Elvis Doommervil retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
    What is so lazy about it? Their careers were very similar. Denver changed their scouting after they found out he had a ****ty personality. Shanny never talked to the guy. I would like you to tell me why Jay George is a not a good description? It is spot on.
    It’s lazy because you are just comparing arm strength and personality. The latter is why it’s not a good comparison. George was total and absolute headcase and played for just about every team in the league. George had a much stronger arm but he was a total cancer.

I’d compare Jay Cutler to Tony Romo.

Comment

Dumervil retires #26 on NFL all-time sack leaders list.

Comment

Originally posted by 24champ View Post
        It’s lazy because you are just comparing arm strength and personality. The latter is why it’s not a good comparison. George was total and absolute headcase and played for just about every team in the league. George had a much stronger arm but he was a total cancer.

I’d compare Jay Cutler to Tony Romo.
        Not just arm and personality but everything else. They were even born in the same state. lol They both were hyped due to arm strength even though neither one had any success at pro or college level. Both had bad personalities and disliked by teammates. Both didn't take to coaching. Losing records as starters in the NFL. Both from Indiana. Both compared to by former coaches and players such as Billick, Hebert, Gannon, Esiason, and even Tom Jackson. Both played on several teams with multiple coordinators that all said I'm getting along with this person so well only to get fired. Both were Turnover prone with similar TD/INT ratios.

I actually struggle to find ways they were different other than George would throw the aggressive deep ball when pressured where Jay would take sacks.

Comment

Working...
        X