Bowlen contributor candidate for HOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowlen contributor candidate for HOF

NBC Sports - ProFootballTalk: Pat Bowlen, Gil Brandt are contributor candidates for Hall of Fame’s Class of 2019 https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...class-of-2019/

This ones for PAT!!!!

Comment

Sweet!!!

Comment

About F'ing time!!

https://goo.gl/images/QT4os6

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When you talk about contributors, nobody’s given more to the game than Pat Bowlen. His impact on the Broncos and NFL will never be matched, and it’s great to see that recognized today.<br><br>I can’t wait for the day Pat’s bust joins the Bronco family in the <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballHOF?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ProFootballHO F</a>! <a href="https://t.co/iR1xisMA0j">https://t.co/iR1xisMA0j</a></p>&mdash; John Elway (@johnelway) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnelway/status/1032705436061818880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 23, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

"Pat Bowlen in the HOF? I don't know. Yes, he was instrumental in negotiating the landmark TV deals that made the NFL what it is today. Yes, since his removal from that post the NFL has struggled and lost viewership and is behind the times on distribution. Yes, he's one of the most successful owners in all of sports and the Broncos have been one of the best teams in all of sports since he took over the team in the early 80's appearing in 7 Super Bowls and winning 3.

But I just think he doesn't have it. By it, I mean he didn't run a team in the NFC East or New England area. I think there are other more deserving people who need to go in ahead of him. Like Robert Kraft or maybe Jerry Jones again just to be sure, you know in case something happens to his first bust. We can consider Pat Bowlen in maybe a few years. I realize he's not doing well, but we have standards in the HOF, and anyone associated with the Denver Broncos are below them."

Comment

Comment

'bout time. Congrats Pat!

Comment

Not a done deal yet, but it's looking good … finally.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post

"Pat Bowlen in the HOF? I don't know. Yes, he was instrumental in negotiating the landmark TV deals that made the NFL what it is today. Yes, since his removal from that post the NFL has struggled and lost viewership and is behind the times on distribution. Yes, he's one of the most successful owners in all of sports and the Broncos have been one of the best teams in all of sports since he took over the team in the early 80's appearing in 7 Super Bowls and winning 3.

But I just think he doesn't have it. By it, I mean he didn't run a team in the NFC East or New England area. I think there are other more deserving people who need to go in ahead of him. Like Robert Kraft or maybe Jerry Jones again just to be sure, you know in case something happens to his first bust. We can consider Pat Bowlen in maybe a few years. I realize he's not doing well, but we have standards in the HOF, and anyone associated with the Denver Broncos are below them."

Truth, and sad reality.

Comment

it's about time!!!!!

Comment

Still get the feeling he is going to be snubbed. Because the HoF does not have enough Cowboys in it.

Comment

Yes so um **** THAT GUY!!!!

Go Pat and Go Broncos !

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
                            Still get the feeling he is going to be snubbed. Because the HoF does not have enough Cowboys in it.

Don't forget the Steelers -- look at how easy it is for these ****ers to walk into the HOF compared to a Bronco:

Rod Smith (not in the HOF):
                            <script type="text/javascript" src="//widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=pfr&url=%2Fplayers%2FS%2FSmitRo 01.htm&div=div_receiving_and_rushing"></script>

Lynn Swann (HOF, class of 2001):
                            <script type="text/javascript" src="//widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=pfr&url=%2Fplayers%2FS%2FSwanLy 00.htm&div=div_receiving_and_rushing"></script>

Comment

You know it's true when you can't tell whether or not it's satire.

Comment

Working...
                              X