X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoneFishin'
    replied
    Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
    Former Browns quarterback turned analyst would take Buffalo’s Josh Allen over Baker Mayfield if he were starting a team.

In an appearance this week on a CBS Sports podcast, Quinn said that while Mayfield is good, Buffalo Bills rookie quarterback Josh Allen would be Quinn’s man if he were running an NFL franchise:

Mayfield is completing 64.4 percent of his passes on 376 attempts, with 19 touchdowns, 13 combined turnovers (10 interceptions and three fumbles) and has a quarterback rating of 93.4.

Darnold is completing 55.9 percent of his passes on 313 attempts, with 12 touchdowns, 15 combined turnovers (all interceptions) and has a quarterback rating of 69.5.

Rosen is completing 55.4 percent of his passes on 314 attempts, with 10 touchdowns, 16 combined turnovers (12 interceptions and four fumbles) and has a quarterback rating of 68.3.

Jackson is completing 58.4 percent of his passes on 101 attempts, with four touchdowns, five combined turnovers (three interceptions and two fumbles) and has a quarterback rating of 79.9.

Allen is completing 52.4 percent of his passes on 227 attempts, with five touchdowns, 12 combined turnovers (nine interceptions and three fumbles) and has a quarterback rating of 62.8.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.daw...ential-results
    I'd take any of these guys over Keenum.

Leave a comment:

• Pony Boy
    replied
    Former Browns quarterback turned analyst would take Buffalo’s Josh Allen over Baker Mayfield if he were starting a team.

In an appearance this week on a CBS Sports podcast, Quinn said that while Mayfield is good, Buffalo Bills rookie quarterback Josh Allen would be Quinn’s man if he were running an NFL franchise:

Mayfield is completing 64.4 percent of his passes on 376 attempts, with 19 touchdowns, 13 combined turnovers (10 interceptions and three fumbles) and has a quarterback rating of 93.4.

Darnold is completing 55.9 percent of his passes on 313 attempts, with 12 touchdowns, 15 combined turnovers (all interceptions) and has a quarterback rating of 69.5.

Rosen is completing 55.4 percent of his passes on 314 attempts, with 10 touchdowns, 16 combined turnovers (12 interceptions and four fumbles) and has a quarterback rating of 68.3.

Jackson is completing 58.4 percent of his passes on 101 attempts, with four touchdowns, five combined turnovers (three interceptions and two fumbles) and has a quarterback rating of 79.9.

Allen is completing 52.4 percent of his passes on 227 attempts, with five touchdowns, 12 combined turnovers (nine interceptions and three fumbles) and has a quarterback rating of 62.8.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.daw...ential-results

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyR View Post
    Keenum really isn’t part of the equation. It was Allen’s value at #5.
    While that is true, you have to factor the current QB into the equation due to the results.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Originally posted by BoiseBluTurf View Post
    That's fair... I'll admit I didn't get the love for Mayfield... I was Wrong! To early to tell on Allen and Rosen.
    Probably too early to tell with all of them. But hard not to be optimistic about Mayfield, about whom I shared your doubts.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by BoiseBluTurf View Post
    That's fair... I'll admit I didn't get the love for Mayfield... I was Wrong! To early to tell on Allen and Rosen.
    We can hope Mayfield meets your earlier expectations this Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• BoiseBluTurf
    replied
    Originally posted by qbronco View Post
    These arguments go back to last offseason. Many feel compelled to defend the guy they liked the best back then. Haters are gonna hate. For some, it’s pretty hard to admit they were mistaken in their evaluation. They will seldom, if ever, admit to being wrong.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    These arguments go back to last offseason. Many feel compelled to defend the guy they liked the best back then. Haters are gonna hate. For some, it’s pretty hard to admit they were mistaken in their evaluation. They will seldom, if ever, admit to being wrong.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
    He's not making plays as a passer though. At least not very often.
    He has been lately.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
    Yeah because Keenum is so much better?
    Keenum really isn’t part of the equation. It was Allen’s value at #5.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    I'm endlessly amused at this weird Josh Allen phenomenon. Dude sucks as a passer. He sucked in college and he sucks in the pros. But because he's got crazy arm strength and athleticism he's just "raw". Thank god Elway wasn't drinking the koolaid. Gotta give the old drunk credit for that one.
    Yeah because Keenum is so much better?

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    He's raw as ****, at this point you just want him to make plays period.
    Tweak some things this off-season and get him to improve as a passer and surround him with weapons.
    I'm endlessly amused at this weird Josh Allen phenomenon. Dude sucks as a passer. He sucked in college and he sucks in the pros. But because he's got crazy arm strength and athleticism he's just "raw". Thank god Elway wasn't drinking the koolaid. Gotta give the old drunk credit for that one.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    He's raw as ****, at this point you just want him to make plays period.
    Tweak some things this off-season and get him to improve as a passer and surround him with weapons.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Allen is never going to light up the completion % stat chart. He is a guy who makes plays and helps throw you into and out of games.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
    Josh Allen has played pretty well. He has made some bad throws but he makes that offense move. I was never a fan of his but he has some real skills and play making ability.
    He's making the offense move via the Tebow approach, not as a passer. He flashes his rocket arm and throws a few nice passes each game, but then continues to show he can't consistently do what NFL passers need to do. He just can't. Maybe someday he will be able to, but right now he can't.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    So far Allen is the worst of the bunch as a passer, so this is a weird take MUG.
    Allen is never going to light up the completion % stat chart. He is a guy who makes plays and helps throw you into and out of games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X