Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened & What's Next? (2019 and beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v2micca
    replied
    Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
    Why though? We're in a good position to pick a rookie QB without giving up a pick.

Is there some other QB out there that can be had?
    I think people have this unrealistic Idea of what a Von Miller trade would return. Yes, he remains one of the best pass rushers in the league. But he is on a significant contract and will be on the wrong side of 30 for the 2019 season.

And I can already here posters whining, "But Khaliiil Maaaackkkk!!!!"
    We need to acknowledge that simple fact that the Mack trade didn't set the market. The Mack situation, while not unique, is definitely rare. It was during training camp, when draft picks are valued less by front offices, of a player who was 3 years younger than Von will be when we attempt to trade him. Basically, I would be shocked if any team was willing to offer us more than a 2nd round pick to take the rest of Von's Contract.

Leave a comment:

• Pogo
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post
    Exploring trading Von has to be on the table.
    Why though? We're in a good position to pick a rookie QB without giving up a pick.

Is there some other QB out there that can be had?

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
    A legit QB would turn this team into a force. Now how do we get one is the hard part.
    Exploring trading Von has to be on the table.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
    This can be turned around rather quickly. .
    A legit QB would turn this team into a force. Now how do we get one is the hard part.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
    I tend to agree with this. I've always felt that there were many problems that had nothing to do with VJ, and many people blamed him for problems that he was not the cause of. And I feel that if they had hired Kyle Shanahan or Anthony Lynn, they would be in a similar position.

But, while Joseph was dealt a bad hand, he played it poorly. He could have done better with the bad hand that he was dealt. There were a number of issues that he has to own. Those issues are going to get him fired. And the issues that he unfairly gets blamed for, well, he's the head coach, and the **** flows in his direction, not away from him. The head coach is the fall guy. It's just the nature of the position.

Firing him is not going to solve the problems, but it needs to be done to move in the right direction. Next move is to get a real QB. Another year of Keenum and we'll be looking to fire the next head coach really quick.

This can be turned around rather quickly. Look how many teams in the playoffs this year, that were not even in the hunt or came up short last year. Outside Elway, HC and QB are the 2 biggest immediate factors on 2019. Im like a broken record cause this time last year I was saying HC and QB were the 2 biggest factors for 2018. They are every year and that’s an easy given, but I said those were also Elways 2 biggest decisions that will play into a ****ty year. Now he has to make them again one year later. Let’s see if he can redeem, cause if he can’t I’m gonna beat the dead horse until he’s gone.

Leave a comment:

• Jason in LA
    replied
    Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
    I'll say it.

I think this was a good post. I don't agree with it, but Action I think you did a good job explaining your opinion, and backing up why you think this way. You also avoided mentioning how smart you are and how dumb everyone else is. It made the post much more bearable, and I enjoyed reading it.

I do agree that VJ has been put in a bad spot in many ways. I also believe he is just not a good HC.
    I tend to agree with this. I've always felt that there were many problems that had nothing to do with VJ, and many people blamed him for problems that he was not the cause of. And I feel that if they had hired Kyle Shanahan or Anthony Lynn, they would be in a similar position.

But, while Joseph was dealt a bad hand, he played it poorly. He could have done better with the bad hand that he was dealt. There were a number of issues that he has to own. Those issues are going to get him fired. And the issues that he unfairly gets blamed for, well, he's the head coach, and the **** flows in his direction, not away from him. The head coach is the fall guy. It's just the nature of the position.

Firing him is not going to solve the problems, but it needs to be done to move in the right direction. Next move is to get a real QB. Another year of Keenum and we'll be looking to fire the next head coach really quick.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
    I'll say it.

I think this was a good post. I don't agree with it, but Action I think you did a good job explaining your opinion, and backing up why you think this way. You also avoided mentioning how smart you are and how dumb everyone else is. It made the post much more bearable, and I enjoyed reading it.

I do agree that VJ has been put in a bad spot in many ways. I also believe he is just not a good HC.

I’ll 2nd that. I also do agree with some of what he’s saying. But ultimately the HC position gets most the blame in football worlds and fanbases. Just the nature of it. Joseph isn’t unique to this. He’s just in it with Kubiak Fox McDaniels Shanahan etc. they all got blasted. When in reality it’s a combination of things that get to where we are. Example, We can say Keenum because of VJ, or VJ sucks because of Keenum. It’s really a bit of both IMO. Ultimately this era needs to move on and the biggest factor to future success is Elway and how he’s going to fix it. Cause if he doesn’t, it’s time to move on from him.

Leave a comment:

• Powderaddict
    replied
    I'll say it.

Leave a comment:

• Ingame
    replied
    Mike Klis‏

In the three years before Peyton Manning, the Broncos were a combined 20-28. If they lose Sunday to Chargers, the Broncos in the three years after Peyton will be 20-28. What a coincidence

Leave a comment:

• Archer81
    replied
    Originally posted by Action View Post
    TL/DR

Leave a comment:

• Darth Revan
    replied
    Jesus that's a lot of effort for nothing

...just like having Vance as a coach

Leave a comment:

• Action
    replied
    Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
    You point out 1 FG and 1 throw and we're 8-7. The same can be said on the other side of that where we could have easily been 3-12, a record that is more likely than what you think we could be at.
    Why exactly is that more likely?

We are what we are.

Leave a comment:

• Action
    replied
    If Broncos win, does Elway get credit or nah?

Leave a comment:

• B-Large
    replied
    I think I would have preferred that to be a gigantic cube of text, like a Borg ship... from an aesthetic perspective...

I didn't read it, I'm too tired, but outside of aesthetics it looks like a pretty good post

Leave a comment:

• broncocalijohn
    replied
    Did Action just draw a new line in the sand? Btw, tl;dr past first few sentences.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X