Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garland and Painter being tutored by Alex Gibbs

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...litary-service

A fairly good fluff piece about Ben Garland's long quest to make an NFL roster. Buried in the second half of the piece is a veeeeeery interesting tidbit:

Garland is getting daily on-field tutorials, with Broncos rookie tackle Vinston Painter, from long-time offensive line coach Alex Gibbs. Gibbs works with the two after most practices.

This is a great idea, IMO -- both players have the potential to be quality NFL players, but are lacking in NFL experience. Kudos to Elway, who obviously reached out to Gibbs to get involved with the team again.

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...litary-service

A fairly good fluff piece about Ben Garland's long quest to make an NFL roster. Buried in the second half of the piece is a veeeeeery interesting tidbit:

Garland is getting daily on-field tutorials, with Broncos rookie tackle Vinston Painter, from long-time offensive line coach Alex Gibbs. Gibbs works with the two after most practices.

This is a great idea, IMO -- both players have the potential to be quality NFL players, but are lacking in NFL experience. Kudos to Elway, who obviously reached out to Gibbs to get involved with the team again.
    Yeah reached out to him again as in this last summer to join the staff for Training Camp.

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
      Yeah reached out to him again as in this last summer to join the staff for Training Camp.
      I knew that he stopped by for a few cups of coffee during the summer and training camp, but wasn't aware that he was involved with the club (and our O-linemen) on an ongoing basis. Wonder how much of a factor he has been in the excellent play of our back-ups, especially Clark and Ramirez?

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2322861...ers-consultant

Comment

welcome to the inner workings of my mind, so dark and foul i can't disguise!

Comment

Wonder how much of a factor he has been in the excellent play of our back-ups, especially Clark and Ramirez?
          Quite a bit IMO. I don't believe he's ever gone anywhere and didn't make a huge difference in the quality of the line play.

We've got Magazu/Gibbs schooling the OL.
          Fox/JDR taking care of the DL and LB.

Need to get Bradkowski to work w/ Os and Dysert, although I've heard that he's pretty selective.(If he's still kicking)
          Last edited by driver; 11-10-2013, 12:34 AM.

Comment

I thought that said torturing...

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker View Post
              That's exactly what I read too. Thanks Dolphins!

Comment

I forgot that Garland was still on the team.

Comment

Alex Gibbs might be one of my favorite 10 people in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker View Post
                    that's what I read too. Maybe it's knowing Gibbs MO?

Comment

Alex gibbs is a rock star!

I'm still pissed that we let Bobby Turner get away.

That's like Mick Jagger and Jimmy Hendrix right there!!!

Comment

Bobby Turner was a big loss.

Comment

Originally posted by IA-Broncosfan53 View Post
                          Alex Gibbs might be one of my favorite 10 people in the country.
                          I like him better than my wife, my sister, and one of my children!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
                            Bobby Turner was a big loss.
                            What? He's gone? I wonder if Elway has thought about having him tutor CJ Anderson after practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
                              Alex gibbs is a rock star!

I'm still pissed that we let Bobby Turner get away.

That's like Mick Jagger and Jimmy Hendrix right there!!!
                              We didn't let him get away. He took one meeting with McD and called Shanny begging for a job.

Comment

Working...
                              X