Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
    More Allen...
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bills</a> QB Josh Allen showed some positive signs of development on the Week 13 film...And you can see both the athleticism + the arm talent on this throw. <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFLMatchup</a> <a href="https://t.co/No5wi17Cgx">pic.twitter.com/No5wi17Cgx</a></p>&mdash; Matt Bowen (@MattBowen41) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattBowen41/status/1070466927989014529?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 5, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Who cares about a Rodgers like lazer against Miami of the NFL
    What he did against Iowa has me worried

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
      In regards to Josh Allen, anyone else think it was weird he never made the All Conference for the Mountain West?

Allen’s numbers have been nothing special (in 2016, he ranked third among the other sophomores in his mid-major conference in passer rating), and that was before he put up a 23-of-40, 174-yard, two-interceptions line in a 24-3 loss at Iowa to start 2017. Those interceptions were both really bad.

In his two games against Power 5 teams, he’s thrown a total of seven picks (five against Nebraska). Iowa’s much more talented than Wyoming, it was a road game, he displayed some Roethlisberger-like unsackability ...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ng-quarterback
      You're doing great in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
        Who cares about a Rodgers like lazer against Miami of the NFL
        What he did against Iowa has me worried
        I loled

Comment

• I liked all the big name quarterbacks in the 2018 draft. We should have grabbed one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
            I liked all the big name quarterbacks in the 2018 draft. We should have grabbed one.
            Agreed, though that would likely mean not having Chubb. I guess it all comes down to how we do this year. If we end up with a quality QB option, than passing last year and grabbing Chubb might prove to have been the best move.

I like all of whom I assume will be the big name QBs in this draft as well. Saw some similarities on tape with Jason Stidham and Josh Allen in terms of ridiculous throws and arm strength. He's my favorite of the bunch as it stands.

If we come out of these two drafts with Chubb and Stidham, we should be good for a long time.

Comment

• Rosen has lost his entire starting OLine
              Bunch of 2nd teamer and he’s playing as well as Keenum right noe
              Still learning . QBs progress the most in the 2nd year when the game slows down

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
                Rosen has lost his entire starting OLine
                Bunch of 2nd teamer and he’s playing as well as Keenum right noe
                Still learning . QBs progress the most in the 2nd year when the game slows down
                No, no he is not. Rosen may get better, but he isn't even close to Keenum yet.

Rosen over the last 4 games:
                51.7 comp%
                149.5 Yards per game
                5TD's
                5INT's
                65.25 Rating

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                  Agreed, though that would likely mean not having Chubb. I guess it all comes down to how we do this year. If we end up with a quality QB option, than passing last year and grabbing Chubb might prove to have been the best move.

I like all of whom I assume will be the big name QBs in this draft as well. Saw some similarities on tape with Jason Stidham and Josh Allen in terms of ridiculous throws and arm strength. He's my favorite of the bunch as it stands.

If we come out of these two drafts with Chubb and Stidham, we should be good for a long time.
                  Lock / Herbert / Haskins / Stidham / Grier all have far more physical talent than Keenum. Would be pretty excited to get any of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post
                    No, no he is not. Rosen may get better, but he isn't even close to Keenum yet.

Rosen over the last 4 games:
                    51.7 comp%
                    149.5 Yards per game
                    5TD's
                    5INT's
                    65.25 Rating
                    Rosen sucks. No way to get around it. Maybe improve. Right now, he sucks. How many injuries has the Broncos had on their OL this year? Larry Fitzgerald, although old is still effective. Plus, Johnson was a very highly rated back going into the season.

The other thing about Rosen that really supersedes everything to me is his durability. He was a tennis prodigy, until a shoulder injury stopped those aspirations. He was not exactly healthy at UCLA.

By the way he talks too, he is going to bankrupt a franchise with salary the very first time he has that chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                      Lock / Herbert / Haskins / Stidham / Grier all have far more physical talent than Keenum. Would be pretty excited to get any of them.
                      Stidham and Lock are fools gold. I don't know enough about the others to comment, but those are two to avoid IMO. A lot of talent but neither were consistent performers. Well, that's not exactly true with Stidham--he was consistently mediocre. I've never gotten it with him. I mean, just look at the numbers. As nondescript as you can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
                        Stidham and Lock are fools gold. I don't know enough about the others to comment, but those are two to avoid IMO. A lot of talent but neither were consistent performers. Well, that's not exactly true with Stidham--he was consistently mediocre. I've never gotten it with him. I mean, just look at the numbers. As nondescript as you can get.
                        I do not see ANY college QBs that would fit into the system that Elway, Kubiak, or Musgrave want to run?

Does anyone?

I know they are CAPABLE of change. Then again, are they?

We can name any QB. It could be Pat Mahomes, but if the coaching staff (organization) are not willing to fit that system to that QBs skill set, I don't think so.

Refernce Paxton Lynch. He was not going to be anything other than a RPO QB. He was not going to fit into a west coast offense. Yet, there was Elway and Kube. Getting guys to hammer square pegs into round holes.

Very few QBs throughout history are NOT "system QBs." Most fit into.....well, what they do best.

Hell, Kubiak tried to turn Manning into a bootleg keeper west coast QB. Joke.

That is an issue right now, and imo would not matter who they drafted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
                          I do not see ANY college QBs that would fit into the system that Elway, Kubiak, or Musgrave want to run?

Does anyone?

I know they are CAPABLE of change. Then again, are they?

We can name any QB. It could be Pat Mahomes, but if the coaching staff (organization) are not willing to fit that system to that QBs skill set, I don't think so.

Refernce Paxton Lynch. He was not going to be anything other than a RPO QB. He was not going to fit into a west coast offense. Yet, there was Elway and Kube. Getting guys to hammer square pegs into round holes.

Very few QBs throughout history are NOT "system QBs." Most fit into.....well, what they do best.

Hell, Kubiak tried to turn Manning into a bootleg keeper west coast QB. Joke.

That is an issue right now, and imo would not matter who they drafted.
                          Yeah I see several. Almost all of then, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
                            You're judging the QBs by stats?

Stidham led an Auburn team with a horrific OL, no RBs, no TEs, and no WRs to throw to. He was the entire offense. They dropped half his passes every game.

Meanwhile, his accuracy is elite. His arm is elite. His ability to throw on the run is elite. His athleticism and elusiveness in the pocket is very good. Not his fault if his team cant block or catch. And that was against NFL talent in the SEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                              Yeah I see several. Almost all of then, really.
                              You see some college out there not running the RPO offense? Which school and which QBs specifically.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                                You're judging the QBs by stats?

Stidham led an Auburn team with a horrific OL, no RBs, no TEs, and no WRs to throw to. He was the entire offense. They dropped half his passes every game.

Meanwhile, his accuracy is elite. His arm is elite. His ability to throw on the run is elite. His athleticism and elusiveness in the pocket is very good. Not his fault if his team cant block or catch. And that was against NFL talent in the SEC.
                                Serious question. How does his arm compare to Jay Cutler.

Comment

Working...
                                X