The paradox of Chiefs fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The paradox of Chiefs fans

Chiefs fans get upset and very defensive about the notion that their record is reflective of playing a cupcake schedule against 2nd and 3rd string backup quarterbacks.

After browsing comments of mullet heavy message boards and NFL.com... Chiefs fans main reason for thinking they will win this weekend is because they will injure Manning and get to face our backup.

SMH

<-- Chief fans line up for food stamps before the game.

Comment

For the record, that's not accurate at all, and I have no idea what message boards you're reading.

Comment

Originally posted by DaFace View Post
        For the record, that's no accurate at all, and I have no idea what message boards you're reading.
        That yes is accurate mullet patrol.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoseBuckingBroncos View Post
          That yes is accurate mullet patrol.
          Ah, so we're going with the "I know you are, but what am I" style of rebuttal. Touche.

Comment

Edit save before spelling patrol pulled you over!

Comment

Chiefs fans get upset and very defensive about the notion that their record is reflective of playing a cupcake schedule against 2nd and 3rd string backup quarterbacks.

After browsing comments of mullet heavy message boards and NFL.com... Chiefs fans main reason for thinking they will win this weekend is because they will injure Manning and get to face our backup.

SMH

I know you would think they would want to face our best to see where there team really stacks up.

Comment

He asked. So supply the source. You did make the assumption. I don't visit their boards.

Comment

Actually, Da Face, there are elements to this being true. Maybe not as much on Chiefs planet (there is an entire thread dedicated to just that), but it's there. Comments on PFT, other message boards, posts here. The Chiefs seem pretty keen on talking about several things:

1. It would be worth it to take the penalty and fine to knock Manning out for the season to win the division. There are even people offering to help pay the fine.

2. The weather is going to be cold.

3. Manning will already be injured.

4. The Chiefs are undefeated **** yeah!

Those are the recurring themes that I see. Strange since three of the four have nothing to do with actually playing better, just hoping for your opponent to suck enough to let you win.

Comment

Like mudskippers coming out of a decade long hibernation, Chief fans are back. From my lurking on the NFL.com boards I've noted they're hungry, but highly sensitive and insecure as all hell.

I can't wait for the Broncos to crush their delusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                      Actually, Da Face, there are elements to this being true. Maybe not as much on Chiefs planet (there is an entire thread dedicated to just that), but it's there. Comments on PFT, other message boards, posts here. The Chiefs seem pretty keen on talking about several things:

1. It would be worth it to take the penalty and fine to knock Manning out for the season to win the division. There are even people offering to help pay the fine.

Those are the recurring themes that I see. Strange since three of the four have nothing to do with actually playing better, just hoping for your opponent to suck enough to let you win.
                      So far kFc's opponents HAVE sucked just enough to let them win, easy for kFc fans to depend on the other team giving the game away rather than winning via a complete team win. That punch out of the ball that Hali picked up for an untouched score was total suckage combined with dumb luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post

Are there people who have mentioned all of those things? Sure. But I wouldn't say the prevailing theme is that those are the "main reasons we'll win" so much as those are contributing factors that COULD go in our favor. There's a big difference there.

I'd say that (if we win), the main reason will be that our defense really is as good as their stats indicate. The other things you mention could contribute to that, but none of those would matter if we're really a bunch of frauds as some believe.

Comment

Originally posted by DaFace View Post
                          Are there people who have mentioned all of those things? Sure. But I wouldn't say the prevailing theme is that those are the "main reasons we'll win" so much as those are contributing factors that COULD go in our favor. There's a big difference there.

I'd say that (if we win), the main reason will be that our defense really is as good as their stats indicate. The other things you mention could contribute to that, but none of those would matter if we're really a bunch of frauds as some believe.
                          Right, but if you win, wouldnt you want it to be against Manning all 4 quarters and not Osweiler?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples Champ View Post
                            Right, but if you win, wouldnt you want it to be against Manning all 4 quarters and not Osweiler?
                            Sure, but that comparison assumes we win, and the likelihood of that happening is far higher with Brock than Peyton. If you had your choice, would you prefer to play against Tom Brady next week or Ryan Mallett?

Comment

Other than 2 games we share the exact same schedule...

Comment

Working...
                              X