X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shananahan
    replied
    Originally posted by extralife View Post
    No, that Ravens team wasn't anywhere close to full strength. Do you remember things that happened more than a day ago?
    Come at me, bro.

Leave a comment:

• Finger Roll
    replied
    And they won 13 games last year. So you know the 7-1 record is legit
    Last edited by Finger Roll; 11-05-2013, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• extralife
    replied
    Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
    Denver played Baltimore twice last year, beating them easily the first time just weeks before the rematch. Was that team not at full strength?
    No, that Ravens team wasn't anywhere close to full strength. Do you remember things that happened more than a day ago?

Leave a comment:

• Shananahan
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefsKingdom View Post
    Do the broncos have a quality win then?
    If they don't, the current 15.6 PPG differential makes for a decent cushion. Averaging 43 PPG probably doesn't hurt. Oh and there's the leading the league in total offense, passing offense, touchdowns, etc thing. They've scored almost 100 points more on the season than the team in second place, so there's that.

I suppose it all depends on how you define 'quality'.

Leave a comment:

• baja
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefsKingdom View Post
    Can't chose the schedule but you can beat lesser teams by 20 + consistently.....

....if you're good.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefsKingdom
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
    I found this funny

16. New York Jets (5-4, LW: 16)
    That was a good, quality win over the Saints. Many teams in the NFL (including an undefeated one), don’t have a quality win as good as that one, or as good as the Jets’ Week 7 victory over New England.

Leave a comment:

• ZONA
    replied
    6. Kansas City Chiefs (9-0, LW: 6)
    I’m willing to move them up, perhaps to the top, if they beat Denver. I’m not moving them up after they were outgained 470-210 by Jeff Tuel and the Buffalo Bills.

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    It took 9 weeks but the media is finally catching on that kFc is overrated and only because their weaknesses are becoming glaring and can no longer be ignored.

When a 4th string UDFA can out gain (and outscore) the kFc O you know they are overrated. They continue to scrape by in games that they should dominate and blow teams out.

Cannot wait until we play them. I just hope we don't stumble at Chuggers with a new HC while on the road.

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    I found this funny

16. New York Jets (5-4, LW: 16)
    That was a good, quality win over the Saints. Many teams in the NFL (including an undefeated one), don’t have a quality win as good as that one, or as good as the Jets’ Week 7 victory over New England.

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    Yeah Denver spanked Baltimore in Baltimore.

Leave a comment:

• Shananahan
    replied
    Originally posted by enjolras View Post
    I agree with his methodology. I much more favor teams that show they can win big games, as opposed to teams that show more consistency like the Broncos. Based on nothing other than a feeling, but I'd bet that ability translates to more playoff success and ultimately championships.

So give me three really big time wins and three bad losses over 5 wins against inferior teams and 1 loss to a good team.

Btw, this is what gives me tremendous pause about these Broncos. In the last two seasons, by my count, the Broncos have played 6 games against really good teams that were at or near full strength.

Falcons
    Texans
    Patriots
    Bengals
    Baltimore (playoffs)

Baltimore
    Indy

We've only won two of those games (Bengals last year and Baltimore this year).

We have a bunch of big games in a row coming up, this team has the chance to shed that label. But right now, this is a team that has generally shrunk when the big lights are on.

That needs to change.
    Denver played Baltimore twice last year, beating them easily the first time just weeks before the rematch. Was that team not at full strength?

Leave a comment:

• WolfpackGuy
    replied
    Great explanation of the Broncos upcoming wins over the Cheaps.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Originally posted by enjolras View Post
    Baltimore, for my money, was a big game.
    I considered this. I suppose it was at the time, so it would be fair to call it a big game. I downgraded it since, as it turns out, the Ravens just aren't very good.

Leave a comment:

• enjolras
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyR View Post
    Very possible. I just want to see this team prove it. They lost their only "big game" thus far this year. Next one will be the Chiefs in a couple of weeks.
    Baltimore, for my money, was a big game.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    I get the concern here, but i think the "problem" can easily be chalked up to tiny sample size.
    Very possible. I just want to see this team prove it. They lost their only "big game" thus far this year. Next one will be the Chiefs in a couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X