DRC gives Jammer the start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRC gives Jammer the start

Jack Del Rio, the Broncos' interim head coach, did not start Quentin Jammer at cornerback Sunday against the San Diego Chargers. Del Rio, the Broncos' defensive coordinator, did not start Jammer for the first time this season. And yet, on the first play of the game, there Jammer was, as he had been so many times before at Qualcomm Stadium, starting at cornerback. [/I]

"My man right here gave me the start today," Jammer said, nodding to the tall, skinny guy dressing at the next locker over. "It was his call. Dominique gave me the start."

Without notifying Del Rio, or Denver's other 10 defensive starters, Dominique Rodgers- Cromartie, the team's usual No. 1 right cornerback, paid tribute to Jammer by giving away his starting assignment against his former team.
    Read more: Quentin Jammer gets surprise start, unbeknown to Jack Del Rio - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2kLv4KRzg
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
    Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Last edited by TonyR; 11-11-2013, 07:56 AM.

That's a classy thing to do. I sure hope the Broncos do what it takes to hang on to DRC.

Comment

I read that and had mixed feelings about it. While a classy move, and probably one coming from an position of kindness, I'd prefer if our players trusted their coaches to tell them who is starting.

Comment

don't care, did win...

Comment

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...9-ec216a1654b6

Del Rio's reaction at 530 is pretty lol.

Comment

This is not a big deal, now, because we won the game. However, DRC would have had some 'splaining to do in the event that the Chargers scored a TD on their first drive...

Comment

I saw Jammer play yesterday, he did a good job. I'm not sure what kind of long speed he still has, but he did well playing the possession routes.

Comment

rediculus

Comment

In his defense, Jammer played much better than I thought he would.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                    I read that and had mixed feelings about it. While a classy move, and probably one coming from an position of kindness, I'd prefer if our players trusted their coaches to tell them who is starting.
                    This^

Sure, it was a classy move and one that shows the respect and closeness in the locker room.

That said, I don't know how the coaches are going to react once they know of this. Not a move you pull when your HC is down and the interim HC has enough on his plate.

But, echoing others, we won. And winning solves almost any issue.

Go Broncos!

Comment

Great sentiment but it should not have happened.

Comment

What gets me is that Del Rio had no idea it even happened.

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
                          What gets me is that Del Rio had no idea it even happened.
                          Not shocked by this. No way he can check every defensive player as they take the field. Maybe as the DC but not as DC/HC. And, as he stated in interview, if someone gets banged up/needs a breather, it's next man in and keep rolling.

As far as he knew, Jammer could have gone in to spell DRC at any point.

Comment

He's our Rudy now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              Exactly. Who is DRC to go behind the coaches' back and put that ploy? We are trying to win a division game to get to the SuperBowl. While it was one play, they both should have went to the coach before the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X