Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF going on at the Broncos? Booker over Freeman(and he’s going to play on Thursday?)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess Who
    replied
    Originally posted by socalorado View Post
    Cause he got an owie on his thumb. What a surprise.
    I guess you have never thrown a football before, no big surprise there.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wilks wanted Rosen to play, but also had concerns about him playing. The risk of re-injuring the thumb on his throwing hand being the concern. Wilks did say yesterday he didn’t think Rosen had to play to be prepared enough to be the Cardinals backup behind Bradford Week 1. <a href="https://t.co/CiHhDyQvps">https://t.co/CiHhDyQvps</a></p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1034912792183103488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Cause he got an owie on his thumb. What a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied
    Freeman better not play. They can use Henderson and Williams all game.

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin'
    replied
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wilks wanted Rosen to play, but also had concerns about him playing. The risk of re-injuring the thumb on his throwing hand being the concern. Wilks did say yesterday he didn’t think Rosen had to play to be prepared enough to be the Cardinals backup behind Bradford Week 1. <a href="https://t.co/CiHhDyQvps">https://t.co/CiHhDyQvps</a></p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1034912792183103488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• R8R H8R
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    They have said locally they aren't playing someone if they're the starter, or if they don't think playing them will be of any worth. This apparently includes players who they already have their minds made up about and see no value in putting them out there. And we're not talking about Von Miller. So it's possible someone doesn't play tomorrow, but also doesn't start or is even cut or moved.

Remember Kyle Johnson?
    No, I don't remember KJ, but Phillip Lindsey would be a guy I would sit even though he is not a starter. In other words, what value is it to have him play when he has already shown everything you wanted to see for the role he will be given.

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    They have said locally they aren't playing someone if they're the starter, or if they don't think playing them will be of any worth. This apparently includes players who they already have their minds made up about and see no value in putting them out there. And we're not talking about Von Miller. So it's possible someone doesn't play tomorrow, but also doesn't start or is even cut or moved.

Remember Kyle Johnson?

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    There are plenty of guys who flash in camp/practice but struggle in games and guys who do the vice versa. You honestly don't know what you have until real bullets fly.

Leave a comment:

• The1percentKid
    replied
    Orton was a practice HOFer.

Your formula would’ve have him starting.

Your formula also has coaching staffs wasting reps(lynch with 2s when they knew Kelly was their guy). Which they don’t do on purpose.
    Last edited by The1percentKid; 08-29-2018, 10:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lolcopter
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
    Maybe you didn't know. But a lot of people knew.
    only because everyone with two eyes can see that Lynch has been total garbage his entire career so the bar is set pretty low. People were optimistic on Kelly, but there was no body of work to actually judge him on. That’s what preseason is for, and that is the value that is derived from its existence. You take away preseason and Lynch is still the backup

Leave a comment:

• Jason in LA
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
    Nobody knew anything until Kelly finally saw some live action and to say otherwise is just revisionist history. Elway has done, and continues to do, everything in his power to salvage Lynch’s career. There is a very real shot that turd stays on the final roster, but it won’t be because “well they knew Kelly was better all along”
    Maybe you didn't know. But a lot of people knew.

Leave a comment:

• Jason in LA
    replied
    Another point about how meaningless preseason games are, it won't be long before Booker isn't even a contributor on this team (even if he makes the cut). But we're sitting here arguing over preseason carries. lol Preseason narrative typically do not roll over into the regular season, and preseason games typically aren't an indication of how a team will do in the regular season. People waste time analyzing these games.

Leave a comment:

• lolcopter
    replied
    They knew. Hell, we all knew. The media knew. We discussed it here at the OM. This was before the preseason games. There were a number of gripes before the preseason games that Lynch and Kelly weren't splitting 2nd team reps, and reports said that Kelly was having a better camp, even though he was relegated to playing with players who probably weren't going to stick around. When Kelly was dealing with a center who couldn't even snap him the ball consistently, many people were asking why he wasn't getting 2nd team reps so that he can showcase himself.

The coaches knew. My opinion is that Lynch stayed ahead of Kelly just for trade purposes. When it was clear that Lynch had no trade value, Kelly was given the spot.
    Nobody knew anything until Kelly finally saw some live action and to say otherwise is just revisionist history. Elway has done, and continues to do, everything in his power to salvage Lynch’s career. There is a very real shot that turd stays on the final roster, but it won’t be because “well they knew Kelly was better all along”

Leave a comment:

• The1percentKid
    replied
    First, I'm not wrong. We just have different opinions. Notice that I didn't tell you that you were wrong on this topic, I simply said that I 100% disagree with you.

This came up in another thread about a week ago and I brought up the Terrell Davis point. The point I made was that his case was a very unique story. How many other Hall of Fame careers, or just good careers, were sparked by a random play in a preseason game?

Chris Harris Jr never gets the reps in preason he doesn’t play. There’s a TON of examples across the league where players made names for themselves in preseason games, not practice.

I’ve talked about this before with 2 coaches(one former one current) whom I’ve known for years. Both have said the same thing I am saying. Which is why I feel so strongly about what it means for the bottom half of depth chart players.

If the NFLPA thought it was a waste of time, it would’ve been eliminated years ago. There’s always going to be deeply talented players who don’t need it. Like Gurleys point of view. But it’s important for no name players to make names for themselves. They get pushed up depth charts because of real game reps, no unpadded light practices and 7 on 7s
    Last edited by The1percentKid; 08-29-2018, 10:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jason in LA
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
    How could you even remotely think this when Chad wasn’t even given reps with the 2’s until after that first week? The plan most certainly was not to have your 7th round pick ahead of your 1st. Kelly just forced their hand because Lynch is such a trainwreck
    They knew. Hell, we all knew. The media knew. We discussed it here at the OM. This was before the preseason games. There were a number of gripes before the preseason games that Lynch and Kelly weren't splitting 2nd team reps, and reports said that Kelly was having a better camp, even though he was relegated to playing with players who probably weren't going to stick around. When Kelly was dealing with a center who couldn't even snap him the ball consistently, many people were asking why he wasn't getting 2nd team reps so that he can showcase himself.

The coaches knew. My opinion is that Lynch stayed ahead of Kelly just for trade purposes. When it was clear that Lynch had no trade value, Kelly was given the spot.

Leave a comment:

• Jason in LA
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
    You’re completely wrong.

Terrell Davis is the pure example that preseason is needed. Without it it’s just practice and buried behind 5 RBs, barely no meaningful practice reps.
    First, I'm not wrong. We just have different opinions. Notice that I didn't tell you that you were wrong on this topic, I simply said that I 100% disagree with you.

This came up in another thread about a week ago and I brought up the Terrell Davis point. The point I made was that his case was a very unique story. How many other Hall of Fame careers, or just good careers, were sparked by a random play in a preseason game?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X