JDR named interim coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fontaine View Post
    I agree, and that's why I think it could have a major impact to our defense.

I guess the question really comes down to this: Is JDR still going to be a full time DC and do the bare minimum as a head coach (injury reports, pressers, gameday decisions) or is he going to be a full time head coach and do a little bit of the defensive responsibilities as well.

I know as a fan, I would have preferred Studesville as HC and then hiring a consultant/part time hire as RBs coach because I don't know which Jack Del Rio we have now. The guy who's committed to being a DC for this team or the guy who's going to take this opportunity to be a full time HC to promote his future prospects in this league.

Ask yourself this question: If you were JDR, which one would you choose?
    WTF does that even mean?

As a Broncos fan, would you rather have a guy with 9 years head coaching experience or a guy with three games thats never once coordinated an offense or a defense?

Plus, if you were jack del rio, with all that experience, would you love being chosen over a guy with virtually none? On a similar note, if you were Studs, how would you feel about giving orders to a guy like Del Rio.

There was only one choice here.

Comment

No, I'm saying that's only what we visibly see the HC doing which is only 5% of the work he does.

Fox has already said that he does a lot of self scouting/scouting of the opposition and the point is that it's a full time job.

I don't think for a minute JDR can do the work for two people equally effectively.
      He doesnt have to do all that. He just has to keep the train moving.

Comment

The guy who's committed to being a DC for this team or the guy who's going to take this opportunity to be a full time HC to promote his future prospects in this league.

Ask yourself this question: If you were JDR, which one would you choose?
        He'll still focus on the D IMO. If not, and the defense really craps the bed, it won't matter how good a job he does at the head coaching stuff during the week. We'll lose and he'll be blamed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
          WTF does that even mean?

As a Broncos fan, would you rather have a guy with 9 years head coaching experience or a guy with three games thats never once coordinated an offense or a defense?
          I would rather have a fully committed DC because the defense is the weakest link in this team. Like it or not that's JDR.

Plus, if you were jack del rio, with all that experience, would you love being chosen over a guy with virtually none? On a similar note, if you were Studs, how would you feel about giving orders to a guy like Del Rio.
          Feel? Who the hell cares about what Studs/JDR feel when we've got a head coach about to undergo surgery with the playoffs on the line? How's the even relevant?

How would John Elway feel if JDR leaves Denver this offseason to be HC somewhere else? See how irrelevant that argument is?

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
            He'll still focus on the D IMO. If not, and the defense really craps the bed, it won't matter how good a job he does at the head coaching stuff during the week.
            Hopefully so.

Comment

This morning, JDR called his wife from Dove Valley and said, "Love ya, sweetie. See you in eight weeks."

Comment

Fontaine, how much playoff experience does Studesville have as HC?

Comment

Originally posted by 24champ View Post
                  Fontaine, how much playoff experience does Studesville have as HC?
                  I think you the answer to that question!

I'm hoping Fox is back by that stage.

Comment

This will hopefully give Broncos more incentive to play well. Sort of like the colts last yr with Pagano even though this isn't as scary as cancer. At least I don't think it is. But the players seem to love John Fox. You don't hear about him having problems with the players very much if at all. I think they will rally around Del Rio, especially the defense, and play lights out.

From what I see the defense starting to get the moxie and swagger back they need to cause havok on an offense. Miller is just that good. He's going to make 2-3 plays a game no one else on our defense can make. The threat of those plays opens things up for the other guys.

That and IMO our secondary should get better as the yr goes on, as they learn better how to play with one another. Then last maybe Bailey still does have something left. I am skeptical but that would also be big.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                      This will hopefully give Broncos more incentive to play well. Sort of like the colts last yr with Pagano even though this isn't as scary as cancer. At least I don't think it is. But the players seem to love John Fox. You don't hear about him having problems with the players very much if at all. I think they will rally around Del Rio, especially the defense, and play lights out.

From what I see the defense starting to get the moxie and swagger back they need to cause havok on an offense. Miller is just that good. He's going to make 2-3 plays a game no one else on our defense can make. The threat of those plays opens things up for the other guys.

That and IMO our secondary should get better as the yr goes on, as they learn better how to play with one another. Then last maybe Bailey still does have something left. I am skeptical but that would also be big.
                      Hopefully it pushes them to start out faster just to go easy on the big guy's ticker.

Up 3 scores by half should make life easier on Foxy.

Comment

I would have preferred Studsville be promoted to interim HC if only to deal with all the media bullcrap so Gase/JDR can continue to focus on their units.
                        This.

Comment

I would have picked Studs...but it depends on how long JF was out. Rest of the season...probably go with JDR...a couple of weeks...Studs. He's the most experienced Interim Head Coach we have.

Comment

Only one thing to do right now, and that's blow out San Diego by 3 touchdowns...

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                              Only one thing to do right now, and that's blow out San Diego by 3 touchdowns...
                              Cool avatar. Did you watch the whole series?

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
                                Cool avatar. Did you watch the whole series?
                                One of the greatest shows of all time.

Comment

Working...
                                X