I wish we would have taken Lamar Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Wait, you think Josh Allen is doing great as a passer but Lamar Jackson isn’t?
    Never said he was great as a passer. My main issue with LJ is sustainability. LJ isn’t an elite passer. Least not yet. If he was, Baltimore wouldn’t be exposing him to the amount of hits he could take running the ball.

Comment

Wait, you think Josh Allen is doing great as a passer but Lamar Jackson isn’t?
      The problem I had with Josh Allen was him wanting to go deep on every play. He’s gotten really good at taking what a defense gives you this season,especially the last 7 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

They weren’t bad. But again he isn’t killing it from the pocket.
        https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/game.../lamar-jackson
        his passing isn’t something to write home about. Here’s his game by game numbers passing. Nothing about them says excellent. Lamar is a dynamic player, but he isn’t there with his passing yet. Maybe one day if he’s able to stay healthy.
        Inside the pocket stats for Jackson compared to outside the pocket:

Inside Pocket stats

Completion % 68.1 (169/248)
        YPA 8.6
        TD/Int 20-5
        Passer Rating 113.3

Outside Pocket Stats

Completion % 63.3 (31/49)
        YPA 5.8
        TD/Int 4-0
        Passer Rating 106.3

Stats from NFL Channel at the 1:42 mark

Last edited by Broncoblood32; 11-29-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Nah, it's all good. I whiffed big time on Jackson. I still feel like taking a QB with a Wonderlic of 13 is going to go bad more often than it goes well, but Jackson seems to be the exception that makes me look like a dumbass.
          Seems to be?

Comment

• You know the top 5 QB for yards are...

Dak Prescott
            Jameis Winston
            Matt Ryan
            Philip Rivers
            Jared Goff

Is that a bit, telling?

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
              You know the top 5 QB for yards are...

Dak Prescott
              Jameis Winston
              Matt Ryan
              Philip Rivers
              Jared Goff

Is that a bit, telling?
              How about 3rd down % , red zone TD % and wins?

Vs yards and what the all important completion %

Comment

Yeah, the thing is is he has shown he can pass from the pocket. I seem to remember the Chiefs winning 23-0 at the half against them and holding on for a 33-28 win. Not sure what LJ did that game, but he is generating points. By feet or by the pass. Didn't really watch the game, but I remember seeing how the Ravens were coming back on scoring updates. (I was golfing)

I watched that Seahawks game and that was really the first time I watched the the Ravens with LJ. The offensive plays they were running were confusing the hell out of them. They weren't that unique. It was just that LJ was gashing them over and over and they did not have an answer for it. I do not think LJ had all that many pass attempts, and playing in Seattle is quite tough. Especially for east coast teams traveling all the way there.

You are probably right when it comes to getting out ahead and putting them into needing pass every down. To take away that element from them would be problematic for LJ imo. However, I have this feeling that even if they were down big, they would not abandon that element of the run threat. Just for the reason you said.

They didn't just fold against you, and they scored 28 points in a half on the road in front of a fierce crowd. That was the first game btw that sort of revealed some dents in the Chiefs armor.
                .....you'll have to trust I'm not telling you and exageratted Chiefs fan biased story here.....If you watch the 4th quarter of that game. Lamar had two complete prayer passes answered. When I say prayer, and again...not exagerating....it's plain to see if you watched the game or replay of it etc.....literally being dragged to the ground, having no idea where he is and looking nowhere because he's being swallowed whole by defenders...and lobbing the football up because it's the 4th quarter and they are down by a ton.....both of those intances, the ball ended up being caught be ravens.....and if you threw those same 2 passes 100 times...they are picked off 95 out of 100....each pass. Again.....i'd describe this exactly the same way if Mahomes had thrown these two passes and Chiefs caught them.

Comment

• If the Ravens and Chiefs happen to meet again in the playoffs it will be a rout....

Comment

You know the top 5 QB for yards are...

Dak Prescott
                    Jameis Winston
                    Matt Ryan
                    Philip Rivers
                    Jared Goff

Is that a bit, telling?
                    Yds/game is actually:
                    Prescott
                    Stafford
                    Mahomes
                    Winston
                    Ryan
                    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...YARDS_GAME_AVG

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post

Yds/game is actually:
                      Prescott
                      Stafford
                      Mahomes
                      Winston
                      Ryan
                      http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...YARDS_GAME_AVG
                      If Winston wasn’t such a pick machine, he’d actually be good. I don’t get why he can’t figure out how to throw to the opposing team less than 1-2 times every game.

Comment

If Winston wasn’t such a pick machine, he’d actually be good. I don’t get why he can’t figure out how to throw to the opposing team less than 1-2 times every game.
                        Winston is going to be like Vinny Testaverde.....he'll finally be good when he is 30, having finally figured out how to keep the INTS down. He'll be a good QB for some team for a few years later on.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

lynch was a horrible choice in ANY round !
                          But our broncos are very far from being alone on selecting a first round QB that failed to meet expectations.
                          19 drafts in this century and I am willing to bet there are at least 15 FRQBs that are NOT starting for the team that drafted them.
                          I bet there are at least 35

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

lynch was a horrible choice in ANY round !
                            But our broncos are very far from being alone on selecting a first round QB that failed to meet expectations.
                            19 drafts in this century and I am willing to bet there are at least 15 FRQBs that are NOT starting for the team that drafted them.
                            However Lynch was the worst 1st round QB pick ever because he was the only first round QB who never started at least 2 NFL games. To trade up for and never get a chance just means his practice habits and/or motivation and/or processing prowess was horrific.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post

However Lynch was the worst 1st round QB pick ever because he was the only first round QB who never started at least 2 NFL games. To trade up for and never get a chance just means his practice habits and/or motivation and/or processing prowess was horrific.
                              Worst 1st round QB pick ever? Not a chance. JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf are the two worst 1st round QB picks and it’s not even close.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X