Final 53 Prediction - 2018 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
    It makes no sense that the NFL wouldn't have a developmental league. They want to be year round and they want to be everywhere. It wouldn't cost them much to set up a farm system somewhere... have a draft of the cut guys every year, allow them to be pulled up to the pros.

Football is a fantastic sport, and that is why the NFL is huge. It is definitely not because it has been run by geniuses.
    Wouldn't even really cost. There are so many medium-sized cities that a farm league could make money in. Would also be great for the development of the game on the local level as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
      Here come some cuts.
      They kept the Ute instead of the dirty cougar

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
        The NFL really needs a developmental league. So many undrafted guys get cut even when they play well, and often that’s the end for them.
        They had NFL Europe for that purpose years ago. Not really sure what happened there. Some quality players got reps there (Kurt Warner, James Harrison off the top of my head).

Comment

• Lol at Jordan Leslie. Does he not understand how important preseason stats are? Does he have any awareness of himself as a player?

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
            Wouldn't even really cost. There are so many medium-sized cities that a farm league could make money in. Would also be great for the development of the game on the local level as well.
            It just makes too much sense for this retarded league. They'd rather waste massive amounts of talent every year. I mean just look at Kurt Warner. Without arena football none of us would know his name. Unfortunately arena football was never a proper developmental league because it's too bloody different, and it ultimately collapsed due to that, in my opinion.
            Last edited by Agamemnon; 08-31-2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
              They had NFL Europe for that purpose years ago. Not really sure what happened there. Some quality players got reps there (Kurt Warner, James Harrison off the top of my head).
              Lack of support was the issue as I recall. Honestly having a developmental league in Europe was stupid. In America it would probably work though, since there are around ten cities that support teams in other sports while lacking an NFL team. The question arises regarding when they would play though. Seems to me that a proper developmental league would need to play at the same time of the year as the NFL, so you aren't asking players to play 24 games a year or something crazy. Games on friday evenings would be the way to go in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaMia View Post
                Lol at Jordan Leslie. Does he not understand how important preseason stats are? Does he have any awareness of himself as a player?
                He played well all preseason, and is getting shafted because we are loaded at the position. His frustrations are valid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                  He played well all preseason, and is getting shafted because we are loaded at the position. His frustrations are valid.
                  And the fact that some lazy clown who didn't even show up is being kept over him. Pure BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post
                    And the fact that some lazy clown who didn't even show up is being kept over him. Pure BS.
                    You know this how?

Comment

Working...
                    X