Mike McCoy can guide San Diego Chargers past Denver Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike McCoy can guide San Diego Chargers past Denver Broncos

1) McCoy knows the strengths and weaknesses of Denver's personnel.

2) McCoy understands the Broncos' scheme,

3) McCoy knows the tendencies of the play caller.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...writers_brooks

Originally posted by Bronco Rob View Post
    1) McCoy knows the strengths and weaknesses of Denver's personnel.

2) McCoy understands the Broncos' scheme,

3) McCoy knows the tendencies of the play caller.
    Yeah, Manning's tendency was to audible to better plays than the ones that were called by McCoy.

Comment

This wouldn't shock me. The Chargers lose to teams they should beat and beat teams they should lose to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
        This wouldn't shock me. The Chargers lose to teams they should beat and beat teams they should lose to.

Yup - Game is no gimme

Comment

None of this matters if McCoy doesn't have the personnel to match up with the Broncos. I'm not sure he does. If they can't rush the passer or match up with the WR's, their is little McCoy can do about it.

Comment

can the chargers actually perform better than denver, even if they know every player, coach and tendency?

Comment

There is knowing what Denver will do. It's quite another to actually stop it.

So...good luck, McCoy.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Manning threw out some calls that McCoy knows, only to have them be the opposite

Comment

Bucky Brooks.

Didn't read.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                    None of this matters if McCoy doesn't have the personnel to match up with the Broncos. I'm not sure he does. If they can't rush the passer or match up with the WR's, their is little McCoy can do about it.
                    Thank you. I couldn't have stated it any better myself.

Comment

mCcoy has made some great moves only to shoot himself in the foot later in the same game.

He is still learning how to manage a game and has a way to go. Think of him as a consistent HC who has more faith in himself and his team than a guy like mCd had. They still have a lot of issues on the defensive side of the ball.

The loss of Fox scares me heading into the toughest part of our schedule. I think JDR really needs to focus on getting our D better but we get a lot of guys back and a lot of guys had an extra week to heal so I hope the fact we get our starters back healthy makes up for the attention that JDR will not be able to give them, though his Jag's teams were better on D than O and he was their DC so maybe nothing really changes and Manning can keep the O in sync and humming.

Both of our games last year were close and Rivers does well vs Manning traditionally for some reason. Something like trying to rally around a coaching change on a road game could cost us a bad decision or 2 on the road which costs us the game but if our D can play like it did the 2nd half vs Washington and our O doesn't turn the ball over we will roll to an easy win.

I could see mCcoy trying to break out a few "wrinkles" here and there to confuse us on D. Not sure he can do much to stop Manning on D though. We just need to get after Rivers and not get down 2 scores before the 1st half.

It will be interesting to see if we can continue to adjust at the half like we have been able to during Fox's reign. He has been very good at adjustments at the half, we have come out looking like a totally different team, if JDR cannot make those adjustments we could be in trouble.

Lot to find out how this team bounces back from adversity this week. I would rather face a weaker team like kFc the 1st week after a HC change in the middle of the year but we all have to overcome obstacles in our lives and it says a lot about who we are when we face adversity.

Comment

How has that worked out for the Raiders head coach last 3 games?

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
                          Yup - Game is no gimme
                          Yep plus imo we have to get O going faster or the next 4 games will alter our season alot. I think our O firepower looks good on final score card but, we've really sputtered on O since Dallas game if you take off your orange glasses look harder we only had 14 pts late in 3rd qtr we should have that amount in mid 2nd qtr at the latest. I think we should go 3-1 in next 4 games but, we won't if we wait til mid 3rd qtr to start clicking.
                          Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 11-05-2013, 09:52 PM.

Comment

A few things that write fails to mention. Last year there was no Welker and that alone presents very different scenarios then what McCoy had seen when he was here. Not to mention, I'm sure Welker has brought over some routes that he feels really comfortable with, over from NE. Then there is the JT. He had but a handful of plays all of last year due to injuries and he was injured quite a bit the year before that. I'm not really certain McCoy has all the info on what routes this guy feels good about. Not that this stuff makes a ton of difference but I mention it just because the writer seems to think that just because you worked with a team before that somehow gives you a leg up on your chances to beat them. We see this stuff every year. Players and coaches swap teams and eventually play one another. I'm not sure it makes a whole hell of alot of difference. It comes down to execution, preventing mistakes and staying healthy. If the Broncos could every play a full game like they did in the 2nd half of the Redskins game (or you could actually choose many 2nd half performances throughout the season), it's going to be scary.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                              How has that worked out for the Raiders head coach last 3 games?
                              That's not really comparable. Allen never worked with Manning where as McCoy did.

It still doesn't matter though.

Comment

Working...
                              X