Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A wonderful problem to have (a glimpse into the possible future)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    No need to apologize. You're allowed your opinion. I think a thread bump come February will be 100% expected if this goes down as I see it and then we'll see just how silly it is.

It's because I like you that i chose the word bad instead of the word tasteless considering the circumstances
    Last edited by baja; 11-06-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

My dream scenario. We keep both Fox and JDR next season.

Comment

It simply amazes me the lack of understanding logic here sometimes. Many of you seem to think what I suggest is out of this world, so far fetched it's hard to imagine. As if odds of what I speak of were 1 in a million or something. Well if you just take 5 seconds and think about it, there are only 4 scenarios that can play out and all I'm doing is suggesting what would we do if 1 of those played out. Yeah, it has a 25% chance of happening as of right now. And if Fox doesn't come back, it has a 50% chance of happening. Is it so impossible for some of you to imagine or offer your opinion on this. Damn. Maybe if I just asked the same thing but worded it differently. Here you go, which of these 4 scenarios do you think will happen, knowing that 1 of them WILL happen for sure. Is that better?

* Fox comes back and we win the Superbowl
        * Fox comes back and we don't win the Superbowl
        * Fox doesn't come back and we win the Superbowl
        * Fox doesn't come back and we don't win the Superbowl

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
          64 post rule ......
          Is it really that out of the question? I could easily see Fox retiring after this year. I'm sure his wife/family has been encouraging him to quit, and he's old anyway. I could see him staying until the end of the manning era, but I could also see him leaving at the end of this year if they win the superbowl.

In that scenario, I think JDR would make the most sense as a hire to maintain defensive continuity while manning+gase keep the offense running as usual.

Comment

It simply amazes me the lack of understanding logic here sometimes. Many of you seem to think what I suggest is out of this world, so far fetched it's hard to imagine. As if odds of what I speak of were 1 in a million or something. Well if you just take 5 seconds and think about it, there are only 4 scenarios that can play out and all I'm doing is suggesting what would we do if 1 of those played out. Yeah, it has a 25% chance of happening as of right now. And if Fox doesn't come back, it has a 50% chance of happening. Is it so impossible for some of you to imagine or offer your opinion on this. Damn. Maybe if I just asked the same thing but worded it differently. Here you go, which of these 4 scenarios do you think will happen, knowing that 1 of them WILL happen for sure. Is that better?

* Fox comes back and we win the Superbowl
            * Fox comes back and we don't win the Superbowl
            * Fox doesn't come back and we win the Superbowl
            * Fox doesn't come back and we don't win the Superbowl
            The one where we win the Superbowl.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post

So you can't offer what choice of the 4 you think will happen? Much too difficult I know.

This is you:

Hmm, let me see. 4 choices.....let me see, I choose 1, no wait, #2. Damn, no that's not right. Nah, much too difficult to understand the concept. I'll just post funny video instead. I feel much better about myself now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
                  Is it really that out of the question? I could easily see Fox retiring after this year. I'm sure his wife/family has been encouraging him to quit, and he's old anyway. I could see him staying until the end of the manning era, but I could also see him leaving at the end of this year if they win the superbowl.

In that scenario, I think JDR would make the most sense as a hire to maintain defensive continuity while manning+gase keep the offense running as usual.
                  Fox has put together a great coaching staff and did a great job of delegating authority among the assistant coaches. I don’t think he will retire and give up the opportunity to become one of the best all-time coaches in Denver’s history. He could coach this team from a wheelchair if necessary. The money isn’t too bad either.

JDR would be a great replacement if Fox has any complications from the heart surgery but if Fox returns JDR will be a head coach somewhere else in the league.

Comment

So you can't offer what choice of the 4 you think will happen? Much too difficult I know.

This is you:

Hmm, let me see. 4 choices.....let me see, I choose 1, no wait, #2. Damn, no that's not right. Nah, much too difficult to understand the concept. I'll just post funny video instead. I feel much better about myself now.
                    1. gifs not videos
                    2. Interim

Not too difficult to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                      1. gifs not videos
                      2. Interim

Not too difficult to understand.
                      So I'm going to assume that means if you think Fox didn't come back, and we won the Superbowl with JDR as interim, you would still bring back Fox the following year and say goodbye to JDR.

See that's fine - you have an opinion on the matter. That's all the thread asked for. Not so far fetched is it?

Comment

So I'm going to assume that means if you think Fox didn't come back, and we won the Superbowl with JDR as interim, you would still bring back Fox the following year and say goodbye to JDR.

See that's fine - you have an opinion on the matter. That's all the thread asked for. Not so far fetched is it?
                        I gave the thread the respect it was due.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
                          this is a very stupid poll. yeah, let's look at switching out our HC who is 20-5 the last 2 years and has won back to back Division titles, just because he had a heart issue that he knew about but planned to have taken care of in the offseason. I like JDR, but as a coordinator. I see him as a better Wade Phillips. He is a really awesome coordinator, and a solid coach. While Fox at times has shown the occasional head scratcher moments, he is a great coach that players love to play for.

Comment

Comment

Oh I get it you are assuming if we don't make JDR our HC some other team will make him their head coach so whomever we chose we automatically lose the other? Right.

Comment

I think I'll worry about this in March.

Comment

Working...
                                X