No announcement yet.

The rookie QB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys are cracking me up with these Josh Allen tweets. It's clear that the people who only saw what they wanted to see in him as a prospect now only see what they want to see in him as an NFL player. Meanwhile his passer rating is still well below 62.8, his completion percentage is still only a little bit above 50%, and he has nearly twice as many picks as TD passes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
      You guys are cracking me up with these Josh Allen tweets. It's clear that the people who only saw what they wanted to see in him as a prospect now only see what they want to see in him as an NFL player. Meanwhile his passer rating is still well below 62.8, his completion percentage is still only a little bit above 50%, and he has nearly twice as many picks as TD passes.
      Please don't misinterpret the point of my post. So far Allen sucks. It's just an interesting stat.

Comment

You guys are cracking me up with these Josh Allen tweets. It's clear that the people who only saw what they wanted to see in him as a prospect now only see what they want to see in him as an NFL player. Meanwhile his passer rating is still well below 62.8, his completion percentage is still only a little bit above 50%, and he has nearly twice as many picks as TD passes.
        He's playing better then you give him credit for. He's definitely not a polished drop back passer but he's competing and getting better. I want to see what he looks like in years 3-5.

Making a case for Josh Allen as the NFL's best rookie quarterback over Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson

"Right now, Baker's playing the best, but I just feel like Josh Allen, he oozes so much potential. Have you seen what he's doing? First off, he's 3-5 as a starter with the Bills. Do you know how bad ... they are not good. They are so far removed from the team they were last year with the things they've done and changed. He has given that team and city hope. He is so good. And he has so much upside. I would rank the rookie quarterbacks in so far as they've performed this year: Baker, Josh Allen, Lamar [Jackson], Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen."
        "They're not all that far apart from one another. They've all struggled to have a high completion percentage. At times they've all struggled to take care of the football. But they've all demonstrated at times the things we liked about them in college and we're seeing it in the NFL."
        "Allen to me is the one who people say is not very accurate. I watched his game because I've got the call on Lions-Bills coming up this week. And there are a lot of dropped passes. There were a couple I watched literally bounce off right between the numbers," Quinn continued. "People are going to knock this guy for his accuracy? Are they watching film and checking out his completion percentage and his adjusted completion percentage? Who's even grading that? Is it some guy who's ever played football? Or is it some guy who's eating popcorn in his parents basement?
        "Either way, I watched him and I feel like he'll continually get better. And as that team gets better around him and he has some help, like a running game. I think he's the guy right now who you can see why the Bills took him No. 7 overall."

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
          Please don't misinterpret the point of my post. So far Allen sucks. It's just an interesting stat.
          Hardly.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
            Hardly.
            ^This is what I'm referring to.

Comment

He's playing better then you give him credit for. He's definitely not a polished drop back passer but he's competing and getting better. I want to see what he looks like in years 3-5.

Making a case for Josh Allen as the NFL's best rookie quarterback over Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson
              Is this a joke? The Bills have the #1 defense in the league right now. Meanwhile Allen is scraping the bottom of the barrel as an NFL passer. Sure he could get better, and he probably will to one degree or another, but this really is the same nonsense that people used to justify a 2nd or 3rd rounder as a top 10 pick. Tim Tebow was a better passer as a rookie than Josh Allen.

Comment

Is this a joke? The Bills have the #1 defense in the league right now. Meanwhile Allen is scraping the bottom of the barrel as an NFL passer. Sure he could get better, and he probably will to one degree or another, but this really is the same nonsense that people used to justify a 2nd or 3rd rounder as a top 10 pick. Tim Tebow was a better passer as a rookie than Josh Allen.
                Who does he have to work with??

Are you watching any of the games or just box score scouting?

Comment

Who does he have to work with??

Are you watching any of the games or just box score scouting?
                  I've watched mostly extended highlights of his games. He's atrocious as an NFL passer. How anyone could argue otherwise is beyond me.

Comment

I've watched mostly extended highlights of his games. He's atrocious as an NFL passer. How anyone could argue otherwise is beyond me.
                    Never said that. I don't think anyone has.

Comment

Never said that. I don't think anyone has.
                      You just disputed that he sucks so far. Which is it?

Comment

You just disputed that he sucks so far. Which is it?
                        Reading comprehension. Please focus on the words written and responded to. Just because he's not a polished drop back passer doesn't mean he "sucks". There is a lot to like. A lot. You may not like it. That's fine. But a lot of people like what they see so far. He should only get better with more reps.

Comment

Hardly.
                          He's shown some flashes. And he's in a crappy situation. But overall he hasn't been good. He's playing like a raw rookie, understandably.

Comment

• All the rookie starting QBs have made some outstanding plays and had some not-so-great moments. It’s kind of what you would expect from rookie QBs. I sincerely hope we get to see it up close and personal next season with the Broncos. Can this team finally draft a franchise QB? It would be their first.

Comment

• I think Allen and Mayfield are exceeding expectations. Both are playing excellent. Rosen and Darnold are struggling more than expected. All four are going to be fine. Allen has the highest ceiling, but he's still really raw. Mayfield is looking like the best pure passer. He's going to be a stud. Darnold and Rosen are going to die if they don't get some decent OL in front of them. Mayfield and Allen compensate and create despite horrific OL play. Darnold did in college, not doing it in the NFL so much. Rosen is completely helpless with a bad OL. Whenever that gets fixed, he'll turn into Jared Goff.

Comment

Reading comprehension. Please focus on the words written and responded to. Just because he's not a polished drop back passer doesn't mean he "sucks". There is a lot to like. A lot. You may not like it. That's fine. But a lot of people like what they see so far. He should only get better with more reps.
                                They see what they want to see. That was precisely my point. They did the same thing with him as a college player. All because he's physically gifted. It's like people are trying to will him to be good purely because of his arm and athleticism. So when he flashes that's all Allen fans want to talk about, even though it's one out of ten plays at most. I especially have to laugh at the guy saying he thinks Allen has more long term potential than Mayfield.

Comment

Working...
                                X