Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF going on at the Broncos? Booker over Freeman(and he’s going to play on Thursday?)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeman has the rookie wall coming in week 13, that’s 1.5 college seasons, most rookies, especially rbs can’t handle the rigors out of the gate, they need Henderson this year, cutting him would be a significant self inflicted wound. The mix will be Choopy, it always is when you have two rookies and a first year guy in the mix.

The team is not a real contender, just accept the flaws from Horsefacer GMs roster constructing

9-7 ishfor a long time

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug View Post
      Henderson looked great playing garbage time last preseason. He was not that special in season.
      Not that special in season because they had him inactivated almost every week. When he got his chance against KFC he looked much like he did in preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug View Post
        Henderson looked great playing garbage time last preseason. He was not that special in season.
        Uh...he had 7 carries last year. What were you looking for from that?

Comment

Originally posted by Orange_pride77 View Post
          Anyone here have an insight to share on this Radio move? Anyone else think Freeman should play Thursday @ the Cardinals?

Freeman averaging 5.6 ypc and straight beasting it.
          Booker running like a blind man into his lineman for 3.6 ypc.

GTFO!
          Pass protection is just as important as running. I am guessing Booker starts until Freeman can pick up the blitzes. Nice overreaction though

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
            A team who’s had SEVERAL late round UDFAs turn into gems.

Ya those are some stupid fans. Dumb to think it can happen each year.

I remember people blasting other fans who liked Harris before he was “found”. Was stupid to believe CJ could do anything!
            All the points you've made to this point are either unjustified generalizations based on exceptional examples, or completely irrelevant comparisons.

- Running backs "across the league" don't need good offensive lines.

- The Broncos have had "several late round UDFA turn into gems" ergo fans fawning over garbage time stats = totally justified.

Utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
              Read somewhere that Henderson had trouble making weight last season hence his long benching.
              i hadn't heard that. interesting. he looks chubby now actually. bummer. I really like watching him run.

i'm gonna give booker a clean slate. he's run behind horrible lines and multiple coordinators. let's see if he can rebound his career.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                On a screen pass, not a run.
                So? He made a play, which is something Booker never does.

Comment

decisions like this make me wonder if they keep lynch

Comment

Should they cut or trade Hop Henderson and decide to keep Booker and/or Lynch then that lets us know the broncos are making roster decisions on something other than talent and on field production.

It would be really frustrating as a fan to watch them release someone with more talent. Can you imagine what it would be like from the players perspective to watch them drop the more talented guys and keep dead weight? That wouldn’t motivate me to work harder. Not trying to over react before the cards are flipped, but that’s how a coach loses the locker room.

Of course there could always be something behind the scenes driving the decision like the Talib situation but nothing like that has been reported of Hop.

I still have my fingers crosssed that it’s all a charade to try and move Booker and not Henderson. By sitting him we show other teams we think he can be a starter. Even though film is valuable, any trade partners perception of our evaluation of the player is perhaps more important because we spend all day with the guy. Which is why we won’t get **** for Lynch.. his demotion tells other teams we think he sucks.

Comment

Henderson looks a lot slower this preseason than he did last. Whether that's on him or the coaches I'm not sure but I haven't seen anything this preseason to make me excited about his play. Whether they keep him, Booker or both they both look like average Joe's out there.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
                        Henderson looks a lot slower this preseason than he did last. Whether that's on him or the coaches I'm not sure but I haven't seen anything this preseason to make me excited about his play. Whether they keep him, Booker or both they both look like average Joe's out there.
                        Freeman definitely looks like the best RB on the roster.

Booker and Henderson look like any other depth RB. I really don't care if they keep one or the other.

Comment

this better be a ruse or trade bait or not showing other guys on film or or
                          or or or or or or
                          or or or or or or
                          or or or or or or
                          or or or or or or

Comment

Who cares the season is 16 games and all RBs get hurt throughout seasons. We need Freeman fresh going into late into the year. WTF cares about week 1 only.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                              Bingo. That’s why I’m not worried about it. Freeman will get his carries day 1, and eventually start. That should be obvious to anyone paying attention. Also, it’s very possible that Elway is showcasing Booker for a trade. Maybe, maybe not, but you never know.
                              This thread is the typical amatuer GM/HC over reaction on the Mane. Such outrage at this decision. Entertainment for some.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
                                Has he played behind anything other than the No. 3 OL. I have seen him make some tough yards in the preseason when there wasn't much in front of him. It is a bit of a mystery why his play hasn't flashed as it has before.

Comment

Working...
                                X