Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF going on at the Broncos? Booker over Freeman(and he’s going to play on Thursday?)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The1percentKid
    replied
    Originally posted by delany View Post
    Unbelievable. It’s almost like the Broncos are using additional information and rationale for what they do beyond just the stats from preseason games that we get to see.
    So put you down for Booker? There is no rationale for booker. He’s the one who needs more reps.

Fans got it right last preseason. It’s a good thing they dumped a young prospect with potential for a vet who did absolutely nothing at QB.. also ideal to keep a player with great cutting ability and some potential on the bench all year, for booker, assuring massive 3 and outs.

It’s a good idea to open Freeman up to injury with reps of bad players on the field,
    Last edited by The1percentKid; 08-27-2018, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Broncojef
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Lots of misunderstanding in here.

Freeman is starting the 4th preseason game, not Booker. Booker is one of 22 players(VJ called them "the starters") not dressing for this game.

Freeman is clearly superior, what gives?
    I'm still not even sure why Booker is on the frking team let alone our starter. I read an article today about how the Broncos are looking to trade Henderson who looked tons better than worthless Booker and Holland. I realize coaches are smarter than we the fans and we have no clue how to evaluate talent but good Lord this is like Lynch all over again...forcing guys to play who can't just sucks.

Leave a comment:

• delany
    replied
    Unbelievable. It’s almost like the Broncos are using additional information and rationale for what they do beyond just the stats from preseason games that we get to see.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoInferno
    replied
    Originally posted by Action View Post
    Booker is another Elway/Kubiak draft pick being shoved down VJ’s throat.
    Freeman is a higher draft pick than Booker, so not sure why you think that has any relevance?

Leave a comment:

• Action
    replied
    Booker is another Elway/Kubiak draft pick being shoved down VJ’s throat.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

Freeman is starting the 4th preseason game, not Booker. Booker is one of 22 players(VJ called them "the starters") not dressing for this game.

Ah...well that's just ****ed. Same stupidity led us to Lynch and Osweiler on the roster while Sloter went to the Vikings. These guys are straight dumbasses.

Leave a comment:

• The1percentKid
    replied
    OP I talked about it in this thread. To the dismay of a few who felt offended by my large whining about VJ.

It starts to get good around page 3

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131198

Leave a comment:

• BroncoInferno
    replied
    This really isn’t hard to figure out. The other backs are three rookies and a second year guy who has barely played. As much as people seem to ignore it, coaches league-wide talk about how crucial it is for backs to understand protections and what to do on plays when they don’t have the ball in their hands. Inexperienced backs usually struggle at this. So, as underwhelming as Booker truly is, as the only real vet on the roster he’s probably better in those other areas by default. I wouldn’t handwring over it; if Freeman is better with the ball in his hands he’ll get the most touches even if he isn’t the official starter.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Paladin
    replied
    MELTDOWN!

It's beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• DHallblows
    replied
    Given the fact that you rest starters during the 4th preseason game, Booker starting the 4th preseason game...is a good sign.

Leave a comment:

• Jason in LA
    replied
    A lot of folks are having knee jerk reactions over preseason games. I'll be pissed if Booker gets more carries when the season starts. But for preseason, who cares?

Leave a comment:

• uplink
    replied
    booker must have been the product of VJs colorado shower with the two girls

Leave a comment:

• R8R H8R
    replied
    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Pretty much everyone here thinks Freeman is better than Booker, but for whatever reason they seem to love Booker. That said, if he was the clear #1 he wouldn't be playing at all Thursday.
    Bingo. That’s why I’m not worried about it. Freeman will get his carries day 1, and eventually start. That should be obvious to anyone paying attention. Also, it’s very possible that Elway is showcasing Booker for a trade. Maybe, maybe not, but you never know.

Leave a comment:

• TNF
    replied
    Booker is useless. Has no ability to read a potential hole or juke.

Solution: Henderson and Holland should both make the final cut.

Cut dead weight. Elway, are you drinking heavily again?

This isn' t that hard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X