Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF going on at the Broncos? Booker over Freeman(and he’s going to play on Thursday?)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
    OMFG, he is a rookie, a rookie that has done exactly squat in the NFL. He needs reps to grow and figure it out. You know damn well he is going to make some stupid rookie mistakes throughout the year. It's better is he does them in the preseason.

It’s no biggie.

But Freeman doesn’t need reps. Booker needs reps.

It’s a GAME 4. There’s a reason no one of value plays in these games across the league. Players hate game 4s. Why? Cause there’s no gameplans. There’s a field filled with players who don’t know what they are doing and causing injuries with bad technique missed assignments etc. there’s been way too many injuries this month and part of that is due to flag happy refs changing the way players are tackled.

It’s not worth the risk of a few reps with players and QB he won’t even play with come week 1. Game 4 injuries happen because there’s dodos out there trying to go 200% to land a job. I’m betting there will be more injuries in this game than the others. Chubbs a rookie and needs reps but you won’t see me wanting him out there.

Reps with the 1st team > reps with scrubs.

Comment

If those 12 extra carries are enough to make Royce's wheels fall off, he was never suited to be the starting RB anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
        If those 12 extra carries are enough to make Royce's wheels fall off, he was never suited to be the starting RB anyways

The point I’m making is it only takes one play to blow a knee. Why add to the percentage with meaningless reps along side players he won’t be playing with..booker looks lost on the lanes out there. He’s the one that needs the reps.

Players ask for game 4s off. Across the league the workhorses are not playing game 4. Freeman is the only workhorse back on this team.

Who in your opinion is the most valuable RB on the team right now?
        Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 08-28-2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I dont see the point in playing Royce behind the backup line. Solves nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
            I dont see the point in playing Royce behind the backup line. Solves nothing.
            It solves lack of experience.

Comment

You have a lot of teams rethinking even Game 3 approaches like the Bears.

Just a matter of time until a 2 game PS and 18 game season.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
                It solves lack of experience.

So you would’ve played Kareem Hunt in game 4 last preseason? Andy Reid was dumb to pass up rookie reps in game 4?

Hunt had 11 total rushes for that preseason.

Some players don’t need it. Nothing about Freeman in these 2 months say he needs more reps with bad players. IMO Freeman gets like 4-5 touches at the most in this game. What’s the point of that

Comment

Originally posted by delany View Post

Injuries are happening everywhere. Players don’t want to play in these games.

Comment

I don't really care if he plays or not.

He could also blow out a knee in practice. I don't think it's the smartest thing to do, but a few extra carries isn't a huge deal. They have a full contact practices from time to time, should everyone sit those out too?

It's football. Things happen. I doubt they are going to feed him the ball 30 times in preseason game 4. If that happens, then we will have something meaningful to bitch about.

Comment

• Originally posted by delany View Post

I thought that was a little weird. Are they giving thier starters 2 weeks off before the first real game, or do some of them play Thurs? It just seems like a long layoff before any real action, esp before the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

He could also blow out a knee in practice. I don't think it's the smartest thing to do, but a few extra carries isn't a huge deal. They have a full contact practices from time to time, should everyone sit those out too?

It's football. Things happen. I doubt they are going to feed him the ball 30 times in preseason game 4. If that happens, then we will have something meaningful to b**** about.
                        Agreed.

Comment

It's football. Things happen. I doubt they are going to feed him the ball 30 times in preseason game 4. If that happens, then we will have something meaningful to b**** about.

Fair enough. I play percentages a lot and just like the 0% percent chance in that game as opposed to 1+% of injury.

I think I see Freeman as more valuable than some think. I wouldn’t play Hunt in that game 4 last year. Even though he was a mid round rookie with only 11 touches all preseason.

If the off chance Freeman get hurt in this game I will be unbearable. Broncos have been extremely lucky so far this preseason with minimal injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                            Fair enough. I play percentages a lot and just like the 0% percent chance in that game as opposed to 1+% of injury.

I think I see Freeman as more valuable than some think. I wouldn’t play Hunt in that game 4 last year. Even though he was a mid round rookie with only 11 touches all preseason.

If the off chance Freeman get hurt in this game I will be unbearable. Broncos have been extremely lucky so far this preseason with minimal injuries.
                            Do you also use that as a pickup line?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

So if he doesn't get hurt, maybe I will be unbearable.

Deal?

Comment

So if he doesn't get hurt, maybe I will be unbearable.

Deal?

Deal. Although you’re too level headed to go bananas on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X