Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm done! But only for one day! Then, I'll be back like a virus! (And then I'll get banned!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm done! But only for one day! Then, I'll be back like a virus! (And then I'll get banned!)

I have been a fan for 28 years. I loved watching TD and Elway zing the ball to his unknown cast of wide receivers and the great comebacks. The broncos organization is a great organization and largely this is still somewhat true. But the past 2 years the organization has taken a turn for the worse and John Elway has conceded his GM role to Gary Kubiak and his football philosophies. We saw the same Houston Texans strategy to try and develop a "Yes" man QB that Gary Kubiak loves – a QB with low ceiling and is willing to take check downs and not go for the gold. This QB, which is likely possessing little if any physical or gifted abilities, is the prototypical Kubiak QB and likely a mirror image of Gary Kubiak himself when he was a QB. This model does not work and in Houston and the last two years here have failed miserably to field a decent offensive product and score points. And yet this year we have yet another former Gary Kubiak retread QB who has failed to even be rewarded with a starter role in the NFL after his team had much success last year! Any coach that ever goes 1 – 15 is a complete loser. Gary Kubiak did just that in Houston. Remember, this is what it took to remove that man from the organization. What do you think it will take to remove him and his ideals from bronco country given his relationship with Elway? My guess many years and this is at the root of my revoked fan status for this organization – I do not want to be on this ride and two years of disaster is enough for me.

John Elway is a massive failure as a GM. His best move was signing Peyton Manning, which attracted the necessary free agents to field a world class defensive and a savvy veteran at QB. This combination won a super bowl and John Deserves that credit. However, it is not without due to recognize that Gary Kubiak did everything he could to sabotage that super bowl winning team with his outdated and crappy offensive scheme, which includes the likes of Trevor Siemian, TJ Yates and Case Keenum. Gary Kubiak despite what the rest of the NFL is doing is dogmatic in his beliefs and will not adapt nor be creative, but resort to the same tried and failed techniques. we have had 2 years (another is coming). If anybody thinks Vance is the real coach or pulling strings you must be very ignorant or blind. This team has been Gary Kubiak's team when he was the coach and then even after the last year as a senior adviser. Gary Kubiak has been the head coach by extension and Vance although likely not a very good coach, has been the willing and eager disciple as he was in Houston and willing to follow Gary Kubiak off the cliff with the move to start Trevor Siemian and damage a 1st round QB's confidence and opportunities. Kubiak is so ignorant and bullheaded he will continue to run this franchise in the ground while Elway gets drunk and allows his friend kubiak to have the keys. Elway is being played by Gary kubiak and will be the great fool in this next chapter of Broncos football.

A lot of folks think Vance Joeseph is the problem. To some extent he may be. But make no mistake, he is not a coach who is in much control and is likely being told who and what to play. If you doubt Gary Kubiak is the coach, then ask why the same offense and the same type of players are still out there? Why is Vance not bringing anything new to the table? Because when Elway selected Vance Joseph he and Kubiak had their puppet. No other coach with a vision and a football mind would allow a former coach to dictate their football team that looks exactly like the team did the year before with the same unproven 7th round draft pick. This is still Gary Kubiak's team and the same crappy QBs are here, so Kubiak can play king maker rather than try and win football games. Vance Joseph is the perfect “Yes” man and I believe Elway and Kubiak had this in mind the whole time. This explains the unpredictable hire and one many of us thought Elway was not going to go the unexperienced coach route.

Finally, the Denver broncos I predict will suffer years of defeat and embarrassment. John Elway is responsible, yet Gary Kubiak is the main perpetrator. The broncos needed new blood, fresh ideas and a new head coach when Gary Kubiak stepped down. Everybody knows Vance should have been fired last year and yet Elway slept on it and came back for another year. But what will happen is the lack of a good QB and a defense that gave up a star player in its CB Talib will see a decline in the passing defense. Also, the middle linebacker was never addressed, which showed us a poor run defense exploited last year. So, what we are in for is a ride to hell and every bronco fan will suffer at the hands of the cronyism between Elway and his desperate attempt to seek a fellow friend’s help who has no intention of winning other than winning his way. And if that way does not work, other coaches and people will go, but Gary Kubiak will stay. Maybe the offensive coordinator is blamed when Case Keenum looks like a turd, which is highly likely. Maybe the defensive coordinator is fired when the broncos cannot cover larger star receivers, which Talib did uniquely. The nail in the coffin was the acquisition of Case Keenum a QB the Minnesota Vikings did not even have remote interest in and let walk and a losing team in the Denver bronco’s organization that were losers think they have found gold. The reality is until Gary Kubiak is shown the door and John Elway gets wiser (or sober?) the Denver broncos will not continue their winning tradition and suffer mightily. Some folks will say I am not a true fan, but to me being a sports fan is not about pure blind support. As fans we should expect better and a 3rd year of the Kubiak way in a lame QB and outdated offensive system spells another year of failure and another escape goat in a position coach being let go. We all know the defense and Wade Philips carried the broncos to a championship and absolutely no credit should go to Gary Kubiak and him trying to ruin a hall of fame QB and shortened his career over some dogmatic vision of winning his way. That super bowl offense was puke and looked like that all year even when a hall of fame QB tried to execute it. Great! Let’s see what case Keenum can do now that Manning and Siemian failed! Wrong! Elway needed to move on after the second time around, yet he blamed McCoy who was asked to make a 7th round turd QB into the ultimate game manager.

Time for this football fan to move on from this mess. It will be years before the broncos may see better days and this likely involves a change in organizational leadership at the very top. No thanks I am not going to waste any more Sundays with a football organization that wants to repeat failure and promote a failed head coach who did nothing short of fielding some of the worse offenses this franchise has seen and the worse QBs. I feel for you fans that want to stick around and buy into the same cool-aid the broncos sold last year and the year before. But unlike you, I am not willing to take on another disaster season using the same tried and failed Gary Kubiak football philosophy. This fan has had enough and Gary Kubiak and his Houston Broncos theory of football can eat ****.

Coldcity76

TL; DR

I'm assuming it says you stopped being a fan because you got ignored in the autograph line.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldcity76 View Post

John Elway is a massive failure as a GM.

Such a massive failure

Comment

Comment

This thread is gonna get nuts.

Comment

You expect people to actually read that mess?

Comment

I'm gathering he's pissed about Keenum and Kubiak. Not a Kubiak fan either, but have been a Bronco fan for 48 years with a lot of hate for some coaches, players, moves, etc., but it passed. But thanks for coming back and letting us know. Echoing Hobo......

Comment

Good riddance. If the past 5 years were unenjoyable for you you can go jumo on pats banwagon. As Dennis Leary said get your whole head in front of the barrel.

Comment

Is this the same guy from a few weeks ago that is no longer a fan or somebody else ?

Comment

GTFO!

Comment

Comment

He's bitter his boy Lynch still sucks.

Comment

If he makes a post like that when walking away from the Broncos I would hate to see what he does when he logs off Facebook for a while

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X