Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened & What's Next? (2019 and beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
    Worrying about 2020 shouldn't really be done yet. There are QB's in this draft. The mane and all fans in general always over react to this draft sucks compared to next draft. I even remember on here when people talked that Hackenburg would be the first overall pick and Denver should suck for him.
    we dont draft HCs however !
    FOCUS on getting the right HC !
    OC and DC too !
    NO QB is going to improve the broncos until we get the right coaches in the building !

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
    I'll say it.

I think this was a good post. I don't agree with it, but Action I think you did a good job explaining your opinion, and backing up why you think this way. You also avoided mentioning how smart you are and how dumb everyone else is. It made the post much more bearable, and I enjoyed reading it.

I do agree that VJ has been put in a bad spot in many ways. I also believe he is just not a good HC.
    your post of the year, bravo, have a great new year.
    VJ is not a competent head coach.
    I withheld my decision until the 9ers game.
    I should have known better after the jets game.
    VJ is a leader of men, he should join the boy scouts
    or the salvation army because for whatever reason his leadership skills do not translate to the NFL !
    he wasnt even a decent DC.
    bad hire, move on.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoDarin
    replied
    Originally posted by Action View Post
    Place Holder

I think Action gave us a little "how do you keep an idiot in suspense" joke here. Well played Action, well played.

Seriously, I do want to hear your thoughts on what's to come after this post.

Leave a comment:

• gunns
    replied
    Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
    I'll say it.

I think this was a good post. I don't agree with it, but Action I think you did a good job explaining your opinion, and backing up why you think this way. You also avoided mentioning how smart you are and how dumb everyone else is. It made the post much more bearable, and I enjoyed reading it.

I do agree that VJ has been put in a bad spot in many ways. I also believe he is just not a good HC.
    This.

Leave a comment:

• 69bronco
    replied
    The browns passed the torch to the broncos, we are the new factory of sadness.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Worrying about 2020 shouldn't really be done yet. There are QB's in this draft. The mane and all fans in general always over react to this draft sucks compared to next draft. I even remember on here when people talked that Hackenburg would be the first overall pick and Denver should suck for him.

Leave a comment:

• Archer81
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post
    I want Von to retire a Bronco but our QB situation is dire

1. 2020 the QBs could go 1-2-3
    Denver won 6 this year and is picking 12
    2. If Denver doesn’t get a QB this year next year may need ammo to move up
    Denver May decide to trade a player one year early like NE does.

3. Elway has really screwed the pooch here with his terrible Qb evaluations wasting 3 years of Von

Also with all the injuries this year where are the 2017 draft picks to step up . There are none. Terrible 2017 draft

At this point all options have to be on the table
    1. You can't worry about a 2020 draft before the 2019 draft is even over with.

2. That is highly unlikely. Horrible QB play and god awful coaching wrecked this season. Elway will fix, or attempt to fix, both.

3. If Denver won a title with Von on the roster then he wasnt wasted. And even if we had competent to great QB play, there is no guarantee we would see regular title game appearances leaving the same net result as having bad seasons. There are some players that are awesome and statistically prodigious and they barely get playoff games.

4. Bolles is starting, and probably at this point one of our most consistent OL, Langley is nicked up, Butt is on IR, Walker is constantly a healthy scratch. The 2017 draft was not good...but 3/4 of the remaining class is sitting on the shelf. Not sure what that had to do with Von or a 2019 QB pick.

Leave a comment:

• OABB
    replied
    We did the suck part... a bit late but whatevs.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    I would only trade Von for luck. Any other QB can kiss my ass

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied
    Why doesn’t Elway consult with Manning on the next QB
    Not sure Manning is interested but what a great resource that lives down the street

Leave a comment:

• LikeABoss5820
    replied

2020 the QBs could go 1-2-3
    If Denver doesn’t get a QB this year next year may need ammo to move up

Elway has really screwed the pooch here with his terrible Qb evaluations wasting 3 years of Von

Also with all the injuries this year where are the 2017 draft picks to step up . There are none. Terrible 2017 draft

I'm not disagreeing and i dont think we'll be bottom 3 bad next year, but who knows what happens in the draft.

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied
    Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
    What veteran QB's out there are worth moving Von?

None that i can think of. Mack was on a rookie deal, and was a little younger than Von is. Von can still play at an elite level but his contract is huge and i dont think he'd get that kinda haul if he was put on the market.

2020 the QBs could go 1-2-3
    If Denver doesn’t get a QB this year next year may need ammo to move up

Elway has really screwed the pooch here with his terrible Qb evaluations wasting 3 years of Von

Leave a comment:

• LikeABoss5820
    replied
    Exploring trading Von has to be on the table.
    What veteran QB's out there are worth moving Von?

None that i can think of. Mack was on a rookie deal, and was a little younger than Von is. Von can still play at an elite level but his contract is huge and i dont think he'd get that kinda haul if he was put on the market.

Leave a comment:

• Old Coyote
    replied
    The CFL champ is a better option than Keenum IMHO.
    So is just throwing a New Rookie out there and getting him a year of play where if he shows up we found a guy, if he stinks we position ourselves in the next draft to be able to go get a pick higher than in the middle. (I have a bad feeling Case has a floor of enough wins to keep us mediocre but a ceiling that also keeps us mediocre).

Realistically..... We need a long-term #1 & a long-term #2. So at this point we still can do well drafting a QB that is a back up level talent. Hell that's all we have now anyway at big money starter.

We have a ceiling in our QB room and it's too short for the rest of the team.

Until its fixed.... draft the best QB on the board. And get another Sloter type too. Every year. Got to raise the over all ceiling in that QB room. (New coaching & FA QBs can help raise that ceiling temporarily, but not long-term)
    Last edited by Old Coyote; 12-28-2018, 02:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jason in LA
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
    This can be turned around rather quickly. Look how many teams in the playoffs this year, that were not even in the hunt or came up short last year. Outside Elway, HC and QB are the 2 biggest immediate factors on 2019. Im like a broken record cause this time last year I was saying HC and QB were the 2 biggest factors for 2018. They are every year and that’s an easy given, but I said those were also Elways 2 biggest decisions that will play into a ****ty year. Now he has to make them again one year later. Let’s see if he can redeem, cause if he can’t I’m gonna beat the dead horse until he’s gone.
    I agree. But the major issue with finding the right quarterback is where are they going to get him from? It's hard to get the right guy. I'd say that there are only 4-5 elite QBs in the league at any given time, and another 10 who have a positive impact on their team. Everybody else either has a young guy that they are hoping will be good, or they are searching for a QB. Lynch being a bust hurt this team bad. There are a few QBs either drafted after him in 2016 or drafted in 2017 who could have been great options, but the Broncos passed on them because they were trying to develop Lynch. There was some slight hope for Kelly, but that was a long shot at best and it ended just like many of us thought it would end. Cousins at $28 million wouldn't have been the answer, and Keenum at $18 million certainly isn't. What were the other options? (I purposely left Kaepernick off the list to avoid derailing the conversation). I love the Chubb pick at No. 5, but in a QB driven league, they should have either looked to move up in the draft or moved back and taken Rosen (I'm sure a lot of folks would have hated that option lol).

The QB position could be a problem for the Broncos for a number of years. That's what they went through after Elway, and that's what most NFL teams go through when they don't have a guy.

Until they can get a legit QB, I'd say invest in the defense and running game. That's a way to win games when a team doesn't have a legit QB.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X