Kevin Hogan: 'This team practices harder than any team I've been around'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

I have readily admitted that I wouldn't have shown up here to "troll" or brag unless I was sure Mahomes was about to be a generational talent. I showed up a few months before he blew up....confident that he would....and I have said, I wouldn't otherwise have come here....not with Alex Smith at QB, or Cassel, or Bono...etc....I have gone out of my way to acknowledge that the Broncos have LONG been the superior franchise, and that KC hasn't done squat since 1970 that matters. I totally came here becasue I the Cheifs finally have a QB that makes it possible for me to talk **** and this coincides with the demise of the Broncos. YES. for the 100th time...I wouldn't show up here to get my ass handed to me if this was 2008 etc. I have no problem admitting exactly why I am here and that from 1977 really....to 2015, you've had a great run...been a model franchise...been when of the great pilars of the NFL. That's what I have always wanted my team to be and they are about to finally be there again. I'm going to enjoy it.....and part of my enjoyment is watching denial, suffering, anguish, etc going on with your franchise. I appreciate you fine people allowing me the platform to be here....and I will try and remember that I could be banned/booted etc at anytime.
    No one gives a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

No one gives a ****.

Another Chiefs fan here would have long winded posts and bump old threads.

BossChief. I’m convinced they are one and the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Another Chiefs fan here would have long winded posts and bump old threads.

BossChief. I’m convinced they are one and the same.

AKA: Loss Chief

Comment

Even if Denver sucks at least Vic calls it like it is instead of BS circle jerk answers like VJ.

Comment

I have readily admitted that I wouldn't have shown up here to "troll" or brag unless I was sure Mahomes was about to be a generational talent. I showed up a few months before he blew up....confident that he would....and I have said, I wouldn't otherwise have come here....not with Alex Smith at QB, or Cassel, or Bono...etc....I have gone out of my way to acknowledge that the Broncos have LONG been the superior franchise, and that KC hasn't done squat since 1970 that matters. I totally came here becasue I the Cheifs finally have a QB that makes it possible for me to talk **** and this coincides with the demise of the Broncos. YES. for the 100th time...I wouldn't show up here to get my ass handed to me if this was 2008 etc. I have no problem admitting exactly why I am here and that from 1977 really....to 2015, you've had a great run...been a model franchise...been when of the great pilars of the NFL. That's what I have always wanted my team to be and they are about to finally be there again. I'm going to enjoy it.....and part of my enjoyment is watching denial, suffering, anguish, etc going on with your franchise. I appreciate you fine people allowing me the platform to be here....and I will try and remember that I could be banned/booted etc at anytime.
            You know, everyone in Washington thought the same thing about RG3. Let's see if Mahomes has a couple more good seasons before he is christened the GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoandrew View Post

You know, everyone in Washington thought the same thing about RG3. Let's see if Mahomes has a couple more good seasons before he is christened the GOAT.
              Good comparison. I don’t wish injuries on any player, but with his playing style, Mahomes is at a higher risk for injury.

Comment

I've seen some of you fine people posting about how the players are NOW calling VJ an idiot and how they didn't take things serioius last year...Kevin Hogan thought they were practicing hard and taking things seriously last year.........I am pretty sure players are generally going to say the current coach is doing a good job and the team is working hard...better than ever etc etc.....
                You are an idiot based on this bump alone. Want to know why? Here is why:

1. Vance Joseph always bragged about the team having great practices.
                2. Many players attested to strong practices, including career backup Kevin Hogan.
                3. Many rumors came out well before Vance Joseph's firing that issues weren't his practices, but rather his management and game planning. He didn't know who to put in charge of what for implementation or responsibility. He couldn't talk directly to his OC because he was scared of him... **** like this flew around the sports media and Dove Valley the last two years. The big coaching turn over a year ago was to try and help VJ feel like he was the boss, but he was scared. He could make guys do blocking drills all day, but he couldn't implement that into a game.
                4. What is a career backup going to say about a team that is practicing hard, taking things seriously, but lacking solid management and organization from the HC going to say? Pro athletes, like all career people, typically take their jobs seriously. That doesn't mean they're good at their job or that they have the right structure or organization for their work, but they still take it seriously, most of the time.

