Elway: Kelly is #2 for Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway: Kelly is #2 for Seattle

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">John Elway said Chad Kelly is QB2 <a href="https://t.co/HIRppJlmkk">pic.twitter.com/HIRppJlmkk</a></p>&mdash; Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1035339922486390784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More from John Elway on Chad Kelly: <a href="https://t.co/jWKRMn92NT">pic.twitter.com/jWKRMn92NT</a></p>&mdash; Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1035340527820931072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He said for now but promising.

Comment

I'll be surprised if Kelly isn't the starter next year, I really thought he would flame out, but so far I've been pleasantly wrong.

Comment

So...what progress have we seen with Lynch exactly?

I've seen regression.

Comment

Damn, I thought there was a guy named Elway Kelly that was the #2 QB for the Seahawks.

Comment

We can only hope.

This was before Lynch’s 9/9 night.

Comment

Honestly kinda pissed that Lynch has done so good and Kelly was meh. I really wanted things to be cemented.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                We can only hope.

This was before Lynch’s 9/9 night.
                I knew people would overreact to this. Basically every pass he threw (with the exception of 3) were short. 3rd and long... always short. The passes he threw tonight were as impressive as whoever that third stringer for Arizona was.

Again, there was no display of his "gifted skills" or anything all that special.

Get rid of him. Even if Kelly was shaky, he threw better balls than Lynch tonight.

Comment

Kelly still has a better overall preseason

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                    Honestly kinda pissed that Lynch has done so good and Kelly was meh. I really wanted things to be cemented.
                    Offensive line made a LOT of errors when Kelly was in. Too many penalties and virtually no protection. He was under immediate pressure on most plays.

They weren't running the one read quick outs that PL got. Tailored the plan to keep Lynches weaknesses from showing much. He still held the ball too long, took off running too much. He actually did execute the plan for him fairly well and he actually threw two downfield passes well ( the Td's).
                    But smoke and mirrors only work till film takes hold. The run game made his throws work since AZ scrubs couldn't stop our run game and most everything was quick throws on the easy reads.

Hopefully Elway/VJ don't decide to keep him on the roster. He will still bust out of the league next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                      I knew people would overreact to this. Basically every pass he threw (with the exception of 3) were short. 3rd and long... always short. The passes he threw tonight were as impressive as whoever that third stringer for Arizona was.

Again, there was no display of his "gifted skills" or anything all that special.

Get rid of him. Even if Kelly was shaky, he threw better balls than Lynch tonight.
                      I don’t know if you meant I overreacted or in general. He still stunk in preseason.

Shouldn’t be on the team.

2 QBs on this team. Make it happen.

Comment

Kelly actually had a good game as far as what was under his control. A lot of his issues were a result of bad field position, receivers off schedule, and other issues. He had some high throws, but he did pretty well.

Lynch basically threw laterally most of the night. He did have some great third down throws and scores, and that's ok.

Lelolang is right; You guys are overreacting. there were probably only a few players whose play tonight affected what the coaching staff already thought, and likely they were leaning that direction anyway.

Comment

Water is wet. I don't see Lynch being dumped. I see him rotting away, collecting a paycheck, over at the gatorade table next to Bobby Bouche.

Comment

Kelly was impressive to me once again. He plays with confidence and I see him learning from his mistakes. I dont even put the INT on his shoulders, my man should have gotten his head around.

Paxton is great completing passes within a five yard stretch in front of and behind the line of scrimmage. meh

To me, we trade him if can. If cant.....goodbye.

Comment

Kelly had the better game.

Lynch was still throwing with his usual terrible mechanics, off the back foot/not stepping into his throws and around half of his throws were remedial high school offense passes behind the line of scrimmage.

Kelly's mechanics were solid, same consistent throwing motion, stepping into his throwing and scanning the field to his second reads. Kelly is so much better and it's not even close. Where he wasn't pressured immediately he was early into his dropback and played with so much calm and made time for himself in the pocket. Not to mention, outside of two overthrows all of his passes were pretty much on the money.

How many times did Lynch even try to throw the ball against tight coverage? I counted one throw for the TD which was a good throw but with sh*tty footwork. Kelly was routinely throwing against very tight coverage and making it look easy because his ball placement was excellent.

Lynch was basically running a simpler version of his college offense with one read throws behind the line of scrimmage and even with that his mechanics looked as sloppy as always.

There's no point even keeping this guy on the roster now since he can't even run a basic NFL offense.
                              Last edited by fontaine; 08-31-2018, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X