and a new, court-appointed trust to then choose Beth. I doubt that ever happens.

I meant a #metoo woman.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
          JFE will hear the BOOS this sunday...
          I think JFE has already made out the pink slip, he is just letting these coaches finish out the season, but...
          IF JFE has ANY aprehention, that will be squashed when our beloved broncos play another uninspired game at home, and the half time walk of shame with boos and dispair filling the light , cold mountain air...
          VJ is toast.
          BOOS
          hear it dont drink it.

Comment

Today's word is

aprehention

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
              I meant a #metoo woman.
              Ah...let's get on that...

Comment

I didn't watch the Browns or Raiders games, and glad I didn't.

Watching a back-up QB and that TE from San Fran play pitch and catch and run all day did it for me...

How could that guy possibly have 210 yards in one half of football in the NFL?

Get a coach who will be involved and on board with the new young draft stud we bring in, and let the build up begin.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                  I didn't watch the Browns or Raiders games, and glad I didn't.

Watching a back-up QB and that TE from San Fran play pitch and catch and run all day did it for me...

How could that guy possibly have 210 yards in one half of football in the NFL?

Get a coach who will be involved and on board with the new young draft stud we bring in, and let the build up begin.
                  you didn't watch?

thats ok.
                  even the broncos were little more than "casual observers " .

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                    Today's word is
                    thanks my czeckoslovakian friend..
                    "spell czeck "

Comment

If he comes back it will affect attendance. That is the biggest thing for the franchise. We won't allow a possibility of seeing empty seats or opposing team fans outnumbering Denver fans regularly and a Joseph return does that as little to no fans have faith in him getting better or righting the ship

Comment

thanks my czeckoslovakian friend..
                        "spell czeck "
                        My pleasure.

Spelling is to the poster as 40-times are to the prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by TerrElway View Post
                          ESPN has a pretty good article by Legwold that spells out the very reasons that I think will be cited when they bring VJ back for one more year.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...g-vance-joseph

I don't want the man back. I think they showed SOME improvement this year and the injuries were ridiculous, but I just think some of the repeated mental mistakes made by the team and staff have shown he's not the man for the job.

But I can see them keeping him and saying that this year with the injuries and trades and schedule just weren't a fair indicator for him or some **** like that.

There is no "savior" coach or QB out there this year, they are picking too low in a "meh" QB draft and I don't know that they want to be paying a new coach as well as the last year of VJ's contract.

So they keep him. If he still stinks it up, they cut him loose and the contract is fulfilled. They have good draft position and there may be new names in the coaching pool.

If he succeeds, then the team succeeds and all will be lauded for "patience" etc. etc.

We certainly live in interesting times.

I don't think so. I think Elway used those excuses last year. Even he has to be at the end with VJ regardless of the money issues. If he were brought back and succeeded, I would think strange things were going to happen as hell had surely froze over.

Comment

I think I saw a stat that he goes for it on 4th down more than any coach in the league. That's reason enough to keep him around, and one of the only things a head coach even does. The others are TOs and challenges, at which he sucks but could improve. HCs don't tend to get better on 4th down.

The coordinators are the really important coaches (unless the HC is one).

Comment

Originally posted by TerrElway View Post
                              ESPN has a pretty good article by Legwold that spells out the very reasons that I think will be cited when they bring VJ back for one more year.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...g-vance-joseph

I don't want the man back. I think they showed SOME improvement this year and the injuries were ridiculous, but I just think some of the repeated mental mistakes made by the team and staff have shown he's not the man for the job.

But I can see them keeping him and saying that this year with the injuries and trades and schedule just weren't a fair indicator for him or some **** like that.

There is no "savior" coach or QB out there this year, they are picking too low in a "meh" QB draft and I don't know that they want to be paying a new coach as well as the last year of VJ's contract.

So they keep him. If he still stinks it up, they cut him loose and the contract is fulfilled. They have good draft position and there may be new names in the coaching pool.

If he succeeds, then the team succeeds and all will be lauded for "patience" etc. etc.

We certainly live in interesting times.
                              I read an article on Predominantly Orange and it went through VJs coaching history and it sucks. The dude has never proven in any consistent way, or even in an inconsistent way, that he’s a good coach and that the players he’s coach get better as a unit or team.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
                                Anything is possible, of course. It would be very hard for the Broncos to spin keeping him in any positive way though. If they thought fan apathy was high this season, bring back VJ and look at the love he'll get for 2019.

If John was looking at bringing Shanny in last year I don't see a way where VJ sticks around this year.

Plus there are good candidates out there.

Shanny
                                Dave Toub
                                a couple college guys
                                bunch of hot coordinators like Bienimey (SP?) in kFc
                                etc

I think John has had his best success when he tries to get the band back together and go back to their best successes in the 90's. It worked with Kubes, Manning just didn't have enough good years left in him by then.

With our stable of young RB's I see John going back to the WC Zone/Stretch O and probably try to get a Plummer type year out of Keenuts unless they make a move for Bridgewater who looks to be starting this week.

Going back to that kind of O points to Shanny, Toub, or Bienimey. That is the way I go with Eric being a long shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X