No announcement yet.

the official Lousy officiating thread !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the official Lousy officiating thread !

another poster suggested this. I thought it would be best to go with non bronco games, just to take the emotion out of it.
    but...
    we all know that any bad call or missed call is going to find its way in here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...-nfl.html?vp=1
    how the helmet ripper was allowed to stay in this game is incomprehensable.
    I hope he gets suspended a game !

I understand there can be some missed calls out there and even some bad calls. What gets me is the amount of really bad decisions made after some of these plays have been challenged and reviewed and everybody in the world is watching the several video replays from all different angles and you swear the rest of the world is all in agreement. The TV analysts are saying oh wow, this definitely will be overturned and then it's not. Last nights game, Luck was NOWHERE close to that first down line, probably a full yard and a half short, and the spot was just terrible. The play is reviewed and you can clearly see his body position on the field, 4 and 5 guys all around him so you know there's no reach of the ball forward, it's tucked tightly in his gut. Yet they determine they can't overturn the call on the field, even though his body is clearly a yard at least short of that 1st down. I've seen at least 7 absolutely horrific outcomes by officials on challenged calls. I think that is the thing that is the worst. As I said, when it's live and things are happening so fast, I can see some missed calls out there. But when you're watching video clips from all different angles and it's an easy call to make and they get that wrong, that is hard to understand and watch.

Comment

How is ripping a guy's helmet off -- and then headbutting his bare head with your helmet -- not an ejection?

Comment

Originally posted by Blueflame View Post
        How is ripping a guy's helmet off -- and then headbutting his bare head with your helmet -- not an ejection?
        bingo ! this guy is overdue for an ejection, that's why he should get a 1 game suspension !

Comment

Lying about pot smoking = 6 games.

Ripping off helmet and head butting player = Stay cool, dudes.

Comment

They let punches go in the Miami vs Tampa Bay game last week too. Punches used to be automatic and now they seem to have let it slide.

Comment

In the Super Bowl you can put hands on the ref as long as you're playing to for the "right" team they won't even throw a flag.

Comment

punch auto -eject?
                that may just be in the NBA
                a punch vs a bytch slap, lets go to the video.
                punching a guy after he rips off your helmet and then head butts you with his helmet, justified retaliation, no need to see the replay.

Comment

I'm not a conspiracy guy, but there's definitely been a lot that's been ruled Indi's way this year that's been BS.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The NFL is suspending LB Erik Walden one game for his head butt Thursday night of Delanie Walker</p>&mdash; Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/statuses/402503116051857408">November 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
                    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

I thought the crew for last night's game was one of the better ones I've seen in recent memory. Other than maybe Welker getting blasted by Flowers after a play no real WTF moments.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                        I thought the crew for last night's game was one of the better ones I've seen in recent memory. Other than maybe Welker getting blasted by Flowers after a play no real WTF moments.
                        I disagree. I don't have a DVR recording to look at specific plays, but I thought the refereeing was garbage. The first half I felt many of the calls were in the Chiefs' favor (and garbage calls) and several penalties in the second half were in the Broncos' favor (and garbage calls).

Comment

Originally posted by SeedReaver View Post
                          I disagree. I don't have a DVR recording to look at specific plays, but I thought the refereeing was garbage. The first half I felt many of the calls were in the Chiefs' favor (and garbage calls) and several penalties in the second half were in the Broncos' favor (and garbage calls).
                          There were a few drive extending PI calls that were pretty bad. Also that taunting? Just wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The NFL is suspending LB Erik Walden one game for his head butt Thursday night of Delanie Walker</p>&mdash; Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/statuses/402503116051857408">November 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Im sure the Titans feel better now after that clown dominated their offense in the 2nd half of that game

Comment

Jeff triplet and replay took away a td from the falcons with no evidence to do so

Comment

Working...
                              X