Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lynch "Absolutely" Wants to stay in Denver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
    Well he’s wrong
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Practice_squad

As of 2017, each NFL team may keep up to ten members on its practice squad in addition to the 53-member main roster. A majority of those on a practice squad are rookie draft picks and undrafted free agents (UDFAs) who were cut in training camps. A practice squad also includes veterans, up to four as of the 2016 season.[11] Players may be signed to a practice squad for several reasons: for lack of space on the team, due to injury, or because they require more development.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NFL_season

Practice squads can now have up to four players with two seasons of experience, an increase from the two players allowed the previous two years.[37]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_N...quads_expanded

Practice squads expanded
    The league and the player's union agreed in August to some changes to the practice squad rules. Under the new rules, each team will be able to carry up to 10 players on their practice squad, up from eight. Practice squad eligibility was also expanded by increasing the number of games in a season a player must be on the squad in order for that season to count as one of the player's three seasons of eligibility from three games to six games. Finally, each practice squad may include two players who have accrued too much playing time to be eligible for the squad under the previous rules, though these players may have no more than two accrued seasons in the league. The new rules cover the 2014 and 2015 seasons, and will lapse in 2016 absent their extension
    Last edited by tsr28; 08-29-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

So he would like to continue to get first round QB pay, rather than getting cut and having to accept a minor contract somewhere else. I don't blame him.

Wish him luck, but want to see him move on someplace else.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
        According to Mase on Orange and Blue, Paxton is eligible for practice squad.
        Not sure about this, but I think a team is allowed one vet. on the PS. I thought this changed a couple of years ago and that is how they kept Juwan Thompson on the team in 2016.

Comment

His salary makes it near impossible to move him unless we eat some of it. Cutting him means more dead money than savings. If we're going to trade him for no savings or cut him for even less, they may as well keep him and not waste money or time on a veteran. If you're sold on Kelly as the backup/possible future and you have Keenum, it really doesn't matter who's the three.
          Last edited by Kaylore; 08-29-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

If I was lynch I would want to stay in Denver too millions of dollars for nothing sweet deal.

Comment

Lynch wants to stay in Denver?

Comment

If they don't get rid of him
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X