Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened & What's Next? (2019 and beyond)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
    You point out 1 FG and 1 throw and we're 8-7. The same can be said on the other side of that where we could have easily been 3-12, a record that is more likely than what you think we could be at.
    Why exactly is that more likely?

    We are what we are.

    Comment


    • #17
      Jesus that's a lot of effort for nothing

      ...just like having Vance as a coach

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Action View Post
        TL/DR



        Comment


        • #19
          Mike Klis‏

          In the three years before Peyton Manning, the Broncos were a combined 20-28. If they lose Sunday to Chargers, the Broncos in the three years after Peyton will be 20-28. What a coincidence

          Comment


          • #20
            I'll say it.

            I think this was a good post. I don't agree with it, but Action I think you did a good job explaining your opinion, and backing up why you think this way. You also avoided mentioning how smart you are and how dumb everyone else is. It made the post much more bearable, and I enjoyed reading it.

            I do agree that VJ has been put in a bad spot in many ways. I also believe he is just not a good HC.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
              I'll say it.

              I think this was a good post. I don't agree with it, but Action I think you did a good job explaining your opinion, and backing up why you think this way. You also avoided mentioning how smart you are and how dumb everyone else is. It made the post much more bearable, and I enjoyed reading it.

              I do agree that VJ has been put in a bad spot in many ways. I also believe he is just not a good HC.


              I’ll 2nd that. I also do agree with some of what he’s saying. But ultimately the HC position gets most the blame in football worlds and fanbases. Just the nature of it. Joseph isn’t unique to this. He’s just in it with Kubiak Fox McDaniels Shanahan etc. they all got blasted. When in reality it’s a combination of things that get to where we are. Example, We can say Keenum because of VJ, or VJ sucks because of Keenum. It’s really a bit of both IMO. Ultimately this era needs to move on and the biggest factor to future success is Elway and how he’s going to fix it. Cause if he doesn’t, it’s time to move on from him.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                I'll say it.

                I think this was a good post. I don't agree with it, but Action I think you did a good job explaining your opinion, and backing up why you think this way. You also avoided mentioning how smart you are and how dumb everyone else is. It made the post much more bearable, and I enjoyed reading it.

                I do agree that VJ has been put in a bad spot in many ways. I also believe he is just not a good HC.
                I tend to agree with this. I've always felt that there were many problems that had nothing to do with VJ, and many people blamed him for problems that he was not the cause of. And I feel that if they had hired Kyle Shanahan or Anthony Lynn, they would be in a similar position.

                But, while Joseph was dealt a bad hand, he played it poorly. He could have done better with the bad hand that he was dealt. There were a number of issues that he has to own. Those issues are going to get him fired. And the issues that he unfairly gets blamed for, well, he's the head coach, and the **** flows in his direction, not away from him. The head coach is the fall guy. It's just the nature of the position.

                Firing him is not going to solve the problems, but it needs to be done to move in the right direction. Next move is to get a real QB. Another year of Keenum and we'll be looking to fire the next head coach really quick.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
                  I tend to agree with this. I've always felt that there were many problems that had nothing to do with VJ, and many people blamed him for problems that he was not the cause of. And I feel that if they had hired Kyle Shanahan or Anthony Lynn, they would be in a similar position.

                  But, while Joseph was dealt a bad hand, he played it poorly. He could have done better with the bad hand that he was dealt. There were a number of issues that he has to own. Those issues are going to get him fired. And the issues that he unfairly gets blamed for, well, he's the head coach, and the **** flows in his direction, not away from him. The head coach is the fall guy. It's just the nature of the position.

                  Firing him is not going to solve the problems, but it needs to be done to move in the right direction. Next move is to get a real QB. Another year of Keenum and we'll be looking to fire the next head coach really quick.