5. Why do you even have this kind of time to dig for this nonsense? Should we go look for some Herm Edwards positivity by a backup QB for the Chiefs from 2007 and tell you how dumb you are? Moron.

Who even backed up Damon Huard?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoandrew View Post

Remember how jaw droppingly good we all thought Andrew Luck was going to be? I mean, he is good, but what has that gotten him or the Colts?

Comment

1) so you acknowledge that you will only post when things are looking up (at least in your opinion)
                    2) you're team is about to be a great pillar of the NFL while boasting a child/woman beater and having just released a player who attacked a woman on camera
                    3) you think we are in denial? this is a rebuild and we are all well aware of it
                    4) please keep posting as your team goes 9-7 this year

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post

Good comparison. I don’t wish injuries on any player, but with his playing style, Mahomes is at a higher risk for injury.
                      It wasn't so much the play style I was comparing, but the one good season. The idea being that perhaps 2018 was just Mahomes year, much like 2016 was Matt Ryan's year.

Once a QB strings together multiple good seasons we can call him generational talent, not one or even two good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post

Mahomes isn’t a running QB. That narrative gets thrown around a lot because some of his greatest plays come when he’s under pressure and running but the stats and the eye test show he is a pocket passer who does a good job of avoiding hits.

Comment

Mahomes isn’t a running QB. That narrative gets thrown around a lot because some of his greatest plays come when he’s under pressure and running but the stats and the eye test show he is a pocket passer who does a good job of avoiding hits.
                          He did avoid hits last year for the most part, but who’s to say that will continue. I maintain from his playing style that he’s going to be hit and potentially injured. He narrowly escaped a few hits last year that could have been serious. I don’t know if he will have the same good fortune this season.

Comment

I have readily admitted that I wouldn't have shown up here to "troll" or brag unless I was sure Mahomes was about to be a generational talent. I showed up a few months before he blew up....confident that he would....and I have said, I wouldn't otherwise have come here
                            The only reason you are here is because Mahomes did well. If he had been a bust or slow out of the gate, you'd have disappeared just as quickly. Just like all the other Chief fans who show up at the start of the year full of braggadocio, and by the end of another failed year, whimper away without a word. You are not here because of some grand promise - you are only here to rub it in, and that's it.

You can be an opposing fan though, and not be an ass about it, bumping a bunch of old threads with subjects even we as Bronco fans don't care about.

Comment

He's not a running quarterback (he rushed for only 272 yards), but he's not a pocket passer either. He's a mobile quarterback, or a scrambler. From what I've seen (I didn't watch all of his games), he's at his best when he gets out of the pocket and extending plays. In the games against the Broncos, he didn't take off and run down field much at all. He just ran around avoiding pass rushers until he found an open receiver. In that first matchup, for most of the game he stayed on script and was getting the ball out on time, and the Broncos were easily stopping him. But those last two drives in the 4th quarter, he just started running around and making big plays. He totally went off script and there was no stopping him. It was insane to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post

You are an idiot based on this bump alone. Want to know why? Here is why:

1. Vance Joseph always bragged about the team having great practices.
                                2. Many players attested to strong practices, including career backup Kevin Hogan.
                                3. Many rumors came out well before Vance Joseph's firing that issues weren't his practices, but rather his management and game planning. He didn't know who to put in charge of what for implementation or responsibility. He couldn't talk directly to his OC because he was scared of him... **** like this flew around the sports media and Dove Valley the last two years. The big coaching turn over a year ago was to try and help VJ feel like he was the boss, but he was scared. He could make guys do blocking drills all day, but he couldn't implement that into a game.
                                4. What is a career backup going to say about a team that is practicing hard, taking things seriously, but lacking solid management and organization from the HC going to say? Pro athletes, like all career people, typically take their jobs seriously. That doesn't mean they're good at their job or that they have the right structure or organization for their work, but they still take it seriously, most of the time.

5. Why do you even have this kind of time to dig for this nonsense? Should we go look for some Herm Edwards positivity by a backup QB for the Chiefs from 2007 and tell you how dumb you are? Moron.

Who even backed up Damon Huard?
                                Seems like the Chief fan didn't know the running joke about practice around here. Just looking at the first page of this thread should have tipped him off.

Comment

Working...
                                X