Kansas City Press Release: Unfortunate Turn Of Events Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City Press Release: Unfortunate Turn Of Events Today

Immediately following the game in San Diego, Kansas City Chiefs General Manager John Dorsey said, "It's really just terrible luck that we have to play a starting NFL Quarterback next week."

Peyton Manning was harassed all game by the San Diego Chargers, and the Officials did what they could to make sure Kansas City's goal to face all backup quarterbacks could be secured by not throwing flags on anything. Refusing to be named, one NFL Official said, "We definitely wanted to keep San Diego in it, so we threw flags whenever Rivers fumbled the snap. We assumed keeping the game close would be the best way to keep Manning under fire."

When reached for comment about having to face a starting NFL quarterback, backup quarterback Alex Smith said, "Well there was that one time I threw two touchdowns in a game, that was pretty insane. I think I even had over 100 yards."

Andy Reid did manage to finish a pile of uncooked pasta in time to comment on the game, stating, " Well, the Denver Broncos did fail to reach their 5 touchdown minimum this week, so there's that."

Originally posted by Doggcow View Post
    Immediately following the game in San Diego, Kansas City Chiefs General Manager John Dorsey said, "It's really just terrible luck that we have to play a starting NFL Quarterback next week."

Peyton Manning was harassed all game by the San Diego Chargers, and the Officials did what they could to make sure Kansas City's goal to face all backup quarterbacks could be secured by not throwing flags on anything. Refusing to be named, one NFL Official said, "We definitely wanted to keep San Diego in it, so we threw flags whenever Rivers fumbled the snap. We assumed this would be the best way to keep Manning under fire."

When reached for comment about having to face a starting NFL quarterback, backup quarterback Alex Smith said, "Well there was that one time I threw two touchdowns in a game, that was pretty insane. I think I even had over 100 yards."

Andy Reid did manage to finish a pile of uncooked pasta in time to comment on the game, stating, " Well, the Denver Broncos did fail to reach their 5 touchdown minimum this week, so there's that."
    Did you watch the last 2 minutes of our game?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
        Did you watch the last 2 minutes of our game?
        Manning is fine. He didn't even leave the field, and the medical staff didn't even examine him. He tweaked his knee and/or ankle, but it won't keep him from playing next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
          Manning is fine. He didn't even leave the field, and the medical staff didn't even examine him. He tweaked his knee and/or ankle, but it won't keep him from playing next week.
          My Dad refuses to go to the hospital when his lungs are full of fluid.

Ill exhale when I hear the trainers say "hes fine"

Comment

Oh my god we don't even know the extent of his injury!!!! Ban ban ban the OP forever and ever, please.

Comment

Originally posted by TD4HOF View Post
              Oh my god we don't even know the extent of his injury!!!! Ban ban ban the OP forever and ever, please.
              The injury already happened. The serious of it will not worsen based on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                The injury already happened. The serious of it will not worsen based on this thread.
                Agreed.

But just an odd thread to begin with considering our QB is limping badly and is having an MRI tomorrow.

Comment

When a guy gets up and walks with almost no limp and then finishes a game I tend to think it's not major. Call me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                    When a guy gets up and walks with almost no limp and then finishes a game I tend to think it's not major. Call me crazy.
                    He was moving pretty gingerly. And day two is usually the worst. Someone needs to remove that horseshoe crammed up the chiefs bunghole.

Comment

I was fooling around. Still a horrendous thread. A gimpy 37 year old against that nasty D next week. Hope Brock is ready.

Comment

He was moving pretty gingerly. And day two is usually the worst. Someone needs to remove that horseshoe crammed up the chiefs bunghole.
                        Oh he'll be sore. No doubt about that. But I seriously doubt he misses next week's game. I also doubt it will hinder his destruction of their massively overrated defense.

Comment

And Peyton didn't say "its nothing." He said its pretty sore.

Don't like it. I hope we never ever have to see it, but I dont see why we couldnt beat the chiefs with Oz. Keenum and Tuel were in striking distance.

But holy hell I hope we dont have to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                            And Peyton didn't say "its nothing." He said its pretty sore.

Don't like it. I hope we never ever have to see it, but I dont see why we couldnt beat the chiefs with Oz. Keenum and Tuel were in striking distance.

But holy hell I hope we dont have to find out.
                            Maybe Manning will play and this moment was the KC curse finally breaking.

Comment

The way he was hopping around when it happened and the depth of his anger, the look in his eyes tells me it definitely wasn't nothing. Hope they're smart enough to know that next week isn't worth sacrificing his legs for.

Comment

Working...
                              X