First training camp depth chart of 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
    Teams troll with them too on players they want to trade or guys they are trying to hide. I feel like Denver is going to try and hide Holland on the PS and they have him buried deep.
    Holland is too good to make the PS, it's 53 or another teams roster for him.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
      - David Williams over Lindsay was interesting.
      - Chubb starting is good.
      - Heaurman starting is only thing i didnt like.
      - And Holland is very low on the depth chart but OLB's cant hit the QB's, so.
      - And Cravens is all but a lock to make it, he hasnt practiced in camp and is already the backup at S.

Weird thing to be mad about a week into training camp. Much like the offseason, nothing is real this time of year until the final 53.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
        Teams troll with them too on players they want to trade or guys they are trying to hide. I feel like Denver is going to try and hide Holland on the PS and they have him buried deep.
        There is also the fact that a young player has to earn his spot and just because maybe he has outperformed someone in practice you don't just automatically move him up. Make him earn it. If he beats the guy out through a preseason game then fine but make him earn it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
          Holland is too good to make the PS, it's 53 or another teams roster for him.
          This team is loaded... he could very well end up on practice squad. I mean he is an undrafted FA. If Denver cuts him it is likely he will make it through waivers. After all a 1,000 other players will be cut on the same day as him. Lot's to choose from.

Comment

Chad Kelly is getting SLOTERED.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf754life View Post
              Chad Kelly is getting SLOTERED.
              Sloter, you mean the QB that is 3rd string on Minnesota?

Comment

Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
                Those who have seen him, saw him mostly running drills, probably from 30 yards away.

How can anyone know who should make the roster yet?

It's not time to ask this question about anybody when we have a month to go before they have to answer it.
                I wasn't aware that he had mostly been running drills and not really playing. Maybe I worded it wrong but I just wanted to know if he had shown anything. Excuse me. And it's less than a month

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post
                  I wasn't aware that he had mostly been running drills and not really playing. Maybe I worded it wrong but I just wanted to know if he had shown anything. Excuse me. And it's less than a month
                  Four preseason games then. He's playing in scrimmages and similar live action but the first week of camp most of their stuff has been drills. All I'm saying is we have four games to get a good look at him, and I don't think we know that much about most of these guys yet, with a few exceptions.

There's another guy at that OLB spot BTW, that bears watching as well, and it's Antonio Simmons, #69, a UDFA from Georgia Tech, who didn't have huge stats in college but showed some flashes as a pass rusher, beating his man often but seemed to have a problem finishing with a tackle. What makes him interesting is he's an athletic freak, 6'3", 250 and to go along with 30 BP reps he also ran a 4.48 forty at his pro day...that would have put him #1 at the combine for the position. He was also a Parade Magazine HS All American who had 29 sacks in high school...in just his senior year. He might be a diamond in the rough. His name has been popping up fairly regularly in camp reports as well. He's got a good shot at the PS I would think if he shows anything in the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                    This team is loaded... he could very well end up on practice squad. I mean he is an undrafted FA. If Denver cuts him it is likely he will make it through waivers. After all a 1,000 other players will be cut on the same day as him. Lot's to choose from.
                    If he plays well in preseason he isn’t making it through waivers.

Comment

Von Miller WLB. That means he can line up anywhere he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                        Von Miller WLB. That means he can line up anywhere he wants.
                        That sentence means something very different when you say it next to "Irsay"... Or "he drives around with kilos."

Comment

Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
                          Four preseason games then. He's playing in scrimmages and similar live action but the first week of camp most of their stuff has been drills. All I'm saying is we have four games to get a good look at him, and I don't think we know that much about most of these guys yet, with a few exceptions.

There's another guy at that OLB spot BTW, that bears watching as well, and it's Antonio Simmons, #69, a UDFA from Georgia Tech, who didn't have huge stats in college but showed some flashes as a pass rusher, beating his man often but seemed to have a problem finishing with a tackle. What makes him interesting is he's an athletic freak, 6'3", 250 and to go along with 30 BP reps he also ran a 4.48 forty at his pro day...that would have put him #1 at the combine for the position. He was also a Parade Magazine HS All American who had 29 sacks in high school...in just his senior year. He might be a diamond in the rough. His name has been popping up fairly regularly in camp reports as well. He's got a good shot at the PS I would think if he shows anything in the games.
                          Parade AA doesn't mean as much as it use to.Simmons wasn't recuited very hard out of high school.He is the classic work out warrior that looks the part but doesn't always show with his play.He'd have one play where you'd think he was an AA type then three plays where you wonder how he was starting.

Maybe he'll turn it on all the time now that he is a pro...we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by tsmarine1 View Post
                            Parade AA doesn't mean as much as it use to.Simmons wasn't recuited very hard out of high school.He is the classic work out warrior that looks the part but doesn't always show with his play.He'd have one play where you'd think he was an AA type then three plays where you wonder how he was starting.

Maybe he'll turn it on all the time now that he is a pro...we shall see.
                            Hence his resulting status as a UDFA. Sometimes a light goes on for these types, sometimes not. It’s always interesting to follow them and see if anything clicks.

Comment

This is what I’m talking about with McKenzie. He’s at least here and working hard. Carlos Henderson is nowhere.

McKenzie deserves Henderson’s roster spot. Carlos can go try another career.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I can&#39;t wait to show Broncos Country&quot;: Isaiah McKenzie is on a mission<a href="https://t.co/N2koI2kjo7">https://t.co/N2koI2kjo7</a><br><br>Via <a href="https://twitter.com/HenryChisholm?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@HenryChisholm</a> <a href="https://t.co/99LHCL8GBn">pic.twitter.com/99LHCL8GBn</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Koenigsberg (@RyanKoenigsberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanKoenigsberg/status/1027562647196233729?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 9, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                                Sloter, you mean the QB that is 3rd string on Minnesota?
                                I guess Sloter is getting SLOTERED in Minnesota too

It must be a conspiracy.

Comment

Working...
                                X