                  This can be turned around rather quickly. Look how many teams in the playoffs this year, that were not even in the hunt or came up short last year. Outside Elway, HC and QB are the 2 biggest immediate factors on 2019. Im like a broken record cause this time last year I was saying HC and QB were the 2 biggest factors for 2018. They are every year and that’s an easy given, but I said those were also Elways 2 biggest decisions that will play into a ****ty year. Now he has to make them again one year later. Let’s see if he can redeem, cause if he can’t I’m gonna beat the dead horse until he’s gone.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                    This can be turned around rather quickly. .
                    A legit QB would turn this team into a force. Now how do we get one is the hard part.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                      A legit QB would turn this team into a force. Now how do we get one is the hard part.
                      Exploring trading Von has to be on the table.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by CEH View Post
                        Exploring trading Von has to be on the table.
                        Why though? We're in a good position to pick a rookie QB without giving up a pick.

                        Is there some other QB out there that can be had?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
                          Why though? We're in a good position to pick a rookie QB without giving up a pick.

                          Is there some other QB out there that can be had?
                          I think people have this unrealistic Idea of what a Von Miller trade would return. Yes, he remains one of the best pass rushers in the league. But he is on a significant contract and will be on the wrong side of 30 for the 2019 season.

                          And I can already here posters whining, "But Khaliiil Maaaackkkk!!!!"
                          We need to acknowledge that simple fact that the Mack trade didn't set the market. The Mack situation, while not unique, is definitely rare. It was during training camp, when draft picks are valued less by front offices, of a player who was 3 years younger than Von will be when we attempt to trade him. Basically, I would be shocked if any team was willing to offer us more than a 2nd round pick to take the rest of Von's Contract.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                            This can be turned around rather quickly. Look how many teams in the playoffs this year, that were not even in the hunt or came up short last year. Outside Elway, HC and QB are the 2 biggest immediate factors on 2019. Im like a broken record cause this time last year I was saying HC and QB were the 2 biggest factors for 2018. They are every year and that’s an easy given, but I said those were also Elways 2 biggest decisions that will play into a ****ty year. Now he has to make them again one year later. Let’s see if he can redeem, cause if he can’t I’m gonna beat the dead horse until he’s gone.
                            I agree. But the major issue with finding the right quarterback is where are they going to get him from? It's hard to get the right guy. I'd say that there are only 4-5 elite QBs in the league at any given time, and another 10 who have a positive impact on their team. Everybody else either has a young guy that they are hoping will be good, or they are searching for a QB. Lynch being a bust hurt this team bad. There are a few QBs either drafted after him in 2016 or drafted in 2017 who could have been great options, but the Broncos passed on them because they were trying to develop Lynch. There was some slight hope for Kelly, but that was a long shot at best and it ended just like many of us thought it would end. Cousins at $28 million wouldn't have been the answer, and Keenum at $18 million certainly isn't. What were the other options? (I purposely left Kaepernick off the list to avoid derailing the conversation). I love the Chubb pick at No. 5, but in a QB driven league, they should have either looked to move up in the draft or moved back and taken Rosen (I'm sure a lot of folks would have hated that option lol).

                            The QB position could be a problem for the Broncos for a number of years. That's what they went through after Elway, and that's what most NFL teams go through when they don't have a guy.

                            Until they can get a legit QB, I'd say invest in the defense and running game. That's a way to win games when a team doesn't have a legit QB.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The CFL champ is a better option than Keenum IMHO.
                              So is just throwing a New Rookie out there and getting him a year of play where if he shows up we found a guy, if he stinks we position ourselves in the next draft to be able to go get a pick higher than in the middle. (I have a bad feeling Case has a floor of enough wins to keep us mediocre but a ceiling that also keeps us mediocre).

                              Realistically..... We need a long-term #1 & a long-term #2. So at this point we still can do well drafting a QB that is a back up level talent. Hell that's all we have now anyway at big money starter.

                              We have a ceiling in our QB room and it's too short for the rest of the team.

                              Until its fixed.... draft the best QB on the board. And get another Sloter type too. Every year. Got to raise the over all ceiling in that QB room. (New coaching & FA QBs can help raise that ceiling temporarily, but not long-term)
                              Last edited by Old Coyote; 12-28-2018, 03:11 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by CEH View Post
                                Exploring trading Von has to be on the table.
                                What veteran QB's out there are worth moving Von?

                                None that i can think of. Mack was on a rookie deal, and was a little younger than Von is. Von can still play at an elite level but his contract is huge and i dont think he'd get that kinda haul if he was put on the market.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X