Mid Season Grades from SI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Season Grades from SI

Seriously.....is anything worth reading anymore?

Denver: B+
    New England: A-

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...1_a2&eref=sihp

Oh.....and Bedard's mid-season MVP is Jamaal Charles. Yeah, a guy on pace for a whopping 1,200 rushing yards is MVP......okay. This while on pace to having more carries than he's ever had.

Why bother reading ANYTHING that these so-called experts write? I search the web for anything informative, insightful, analytic......and this is what you get. So few good writers......IMO, the only one worth reading is Kirwan

HAEY GUYZ GRADEZ!

Comment

I liked reading this one, instead http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...gly-hurry.html

- SI is a yearly swimsuit issue away from being complete irrelevant

Comment

Yeah....I don't get irritated at some tool's opinion.....it's more the lack of work, the laziness, and the lack of quality of product.

Aren't these guys supposed to be professional sports writers? The market is oversaturated, and guys that hold jobs in this industry shouldn't be able to.

Problem is....there are 20 of these guys for every 1 Pat Kirwan.

If I were this sloppy in my work......I'd get fired.

Even better that the Pats getting an "A-" is the Jets getting an "A". Nurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post

HAEY GUYZ GRADEZ!
          When did Eddie Munster become a football analyst?

Comment

His job is to generate page-views. You do that by being sensible, you do that by being controversial.

Comment

It is what it is. A temperature check, grading article. This isn't intended to to be a Jim Murray piece.

Your expectations seem awfully high for a ho-hum piece of free content.

Personally I don't have that much of a problem with the grades. The Jets, Pats, Chiefs and Pathers all have over-achieved from what I thought they would do at the beginning of the season. So A's don't seem that far-fetched to me.

The Seahawks are one of the ones though that I would have graded down. They have gotten pretty lucky lately and have played down to the level of their competition. Not an A in my book given their preseason SB predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                His job is to generate page-views. You do that by being sensible, you do that by being controversial.
                I get that. Especially, since that "average Joe fan" flocks to any headline with the following 3 words in it:

1. "Grades"
                2. "Power"
                3. "Rankings"

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                  :erm?:

Comment

Patriots are always going to be overrated. There is an oversaturation of Boston media in the national NFL media -

Ian Rapoport - NFLN - Former Patriot Beat writer
                    Albert Breer- NFLN - Former Patriot Beat writer
                    Greg Bedard- MMQB-Former Patriot Beat writer
                    Peter King - MMQB - Former Boston resident and Brady/Belichick Fan Boi
                    Rodney Harrison - Sunday Night Football - Former Patriot
                    Willie Mcginest- NFLN - Former Patriot
                    Heath Evan - NFLN - Former Patriot

For some reason they all have to prop up Brady and (by proxy) disparage Manning.

Best to not pay attention to them. Read the Fat Blog

Comment

Well, your point is understood and perhaps correct. But, you really can't expect the national writers to know as much about every team as we might know about the Broncos. You can't follow 32 teams as closely as a rabid fan follows his.

That said, are the ratings really that bad? NE, for example, really has done an amazing job all things considered. Lose Welker, Hernandez, and Woodhead. Miss Gronk for much of the year. Lose your top two defensive players and starting RT. Have Brady play relatively poorly (possibly due to injury). And so on. And yet they're 6-2. Thus, given the circumstances, they've overachieved.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                        Patriots are always going to be overrated. There is an oversaturation of Boston media in the national NFL media -

Ian Rapoport - NFLN - Former Patriot Beat writer
                        Albert Breer- NFLN - Former Patriot Beat writer
                        Greg Bedard- MMQB-Former Patriot Beat writer
                        Peter King - MMQB - Former Boston resident and Brady/Belichick Fan Boi
                        Rodney Harrison - Sunday Night Football - Former Patriot
                        Willie Mcginest- NFLN - Former Patriot
                        Heath Evan - NFLN - Former Patriot

For some reason they all have to prop up Brady and (by proxy) disparage Manning.

Best to not pay attention to them. Read the Fat Blog
                        Umm, great point. Figures the Boston media would vote Jamaal Charles as MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by Gelding Horse View Post
                          Umm, great point. Figures the Boston media would vote Jamaal Charles as MVP.
                          I was addressing the first point, not the second. Since you brought it up though, they couldn't go with Brady, that's too laughable. So then it's the anti-Manning, even if you have to reach horribly for Jamaal Charles.

Comment

Thats why I read exclusively IAOFM..........................

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                              Thats why I read exclusively IAOFM..........................
                              never heard of it

Comment

Working...
                              X