Elvis Doommervil retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uplink View Post
    So did they fax machine fiasco work out better for the broncos or not? Recall Doom was later in his career at the time.
    I think we suffered a bit until Ware showed up. Probably a net positive in the grand scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
      That's creepy sounding. Sounds like you are a kid in high school and he is married to your classmate.

Hey isn't there a game today?
      Is preseason #4 too lame for a game-day thread?

Yeah i should have said hes married to a hot girl that i went to high school with years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
        i thought he retired years ago.... that was a great pick, what 3rd round?
        4th round I believe.

That was probably Shanny's best draft.....

1st round - Cutler
        2nd round - Tony Sheffler (not great)
        2nd round - draft day traded a pick to GB for Javon Walker
        4th round - Dumervil
        4th round - Brandon Marshall
        5th round - Chris Kuper

Not bad.

Comment

Very good draft.

Comment

Yep, pretty sure Doom was picked in the 4th.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
                4th round I believe.

1st round - Cutler
                4th round - Dumervil
                5th round - Chris Kuper

Not bad.
                Dumervil and Marshall panned out to be great, but Cutler and Sheffler had the talent, they just were douches, but if your looking at just talent thats a heck of a draft

Comment

Loved him when he was here. I will never forget him decleating *tommy*, I think we lost the game though. One of the most perfect QB crushes ever. Would probably be a flag now and a 1st down for them.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                    Loved him when he was here. I will never forget him decleating *tommy*, I think we lost the game though. One of the most perfect QB crushes ever. Would probably be a flag now and a 1st down for them.
                    Doom would have been ejected for the rest of the season for that hit now a days.

Comment

Best wishes to him in his post career life. Hope he gets himself checked regularly and stays on top of his health.

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
                        4th round I believe.

1st round - Cutler
                        4th round - Dumervil
                        5th round - Chris Kuper

Not bad.
                        That’s the kind of drafting that makes you a SB contender. Shanny handled the Cutler development wrong, and not only that but instead of drafting Jay and trading for Walker, we could have really beefed up the defense after that disastrous AFC showing and still have a prime Champ Bailey.

Ultimately, as good as this draft class was for Shanny, it also became his downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by 24champ View Post
                          That’s the kind of drafting that makes you a SB contender. Shanny handled the Cutler development wrong, and not only that but instead of drafting Jay and trading for Walker, we could have really beefed up the defense after that disastrous AFC showing and still have a prime Champ Bailey.

Ultimately, as good as this draft class was for Shanny, it also became his downfall.
                          I liked drafting Cutler as Denver wasn't beating Manning, SD, pats and possibly Pitt. 2005 was a season like KC always tried to get a huge TO margin only to get beat in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by 24champ View Post

Thats a great point, if we could have beefed the D up and kept Plummer going and just delt with his suckyness for a year or 2 of cutlers development who knows, but its hard for me to say cutler had potential even with years of preparation because of his attitude and work ethic now, hes a duche.

Comment

11. Jay Cutler
                              12. Haloti Ngata

I'm sad again.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                                11. Jay Cutler
                                12. Haloti Ngata

I'm sad again.

Ohhh Ngata with Champ in his prime, what coulda been.

Comment

Working...
                                X