X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
    One of the greatest shows of all time.
    Yup

Hard to find a better written or better acted show. Character development was best I have ever seen.

Comment

I hope JDR is more aggressive going for it on 4th down. Does anyone know how he was in Jacksonville if he went for it a lot on 4th or was very conservative?

Comment

People on here acting like now that Del Rio has been named interim HC, that he won't be on the sidelines within ear shot of whoever helps him coach the defense

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
          I hope JDR is more aggressive going for it on 4th down. Does anyone know how he was in Jacksonville if he went for it a lot on 4th or was very conservative?
          On occasion he punted on third down, that's how conservative he is.

Comment

Lets keep Chopping Wood!

Only no real axes in the locker room this time please JDR.

JDR was the right choice, he has experience and hopefully has learned from his past mistakes. I just hope he lets Gase and Manning run the O and he doesn't try to change too much.

I can see where Fontaine would rather have a guy like Studesville because JDR needs to keep his focus on the D which has struggled but he has been a real full time HC and I hope he does a good job during the roughest part of our schedule.

I hope Fox is lucid enough to help keep JDR on point here and there if needed.

Comment

I think as Bronco Fans we need some good karma. Like a serious committment to developing postive vibes in the Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                One of the greatest shows of all time.
                It was ok I liked it to begin with then bombed later seasons much like LOST, Spartacus, and a slew of others. Probably the best show right now is hands down Game Of Thrones. That show has been Delivering and will continue to do so if they can pull of next season.

JMO, To me it the ending was like a dud firecracker.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
                  It was ok I liked it to begin with then bombed later seasons much like LOST, Spartacus, and a slew of others. Probably the best show right now is hands down Game Of Thrones. That show has been Delivering and will continue to do so if they can pull of next season.

JMO, To me it the ending was like a dud firecracker.

Kind of hard to top the way the killed off Gus.

The ending was kinda how they had to wind it up. Given the bad guy has to die rule they handled it pretty well.

Comment

JDR is the best choice, I look for the team to be inspired and focused. I pity the competition.

Comment

Best wishes to the 15th head coach in Denver Broncos history -- you have the keys to the Ferrari now, just be sure to give it back to Foxy in good shape.

1. Frank Filchock (1960-1961): 7-20-1
                      2. Jack Faulkner (1962-1964): 9-22-1
                      3. Mac Speedie (1964-1966): 6-19-1
                      4. Ray Malavasie (1966): 4-8
                      5. Lou Saban (1967-1971): 20-42-3
                      6. Jerry Smith (1971): 2-3
                      7. John Ralson (1972-1976): 34-33-3
                      8. Red Miller (1977-1980): 40-22
                      9. Dan Reeves (1981-1992): 110-73-1
                      10. Wade Phillips (1993-1994): 16-16
                      11. Mike Shanahan (1995-2008): 138-86
                      12. Josh McDaniels (2009-2010): 11-17
                      13. Eric Studesville (2010): 1-3
                      14. John Fox (2011-present): 21-11
                      15. Jack Del Rio (2013): 0-0

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
                        I would have picked Studs...but it depends on how long JF was out. Rest of the season...probably go with JDR...a couple of weeks...Studs. He's the most experienced Interim Head Coach we have.
                        I just don't understand this. Del Rio was a head coach for years, Studesvile a few weeks. What on earth could possibly make anyone think Studesvile would be a better fill-in coach than Del Rio. It's just a weird, anyone but Del Rio twist of logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Durango View Post
                          I just don't understand this. Del Rio was a head coach for years, Studesvile a few weeks. What on earth could possibly make anyone think Studesvile would be a better fill-in coach than Del Rio. It's just a weird, anyone but Del Rio twist of logic.
                          Exactly!

Look, there is a chance that Fox doesnt make it back at all this year. You turn our SB run over to a guy that was a 4 game fill in only because McD had NOBODY capable of being a HC on staff at the time? Really? People were saying how Del Rio hadnt been the same since the USC rumour's came out and you think he wouldnt be effected by getting passed over in that scenario?

Del Rio has already proven he can coach in the NFL. We are really, really, really lucky to have him as our DC/Interim HC.

Get well Foxy.

Comment

Originally posted by fontaine View Post
                            Done what? Juggle DC/HC jobs? That's news to me. I thought he had a DC in Jax?
                            He had a DC but he was the one that called the defense in Jax. Plenty of offensive Head Coaches do this every week. I don't know why you are so concerned that a guy who has already done both on the other side of the ball for years can't do it for a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                              Best wishes to the 15th head coach in Denver Broncos history -- you have the keys to the Ferrari now, just be sure to give it back to Foxy in good shape.

1. Frank Filchock (1960-1961): 7-20-1
                              2. Jack Faulkner (1962-1964): 9-22-1
                              3. Mac Speedie (1964-1966): 6-19-1
                              4. Ray Malavasie (1966): 4-8
                              5. Lou Saban (1967-1971): 20-42-3
                              6. Jerry Smith (1971): 2-3
                              7. John Ralson (1972-1976): 34-33-3
                              8. Red Miller (1977-1980): 40-22
                              9. Dan Reeves (1981-1992): 110-73-1
                              10. Wade Phillips (1993-1994): 16-16
                              11. Mike Shanahan (1995-2008): 138-86
                              12. Josh McDaniels (2009-2010): 11-17
                              13. Eric Studesville (2010): 1-3
                              14. John Fox (2011-present): 21-11
                              15. Jack Del Rio (2013): 0-0
                              How did Frank Filchock manage to coach 28 games in two seasons while Jack Faulkner only managed 32 games in three seasons? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Durango View Post

The main reason is so JDR could keep his FULL attention on the defense which is just now rounding into shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X