Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A wonderful problem to have (a glimpse into the possible future)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get it. Our head coach who helped turn Josh's sloppy seconds into a playoff contender is just gone through heart valve surgery and this is a wonderful problem to have?

I hope he pulls through and stays as HC in Denver for a while going by his record here and the coaching staff he's put together (two of which have gone on the become head coaches), but mostly I'll always be grateful to Fox for helping get rid of the absolute stench of a$$hole that Josh Mcdaniels left behind in his wake.

TYJE
    TYJF
    and
    FUAJM

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
      Bahahahahahahah. Excellent work.

Comment

But you're judging things as they are right now. I just said, what if this played out that say Fox didn't make it back this year. That could happen, let's not pretend it's out of the question. The Broncos are a great team and have a very lagit shot at winning it all. If JDR is the coach during this entire process all the way through to winning the Superbowl, you're still going to say he's only just a good coordinator? So don't look at how things are now, think of this scenario happening and then how do you look at JDR?
        I look at JDR as a damn good fill-in who maintained the status quo of what Fox has set in motion. I'm not saying JDR would be a bad choice, just saying, this is a John Fox team.

Look at Indy last season. Pagano was out for 12 games and Arians did a hell of a job, but at the end of the day, it was Pagano's team. Same as in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
          I look at JDR as a damn good fill-in who maintained the status quo of what Fox has set in motion. I'm not saying JDR would be a bad choice, just saying, this is a John Fox team.

Look at Indy last season. Pagano was out for 12 games and Arians did a hell of a job, but at the end of the day, it was Pagano's team. Same as in Denver.
          Arians didn't win the superbowl either. Big difference. If he had, who knows, maybe the decision is the same result but I bet it would be a much tougher decision to make.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
            Bad thread Zona, sorry.
            That's the same thing I thought. Wonderful for the Broncos, not for the dude with the heart problem.

I guess there's a silver lining in everything.

Comment

But you're judging things as they are right now. I just said, what if this played out that say Fox didn't make it back this year. That could happen, let's not pretend it's out of the question. The Broncos are a great team and have a very lagit shot at winning it all. If JDR is the coach during this entire process all the way through to winning the Superbowl, you're still going to say he's only just a good coordinator? So don't look at how things are now, think of this scenario happening and then how do you look at JDR?
              I like to think about the Chargers. Life is too busy and complicated to be looking too soon about complicated what ifs that may never come to reality. This new valve that Fox has may correct a lot of issues he may have been having unknown to us all. He may have more energy than ever to do what he loves doing ... coach football.

Comment

If Fox is not the head coach of this team next year, regardless of what JDR does with the team, it will be because Fox made that decision.

Comment

Can we just get in the ****ing playoffs before we start counting our super bowls?

Comment

I'm on the minority here, but I'm not too impressed with JDR. Manning makes the opposing team play into the defense's hand by being up by so much.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
                      I'm on the minority here, but I'm not too impressed with JDR. Manning makes the opposing team play into the defense's hand by being up by so much.
                      The defense was built to play with a lead. Once the Broncos get up by more than one score, if it seems the defense gets better, that's no accident.

Cry Manning and let slip the dogs of war!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                        The defense was built to play with a lead. Once the Broncos get up by more than one score, if it seems the defense gets better, that's no accident.

Cry Manning and let slip the dogs of war!!!
                        To be fair, I don't think ANY team builds their defense to just play with the lead. IMO if the defense plays better with the lead, it's bc the offense becomes more predictable when they are down multiple scores. I think our emphis on finally getting some DT, has gone longer than JDR's schemes. If JDR is responsible for getting the DT's here, than all the credit to him.

Comment

It simply amazes me the lack of understanding logic here sometimes. Many of you seem to think what I suggest is out of this world, so far fetched it's hard to imagine. As if odds of what I speak of were 1 in a million or something. Well if you just take 5 seconds and think about it, there are only 4 scenarios that can play out and all I'm doing is suggesting what would we do if 1 of those played out. Yeah, it has a 25% chance of happening as of right now. And if Fox doesn't come back, it has a 50% chance of happening. Is it so impossible for some of you to imagine or offer your opinion on this. Damn. Maybe if I just asked the same thing but worded it differently. Here you go, which of these 4 scenarios do you think will happen, knowing that 1 of them WILL happen for sure. Is that better?

* Fox comes back and we win the Superbowl
                          * Fox comes back and we don't win the Superbowl
                          * Fox doesn't come back and we win the Superbowl
                          * Fox doesn't come back and we don't win the Superbowl

Comment

Working...
                          X