• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great explanation of the Chiefs

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...-nfl.html?vp=1

Said perfectly.

Comment

Have to agree with his ranking. Chiefs are a hot air balloon just waiting to get punctured. I also agree about Josh Freeman. I remember watching him a number of games at KState. I think he's much better than he's been able to show in the NFL. It just proves how players, especially QBs, can get screwed over by ****ty coaches. Freeman was playing great before Schiano took over the Bucs.

Comment

Tuel Time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
          Have to agree with his ranking. Chiefs are a hot air balloon just waiting to get punctured. I also agree about Josh Freeman. I remember watching him a number of games at KState. I think he's much better than he's been able to show in the NFL. It just proves how players, especially QBs, can get screwed over by ****ty coaches. Freeman was playing great before Schiano took over the Bucs.
          The Freeman I watched at K State looks much like he has in his career. ......

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
            The Freeman I watched at K State looks much like he has in his career. ......
            He was doing great under Rahim Morris. Suddenly, he sucks under Schiano? I don't believe it. The Vikes have a lot more problems than Freeman could solve.

Comment

"...they were outgained 470-210 by Jeff Tuel and the Buffalo Bills."

That says about everything there is to say about the Chefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                He was doing great under Rahim Morris. Suddenly, he sucks under Schiano? I don't believe it. The Vikes have a lot more problems than Freeman could solve.
                I just have my doubts he is ever more than a journey man type guy... but I agree he had 3 good years, albeit lots of picks.

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

Comment

I understand his point on Indy and their good wins. But how do you at the same time ignore the losses to Miami (at home) and San Diego?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                      I understand his point on Indy and their good wins. But how do you at the same time ignore the losses to Miami (at home) and San Diego?
                      I agree with his methodology. I much more favor teams that show they can win big games, as opposed to teams that show more consistency like the Broncos. Based on nothing other than a feeling, but I'd bet that ability translates to more playoff success and ultimately championships.

So give me three really big time wins and three bad losses over 5 wins against inferior teams and 1 loss to a good team.

Btw, this is what gives me tremendous pause about these Broncos. In the last two seasons, by my count, the Broncos have played 6 games against really good teams that were at or near full strength.

Falcons
                      Texans
                      Patriots
                      Bengals
                      Baltimore (playoffs)

Baltimore
                      Indy

We've only won two of those games (Bengals last year and Baltimore this year).

We have a bunch of big games in a row coming up, this team has the chance to shed that label. But right now, this is a team that has generally shrunk when the big lights are on.

That needs to change.

Comment

^ Good post, enjolras. I have similar concerns about this team.

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                          I agree with his methodology. I much more favor teams that show they can win big games, as opposed to teams that show more consistency like the Broncos. Based on nothing other than a feeling, but I'd bet that ability translates to more playoff success and ultimately championships.

So give me three really big time wins and three bad losses over 5 wins against inferior teams and 1 loss to a good team.

Btw, this is what gives me tremendous pause about these Broncos. In the last two seasons, by my count, the Broncos have played 6 games against really good teams that were at or near full strength.

Falcons
                          Texans
                          Patriots
                          Bengals
                          Baltimore (playoffs)

Baltimore
                          Indy

We've only won two of those games (Bengals last year and Baltimore this year).

We have a bunch of big games in a row coming up, this team has the chance to shed that label. But right now, this is a team that has generally shrunk when the big lights are on.

That needs to change.
                          I'd still say Dallas was a big game.

Also, we're talking about a very small sample size. I'm dubious about taking anything away from the first 5 games of last season. The Broncos clearly didnt have their groove and were playing much better paced football toward the end of the season. Remember how in those first 5 games we didnt run no huddle until later because they were toying with some ball control BS?

As for the baltimore game in the playoffs, that was the fluke of flukes.

I get the concern here, but i think the "problem" can easily be chalked up to tiny sample size.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                            I get the concern here, but i think the "problem" can easily be chalked up to tiny sample size.
                            Very possible. I just want to see this team prove it. They lost their only "big game" thus far this year. Next one will be the Chiefs in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                              Very possible. I just want to see this team prove it. They lost their only "big game" thus far this year. Next one will be the Chiefs in a couple of weeks.
                              Baltimore, for my money, was a big game.

Comment

Working...
                              X