Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF going on at the Broncos? Booker over Freeman(and he’s going to play on Thursday?)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have said locally they aren't playing someone if they're the starter, or if they don't think playing them will be of any worth. This apparently includes players who they already have their minds made up about and see no value in putting them out there. And we're not talking about Von Miller. So it's possible someone doesn't play tomorrow, but also doesn't start or is even cut or moved.

Remember Kyle Johnson?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
      They have said locally they aren't playing someone if they're the starter, or if they don't think playing them will be of any worth. This apparently includes players who they already have their minds made up about and see no value in putting them out there. And we're not talking about Von Miller. So it's possible someone doesn't play tomorrow, but also doesn't start or is even cut or moved.

Remember Kyle Johnson?
      No, I don't remember KJ, but Phillip Lindsey would be a guy I would sit even though he is not a starter. In other words, what value is it to have him play when he has already shown everything you wanted to see for the role he will be given.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wilks wanted Rosen to play, but also had concerns about him playing. The risk of re-injuring the thumb on his throwing hand being the concern. Wilks did say yesterday he didn’t think Rosen had to play to be prepared enough to be the Cardinals backup behind Bradford Week 1. <a href="https://t.co/CiHhDyQvps">https://t.co/CiHhDyQvps</a></p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1034912792183103488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Freeman better not play. They can use Henderson and Williams all game.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wilks wanted Rosen to play, but also had concerns about him playing. The risk of re-injuring the thumb on his throwing hand being the concern. Wilks did say yesterday he didn’t think Rosen had to play to be prepared enough to be the Cardinals backup behind Bradford Week 1. <a href="https://t.co/CiHhDyQvps">https://t.co/CiHhDyQvps</a></p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1034912792183103488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
            Cause he got an owie on his thumb. What a surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post
              Cause he got an owie on his thumb. What a surprise.
              I guess you have never thrown a football before, no big surprise there.

Comment

• Freeman should be our starter this year.. Vance has to stop worrying about hurting a veterans feelings. Freeman had more runs (TD runs) over 20 yards in preseason, than Booker has EVER had. He has had NO runs over 20 yards.. ever. Just crazy to start Booker, unless they are super worried about pass blocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFox View Post
                  Freeman should be our starter this year.. Vance has to stop worrying about hurting a veterans feelings. Freeman had more runs (TD runs) over 20 yards in preseason, than Booker has EVER had. He has had NO runs over 20 yards.. ever. Just crazy to start Booker, unless they are super worried about pass blocking.
                  Who cares who starts game one? Denver is playing the Seahawks and very tough physical team. Denver is better off starting Booker or Henderson. Freeman will get his carries and if he plays the best he will start at some point.

This is such a non story

Comment

• Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                    I guess you have never thrown a football before, no big surprise there.
                    No big suprise that Rosen hasn't thrown a football either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                      Who cares who starts game one? Denver is playing the Seahawks and very tough physical team. Denver is better off starting Booker or Henderson. Freeman will get his carries and if he plays the best he will start at some point.

This is such a non story

If booker starts that game I guarantee 1st possesion will be a 3 and out due to a 0-2 yard gain.

Booker needs more reps before week 1. He can’t even find the running lanes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                        They have said locally they aren't playing someone if they're the starter, or if they don't think playing them will be of any worth. This apparently includes players who they already have their minds made up about and see no value in putting them out there. And we're not talking about Von Miller. So it's possible someone doesn't play tomorrow, but also doesn't start or is even cut or moved.

Remember Kyle Johnson?
                        this one here would defend anything the broncos Horseface or Elway do.

Baghdad bob of the orangemane.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolf754life View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                            Orton was a practice HOFer.

Your formula would’ve have him starting.

Your formula also has coaching staffs wasting reps(lynch with 2s when they knew Kelly was their guy). Which they don’t do on purpose.
                            No, actually it wouldn't have. You're totally conflating issues with that one.

While I'm no Tebow fan at all, one point that I've made about him was that he was never going to out perform Orton in practice because teams don't hit the QBs in practice. So you really can't practice what Tebow does. Tebow will never shine in practice. He doesn't even possess the basic quarterback skills that Orton at minimum has. But Tebow was going to have a huge impact on games, and he did. A Tebow led team will win more games than an Orton led team, even though Orton is a much better passer.

But the Tebow/Orton point really has nothing to do with this discussion.

And my point of preseason games wouldn't result in Lynch staying at No. 2. I've addressed that already a few times. If there were no preseason games, Kelly still would have moved in front of Lynch. Like I said, I believe that they kept Lynch at No. 2 just to try to create trade value in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
                              No, actually it wouldn't have. You're totally conflating issues with that one.

While I'm no Tebow fan at all, one point that I've made about him was that he was never going to out perform Orton in practice because teams don't hit the QBs in practice. So you really can't practice what Tebow does. Tebow will never shine in practice. He doesn't even possess the basic quarterback skills that Orton at minimum has. But Tebow was going to have a huge impact on games, and he did. A Tebow led team will win more games than an Orton led team, even though Orton is a much better passer.

But the Tebow/Orton point really has nothing to do with this discussion.

And my point of preseason games wouldn't result in Lynch staying at No. 2. I've addressed that already a few times. If there were no preseason games, Kelly still would have moved in front of Lynch. Like I said, I believe that they kept Lynch at No. 2 just to try to create trade value in him.

Orton was great in practice on ALL teams. Not just with Tebow. That’s my point. Sometimes players practice really well until another team with pads is across from them. If Kelly **** the bed last game and next game, you better believe they bring in a FA vet, regardless if he looked awesome in all the practices. That’s a decision based on preseason, not practice.

4 games is too much. 2-3 is needed. We’re going in circles here.
                              Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 08-29-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                                If booker starts that game I guarantee 1st possesion will be a 3 and out due to a 0-2 yard gain.

Booker needs more reps before week 1. He can’t even find the running lanes.
                                What if Keenum passes on the first play, and then the second play?.... your statement is idiotic.

Comment

Working...
                                X