The rookie QB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    I think Allen and Mayfield are exceeding expectations. Both are playing excellent. Rosen and Darnold are struggling more than expected. All four are going to be fine. Allen has the highest ceiling, but he's still really raw. Mayfield is looking like the best pure passer. He's going to be a stud. Darnold and Rosen are going to die if they don't get some decent OL in front of them. Mayfield and Allen compensate and create despite horrific OL play. Darnold did in college, not doing it in the NFL so much. Rosen is completely helpless with a bad OL. Whenever that gets fixed, he'll turn into Jared Goff.
    So far Allen is the worst of the bunch as a passer, so this is a weird take MUG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
      Is this a joke? The Bills have the #1 defense in the league right now. Meanwhile Allen is scraping the bottom of the barrel as an NFL passer. Sure he could get better, and he probably will to one degree or another, but this really is the same nonsense that people used to justify a 2nd or 3rd rounder as a top 10 pick. Tim Tebow was a better passer as a rookie than Josh Allen.
      Allen is far better then Tebow. In the last two weeks he has put his team in position to win and had WR/TE drop key passes. He is Cam Newton with stronger arm.

Comment

So far Allen is the worst of the bunch as a passer, so this is a weird take MUG.
        Josh Allen has played pretty well. He has made some bad throws but he makes that offense move. I was never a fan of his but he has some real skills and play making ability.

Comment

Allen is never going to light up the completion % stat chart. He is a guy who makes plays and helps throw you into and out of games.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
            Josh Allen has played pretty well. He has made some bad throws but he makes that offense move. I was never a fan of his but he has some real skills and play making ability.
            He's making the offense move via the Tebow approach, not as a passer. He flashes his rocket arm and throws a few nice passes each game, but then continues to show he can't consistently do what NFL passers need to do. He just can't. Maybe someday he will be able to, but right now he can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
              Allen is never going to light up the completion % stat chart. He is a guy who makes plays and helps throw you into and out of games.
              He's not making plays as a passer though. At least not very often.

Comment

He's raw as ****, at this point you just want him to make plays period.
                Tweak some things this off-season and get him to improve as a passer and surround him with weapons.

Comment

He's raw as ****, at this point you just want him to make plays period.
                  Tweak some things this off-season and get him to improve as a passer and surround him with weapons.
                  I'm endlessly amused at this weird Josh Allen phenomenon. Dude sucks as a passer. He sucked in college and he sucks in the pros. But because he's got crazy arm strength and athleticism he's just "raw". Thank god Elway wasn't drinking the koolaid. Gotta give the old drunk credit for that one.

Comment

I'm endlessly amused at this weird Josh Allen phenomenon. Dude sucks as a passer. He sucked in college and he sucks in the pros. But because he's got crazy arm strength and athleticism he's just "raw". Thank god Elway wasn't drinking the koolaid. Gotta give the old drunk credit for that one.
                    Yeah because Keenum is so much better?

Comment

Yeah because Keenum is so much better?
                      Keenum really isn’t part of the equation. It was Allen’s value at #5.

Comment

He has been lately.

Comment

• These arguments go back to last offseason. Many feel compelled to defend the guy they liked the best back then. Haters are gonna hate. For some, it’s pretty hard to admit they were mistaken in their evaluation. They will seldom, if ever, admit to being wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                            These arguments go back to last offseason. Many feel compelled to defend the guy they liked the best back then. Haters are gonna hate. For some, it’s pretty hard to admit they were mistaken in their evaluation. They will seldom, if ever, admit to being wrong.
                            That's fair... I'll admit I didn't get the love for Mayfield... I was Wrong! To early to tell on Allen and Rosen.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoiseBluTurf View Post
                              That's fair... I'll admit I didn't get the love for Mayfield... I was Wrong! To early to tell on Allen and Rosen.
                              We can hope Mayfield meets your earlier expectations this Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoiseBluTurf View Post
                                Probably too early to tell with all of them. But hard not to be optimistic about Mayfield, about whom I shared your doubts.

Comment

Working...
                                X