Illegal snap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal snap?

Really never heard of such a stupid rule. Why don't they call that when QB fumbles after C. He could say I wasn't ready. Has anyone ever seen such a dumb call before?

Looked like point shaving to me. Oh well, we won.

Comment

Yeah that was bull****. Should have been a loss of down.

Comment

I didn't get it, but they showed the replay so quickly I couldn't tell if he double clutched it or something. Lucky for SD if he did.

Comment

Bull**** call. It's a rule for when teams are trying to quick snap when running a hurry up. Shoulda just been a fumble

Comment

I couldn't help but get the impression that call was made to keep the game competitive. I have been becoming more and more suspicious of a possible league-wide reffing mandate to call games in such a way to make them more competitive to get maximum ratings. Some may call me paranoid, but week after week I see it, and not just with the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
              I couldn't help but get the impression that call was made to keep the game competitive. I have been becoming more and more suspicious of a possible league-wide reffing mandate to call games in such a way to make them more competitive to get maximum ratings. Some may call me paranoid, but week after week I see it, and not just with the Broncos.
              Sincerely doubt it. The NFL gets huge ratings anyway. There'd be no reason to risk it.

Comment

I didn't even understand the call. If Phyllis missed the snap, how does that call not cause them to lose yardage or something? the announcers (no shock here) did not understand the call and basically said it helped San Diego. It was lame.

Comment

Originally posted by g00fyfoot View Post
                  I didn't get it, but they showed the replay so quickly I couldn't tell if he double clutched it or something. Lucky for SD if he did.
                  It was quick, but I do believe the call was right.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                    It was quick, but I do believe the call was right.
                    I dont think they were calling a double move. thats a false start. I think its a rule used for when teams are trying to hurry up and save time, which didnt apply here. It should have been a fumble.

Comment

I've never heard this call made. They completely saved SD right there.

Comment

Count me among the conspiracy theorists that feel the officiating is often skewed to keep games competitive - especially when they are national TV. It was a bull crap call.
                        Last edited by Kaylore; 11-10-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Same thing happened to Bubby in the '89 playoffs when he was on PIT.

Not sure why it wasn't a fumble today.

Comment

Anyone catch the play that Wolfe was clearly held on a 3rd down and long, it was at the top of the screen and the LT totally impededed his progress to the QB and even turned him and it wasn't called.

I was watching it with a friend and I backed it up and showed him and he laughed and said you got jobbed on that one.

So many things they did not call then the calls they made like one of DRC's penalties were ticky tack.

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen that called before in a game

And since when is a penalty actually a good thing for an offense?
                              Kinda defeats the purpose if calling it helps them out

Comment

Working...
                              X