No announcement yet.

The rookie QB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounding more and more like Herbert might not declare after this season...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
      Then 2019 is perfect for the Swag experiment.

What happened to the Montez hype?

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
        Then 2019 is perfect for the Swag experiment.

What happened to the Montez hype?
        It's still there. It's just that McIntyre is a moron who won't use him correctly.
        Wildcat without Shenault? Wow that's idiotic. Montez is better than any COL player with his legs or his arm in that situation and they don't use him. Dumb.
        To not have faith in Montez to get 3 yards with either his arm or legs is just plain stupid. There's no excuse for crap like that and it's why they lost yesterday.

Comment

It's not like Denver ever had a shot at him anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
            Probably not, no. But never say never!

Comment

He's been saying he wants to play with his brother who coming in as a freshman TE next year.
              Perfect time for Swag to get his shot. If he don't look like he's legit, I can just see Elway moving up to get Lock. I can just feel it. Don't make any fart bets this time, Req. Elways got QB fever.

Comment

Herbert is on his third head coach and third offensive system since he got there. Helfrich, Taggart and now Cristobal. They are all quite a bit different as far as philosophy goes offensively, but the kid has shown he can digest different offenses and be successful. He is a straight A student who has talked openly about wanting to finish school to earn his degree. On top of that, his brother is a top-tier TE commit to the Ducks and he has the chance to play with him next year if he stays.

He could use another year of seasoning and it would be nice for him to actually have some consistency in coaching to sharpen up his game. Unless he ****s the bed or gets hurt badly next year, he is going to be a top pick, even in a deeper QB class. He could still very well declare, but I honestly doubt it. That's why I wrote a counter to the "Suck for the Duck" article a colleague of mine wrote the other day at MHR. A handful of teams worse than Denver need a QB. With their win against Arizona, unless they sell the farm and one of those teams (like the Giants) wants to move down, it'd be virtually impossible. Denver got jumped by the Jets to get Darnold anyways, so an even larger move for a guy who probably won't even declare seems tenuous at best.

Comment

Herbert is on his third head coach and third offensive system since he got there. Helfrich, Taggart and now Cristobal. They are all quite a bit different as far as philosophy goes offensively, but the kid has shown he can digest different offenses and be successful. He is a straight A student who has talked openly about wanting to finish school to earn his degree. On top of that, his brother is a top-tier TE commit to the Ducks and he has the chance to play with him next year if he stays.

He could use another year of seasoning and it would be nice for him to actually have some consistency in coaching to sharpen up his game. Unless he ****s the bed or gets hurt badly next year, he is going to be a top pick, even in a deeper QB class. He could still very well declare, but I honestly doubt it. That's why I wrote a counter to the "Suck for the Duck" article a colleague of mine wrote the other day at MHR. A handful of teams worse than Denver need a QB. With their win against Arizona, unless they sell the farm and one of those teams (like the Giants) wants to move down, it'd be virtually impossible. Denver got jumped by the Jets to get Darnold anyways, so an even larger move for a guy who probably won't even declare seems tenuous at best.
                  Link? Good points. I'd love to read it.
                  Thanks, Req.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post
                    He's been saying he wants to play with his brother who coming in as a freshman TE next year.
                    Perfect time for Swag to get his shot. If he don't look like he's legit, I can just see Elway moving up to get Lock. I can just feel it. Don't make any fart bets this time, Req. Elways got QB fever.
                    Lock? I certainly hope not. He has performed terribly the past four weeks outside of yesterday's game against Memphis. Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama destroyed him. Now he has Kentucky and Florida up next and I doubt he does that great against them. He has regressed this season. You don't sell the farm for Lock or even trade up for him. Based on his performances against good defenses this year, I'd probably give him a hard pass even if he was on the board when the Broncos picked. Not worth it to me.

As far as what I wrote, it's dated, but here it is. The article I referenced from Joe is linked within it.

Jason La Canfora talked about the Herbert stuff (leaning toward staying) earlier today.

As you knew, I was a huge Royce Freeman fan and I'm quite familiar with Oregon as a program. Never have felt the impression all year long that he would declare, just the exact opposite. The Ducks (after FSU and the Bison) are the other team I root for. Will be fun when NDSU goes to Eugene. It's kind of funny, Oregon was my top choice for college and the first school to accept me, but after finding out how expensive it was and the Twin Cities (U of Minnesota) putting me on a waitlist (a joke considering my test scores and grades), I just said **** it and went to Fargo. Go Bison!
                    Last edited by Requiem; 10-21-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Lock? I certainly hope not. He has performed terribly the past four weeks outside of yesterday's game against Memphis. Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama destroyed him. Now he has Kentucky and Florida up next and I doubt he does that great against them. He has regressed this season. You don't sell the farm for Lock or even trade up for him. Based on his performances against good defenses this year, I'd probably give him a hard pass even if he was on the board when the Broncos picked. Not worth it to me.

As far as what I wrote, it's dated, but here it is. The article I referenced from Joe is linked within it.

Jason La Canfora talked about the Herbert stuff (leaning toward staying) earlier today.

As you knew, I was a huge Royce Freeman fan and I'm quite familiar with Oregon as a program. The Ducks (after FSU and the Bison) are the other team I root for. Will be fun when NDSU goes to Eugene. It's kind of funny, Oregon was my top-choice for college and the first school to admit me, but after finding out how expensive it was an the Twin Cities putting me on a wait list (), I just said **** it and went to Fargo. Go Bison!
                      Yeah, I agree. Locks not worth it, but as you know, he's gonna get hyped cause of the rocket arm and he also has some upside as a 1st round QB. He's got some excuses too in terms of his schools offenses and the changes they have made.
                      I wouldn't like it, but I think Elway is gonna draft a QB high now until he hits on one. Glad you just went to NDSU. Go Bison!
                      Thanks for the links. Appreciate your work, man.

Comment

Rookie QB updated ratings:

QB rating:
                        29 Mayfield
                        31 Darnold
                        32 Rosen
                        33 Allen

QBR:
                        29 Mayfield
                        30 Darnold
                        31 Rosen
                        33 Allen

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Justin Herbert on reports he’s leaning toward staying in school next year: “I haven’t thought three seconds about it. I haven’t even talked to my parents at all; it hasn’t crossed my mind.” <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoDucks?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoDucks </a> <a href="https://t.co/TDvb9vJaq9">pic.twitter.com/TDvb9vJaq9</a></p>&mdash; Rob Moseley (@DuckFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/DuckFootball/status/1054797311564406785?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 23, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When mentioning Justin Herbert’s draft stock and that “he’s expected to return for his senior season”, remember to just let it play out. Exactly a year ago. We were here with Sam Darnold. A lot can change from now until mid-January. <a href="https://t.co/gvCc2YttIJ">https://t.co/gvCc2YttIJ</a></p>&mdash; J Reid (@JReidNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/JReidNFL/status/1055162727109443585?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 24, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Yeah, if he's projected to be the first pick in the draft it would be almost criminally stupid to go back to school.

Comment

**** that. I want him.

Comment

If we're waiting another year, there's always Tua.

Comment

Working...
                                X