Should we sit Peyton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we sit Peyton?

Before I start, this is based on whether or not we win Sunday.

If we lose, we'll be down 2 games to KC and having to go to KC in order to split.

Also we have to go to NE in between these two games as well, and that's definitely not a cake walk.

Providing we lose this Sunday, I think we should rest Peyton for a few weeks and have him fully ready for the playoffs. Obviously this means conceding the division to KC, but I think it doesn't matter.

We can play on the road, and since the past 3 Superbowl champs have played at least two road games before getting there, it's not impossible at all.

The main thing is having Manning 100% for when the real games start.

He really needs to sit and heal for an extended period of time, since the bye didn't really do anything.

Thoughts?

I freaking knew this thread was coming.

Child please.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
      I freaking knew this thread was coming.

Child please.
      Did you read anything other than the title? I don't think I said anything unreasonable.

Comment

Would hobbly-kneed Elway have taken the bench in 1997?

Comment

Sitting Peyton Manning for any amount of time if he can suit up is unreasonable in itself.

50% Peyton Manning > Brockweiler

Comment

If you tried to sit manning when he thinks he could play you would have a pissed off QB on your hands. Why do people make such foolish threads? As long as Manning can go, he goes, until the last game of the season.

Comment

no, this is as much as a must win game as any. If the Broncos beat kc then both teams sit at 9-1. If the Broncos sweep kc this year then that is huge.

Comment

Nothing a shot and tape couldn't fix.

Some people are mistaking soreness with a broken ankle. People forget this guy played with his neck falling off for a while before he had surgery. Dude is tough.

Also, I expect the chargers to sweep the chiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                  Sitting Peyton Manning for any amount of time if he can suit up is unreasonable in itself.

50% Peyton Manning > Brockweiler
                  We need him close to 100% for the playoffs, and since we're practically guaranteed a wild card spot, I don't see how it's an unreasonable decision*

*If we're like 2-3 games behind KC for the division after this upcoming stretch, otherwise the point is moot.

Comment

I agree. Also, I am f'in tired of having to watch our Div. rivals essentially get a free pass each week by having to play teams without their starting QB....sorry, I just can't handle any more of this ****. I have watched every one of their games with Sunday ticket and can't stomach any more slop. That Tuel interception (99 yard pick 6) at the 1 yard line chucking it right to the defender--I damn near broke the remote. The TN game where there was a ticky tack hit on Alex Smith BARELY out of bounds that gave them new life and a win.

That team needs to face a starting QB against a good team like ours and get property spanked and shown for the frauds that they are. Peyton has to not only play but beat the **** out of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                      no, this is as much as a must win game as any. If the Broncos beat kc then both teams sit at 9-1. If the Broncos sweep kc this year then that is huge.
                      No, I was saying after this upcoming Chiefs game if we lose.

I think having Peyton healthy is more important than homefield advantage IMO.

Comment

Sit him week 17 with the division/bye wrapped up. That's three weeks rest between games.

Just because teams have won on the road in the playoffs is no reason to take that approach on purpose...smh

Comment

The broncos have not made playoffs, yet you think we should rest our best player? It doesn't work that way in the nfl.

Comment

Peyton will be sitting on the beach earning 20% by the third quarter in this one.

Jump on them with both feet early, and make Alex Smith play from 3 TD's down all game.

Comment

No

Comment

Working...
                              X