Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF going on at the Broncos? Booker over Freeman(and he’s going to play on Thursday?)?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
    What if Keenum passes on the first play, and then the second play?.... your statement is idiotic.


    Nah. It’ll be a run.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
      Orton was great in practice on ALL teams. Not just with Tebow. That’s my point. Sometimes players practice really well until another team with pads is across from them. If Kelly **** the bed last game and next game, you better believe they bring in a FA vet, regardless if he looked awesome in all the practices. That’s a decision based on preseason, not practice.

      4 games is too much. 2-3 is needed. We’re going in circles here.
      Yes, and introducing Tebow into this led us down a rabbit hole.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
        Yes, and introducing Tebow into this led us down a rabbit hole.

        Well, I didn’t bring up Tebow. I mentioned Orton. He was great in practices with the Bears Broncos and Bills. Tebow has nothing to do with that. I used Orton as an example of a player who excelled in practice, but sucked under the lights with another team across from him.



        Tebow was bad in practice and in real games.

        Comment


        • Game 2 should be the dress rehearsal and game 3 should be for the last few trying to win a spot. Eliminating game 4. Then use the extra week for 2 byes through the year.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
            Denver is playing the Seahawks and very tough physical team.

            They were tough and physical. I am thinking that ship is about to set sail.


            Comment


            • Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
              Well, I didn’t bring up Tebow. I mentioned Orton. He was great in practices with the Bears Broncos and Bills. Tebow has nothing to do with that. I used Orton as an example of a player who excelled in practice, but sucked under the lights with another team across from him.



              Tebow was bad in practice and in real games.
              I stand corrected, you brought up Orton... which took us down a rabbit hole.

              Comment


              • I guess every decision by VJ has to be put in the perspective that he is coaching for his job this year. Maybe Booker as the starter makes sense to him in this context somehow.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by uplink View Post
                  I guess every decision by VJ has to be put in the perspective that he is coaching for his job this year. Maybe Booker as the starter makes sense to him in this context somehow.
                  I don’t know if Booker will be the starter day 1, but Freeman will have the job soon enough. Anyway, the premise of your post is absolutely correct. VJ is coaching for his life right now. He’s going to play guys he trusts to execute a game plan. There is no way in hell, he wanted one of those QB’s with #5 in the draft.

                  He knows he wouldn’t be around long enough to see if the kid is worth anything or not. The happiest person in Colorado when Keenum signed was VJ. Keenum could very well be the person who saves VJ’s job after this year. We’ll see.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                    Nah. It’ll be a run.
                    haha... probably right but still don't mean ****!!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
                      They were tough and physical. I am thinking that ship is about to set sail.


                      They were 9-7 last year... They will be better this year.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                        They were 9-7 last year... They will be better this year.
                        With who? They are just Russell Wilson and a bunch of guys now.

                        they will probably be competitive I'm just not sure who's coming up to replace all the vets that have left, but then if I was a fan of them i'd probably have a better idea

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                          They were 9-7 last year... They will be better this year.
                          On defense they wont have KJ Wright, Bennett, Earl Thomas (unless he reports), Kam, Sherman, and some others out there.

                          But they're still a solid team and have a top 5 QB in Wilson who is a nightmare to play again so yes it wont be an easy game. But it's a game Denver needs to win.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by uplink View Post
                            I guess every decision by VJ has to be put in the perspective that he is coaching for his job this year. Maybe Booker as the starter makes sense to him in this context somehow.
                            If Freeman could pass block worth a hoot he would be the "starter" but he can't and that's why he will be playing tonight to work on that

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                              They were 9-7 last year... They will be better this year.
                              No they won't

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                                On defense they wont have KJ Wright, Bennett, Earl Thomas (unless he reports), Kam, Sherman, and some others out there.

                                But they're still a solid team and have a top 5 QB in Wilson who is a nightmare to play again so yes it wont be an easy game. But it's a game Denver needs to win.
                                I think there's dumpster fire potential there. In addition to the defensive issues you mentioned, their OL is still a mess, they have no WRs or TEs. We will see about Rashad Penny, but he'll likely have issues behind that line. The roster has really gotten depleted because of Schneider's poor drafting in recent years and sending away valuable picks for players that didn't pan out (Harvin, Graham, Richardson). Wilson is great, but that is a lot to overcome.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X